Let's Not Fall In Love

The Playlist Drabbles

Let’s Not Fall In Love - Big Bang - 19

Promises - Jungkook x You

Word Count: 220

 

    A head is thrown back, eyes peeking up at you while a smile is plastered on his lips. The butterflies are uncontrollable, fluttering around your stomach. The smile doesn’t leave but that laughter does. Just as suddenly as a winter breeze blowing by the atmosphere becomes more serious.

        “I like you”

    The dark haired boy in the grocery cart you were flying down the aisles with sent those butterflies into overdrive. The spread out to your hears, face flushing, you were a mess.

 

    Just as quickly as that first winter’s breeze came another. This time, your smile that was reciprocating, his faltered. “Let’s not make any promises.” You didn’t need an explanation. His eyes more than told the story of past failed relationships and hurt on both sides. Beneath that sweet smile, “Okay, Jungkook-ah, let’s stay just as we are.” The look Jungkook had given you was laced with a fear that you know is very real.

 

His hand reaches up and taps your nose, his eyes filling with mischief. He pulls himself up onto his knees in the cart and pecks your cheek. “Your turn,” he carols. The butterflies can never be contained no matter how you try, but at least for now that smile was meant for you. Staying as you are didn’t sound so bad after all.