Last Time

The Playlist Drabbles

 

#17 - Bad Boy by Big Bang

 

Last Time - Lay x You

Word Count: 912

A/N: This one I got carried away with and actually chopped away at but I'll give you the original.

 

Your toe collided with a pebble as your flimsy flip flops managed to upsurp it enough for you to kick the hard thing across the concrete. Grumbling to yourself, you pouted even more as you made the way down your street. It wouldn't be long before you were home and you needed to shape up. Your eyes were all puffy, hair a birds nest and the fresh tear drops on your pink shirt were more than visible to anyone with actual observant eyes. Walking into your house would only spark a million questions that you didn't want to answer.

 

Yixing and you had yet another fight. Sighing to yourself you ran your fingers through your hair only to get them tangled in your messy locks. "Ow.." so much for fixing your hair you just practically yanked it out of your head. Today was definitely not your day. The tan house you lived in was getting closer by the minute. Not even looking up you shoved your hands deeper into your jean pockets and walked right past. Perhaps another stroll around the block would help. There was a nice breeze out, perhaps it'd blow all your worries away. Worries? What was there to worry about, you had broken up.

 

It was final this time. That was what you had told him. Still though, that phone that was in your backpocket ached for you to pick it up and check to see if he called. If he text you. Pushing aside those thoughts you stopped in the middle of the side walk that no one was frequenting except for yourself and pulled out your brush. At the rate you were going you'd be mistaken for some hobo looking for handouts. Brushing your long black hair, you worked out the knots and was able to calm down a little more.

 

Thinking back, you had been yelling. Yixing could be such an idiot some times. Why was he so slow to seeing how he was hurting you. Then again, why were you so slow in leaving him? It was always like this. "You never change." you had told him that and he didn't even try to deny it. You both knew, he would always be like this. Yet, your heart still raced when you saw him come around the corner to pick you up from home. He still made you feel all the excitement of a giddy little four year old who was getting to blow out the candles on her birthday cake and devour the delicious sweetness...except your sweetness was walking hand in hand with Yixing. No one made you feel the way he did. No one made you hurt the way he did either.

 

Sorry? As if that word would ever be spoken between the two of you. As bad as Yixing was, you weren't much better at least when it came to apologizing. The stubbornness that ruled you both was frightening. It was amazing, as a couple you two had made it this long but there was just this magnetizing pull that couldn't be broken. He was as drawn to you as you were to him. Once your hair was fixed, you wiped  your eyes to get rid of any remnants of those tears you hated so much and moved on. This would be the last time you walked in circles around your house. The last time you let your feelings linger on Zhang Yixing. It was over. You were strong this time.

 

Your jean clad legs led you back home and to your front door. Fumbling for your keys from your purse something felt odd in your pocket. Not thinking too much you ignored it and found your keys. Whipping them out you grinned like you had just found the prize at the bottom of a box of cracker jacks. Placing the key at the lock you pushed it in but stopped when you felt the vibration sensation that must have been what it was earlier as well. Hand automatically reaching into your back pocket you pulled out your phone. The action was so instaneous you couldn't have stopped even if you wanted to.

 

His name popped up on your screen, with a message box saying "Jagi..." He always calls you that specifically when he wants your attention. Why? because the first time he had ever called you that you had blushed so hard your face was like a strawberry. Something else he loved to call you. Finger hovering above the exit button you stared at the message knowing there was a second one as well. Brain was telling you not to do it but your finger wasn't listening pressing onto the open button.

 

"I need you...

Jagi.."

 

Those were the two messages. Notice how there was no apology? He was always so bad. So very bad but even still he was yours. As much as you hadn't wanted to do this you didn't want to end things more. He wouldn't change. You knew this, he knew this but that couldn't change your heart.

 

Closing the message, you pushed your key fully into the lock and turned it. Zhang Yixing could wait awhile for a reply. Let him sweat it out some more. After everything, he deserved at least a little punishment. Your eyes were smiling once more, walking through the door you let it close behind you. Shutting out those cold words you had said to each other as well.