Your Night

The Playlist Drabbles

Nilili Mambo - 50 - Jungkook

Word Count: 360

 

The only thing you want to think about right now is the loud music blaring throughout the house of whoever house this is. Who’s the host of this party? You honestly couldn’t say. A couple friends invited you to tag along and you decided screw it. It’s summer break, might as well. After a few drinks, you make your way to the middle of the living room aka the dance floor. You don’t even care if you’re not dancing with anyone in particular. You just want to dance. It only takes maybe half a song before a tall figure approaches you with a wide grin. “Mind if I dance with you?” he asks, but before he can get a response out of you, his hand is at your waist, pulling you close. It’s that popular singer you’re always hearing about around campus. Well, if he wants to dance with you, no qualms about that. Before you know it the both of you are dancing and laughing.

 

A few moments later, he leans down, lips against your ear. “Wanna head to the garage? I heard they’ve got some good games going,” he suggests. “Sure,” you say, more like shout, as you take him along by the hand back to the garage. “So, what brings you here?” he asks, leaning against the far wall, surrounded by yells and cheers. “Why not? Might as well enjoy what I can while I can,” He chuckles. “I like your thinking. By the way, my name is Jungkook.” You smile. You had remembered his name correctly. “Nice to meet you, Jungkook.”


“I bet I can win,” he challenges, that competitive streak of him coming out.  “Hmm, what do I get if I win?” you ask. “What about a date with me?” he suggests with a smirk. You playfully smack his arm although, you can’t deny the thought gives you butterflies. “How’s that supposed to be a prize for me?!” Jungkook laughs aloud. “Come onnnn!” You shake your head unable to control the small giggles and spend the rest of the night by Jungkook’s side unconcerned. Tonight is your night and nothing will take you from that.