Never Letting Go

The Playlist Drabbles

Fade - Vicktor Taiwo - 50

Never Letting Go - Suho x You

Word Count: 224

 

    Moments in life come so fast and extinguish just as quickly. Whether they’re wrapped in love, joy, anger or sadness they all fade away in due time. Junmyeon felt this in his very soul as he dropped that last rose on a closed casket, on what would appear to other a gorgeous day. That day he would never forget. He wouldn't’ let it. All those emotions he didn’t want to give up. His love with you couldn’t ever fade. People would tell him, it gets better in time. The pain fades. Why? Why must it fade? Instead he searched for ways not to let you fade. Grasping desperately, almost crazily at your cold hand. He needed an anchor or he’d be slipping away fast. The vibrant, warm, rather loud you that he knew could never be in his arms again.

 

As he laid in the bathtub full of cold water that he couldn’t even feel, Junmyeon thought of you. Why must he remain if you’re not around? Who allowed you to fade without him? Weren’t you supposed to grow old together? Letting the empty bottle clatter onto the white tile below, he sunk beneath the surface.

 

    He wouldn’t let you go. This was his decision; what was right in his world. If you were going to fade, he would be right there with you.