Nine

Travellers Story

Kibum really look much older than his age. Maybe because of the current environment make him be like that. He is much younger from any of them and somehow Leeteuk still be the oldest among all. Since the day where they save him, or accurately Donghae in anyone opinion, Kibum and Donghae can't ever be separate. Meanwhile, same thing happen to Eunhyuk who is now slowly getting closer with Donghae since they are in the same age. 

 

On the other side, Donghae is really cute. Day by day, they can see the hidden charms from that boy. He get cuter and more open each time. He smile often and get along very well with each of them. Leeteuk and the others are relieve to see it.

 

"Hyung, let stop for a while." Hangeng suggested while putting his hand on Leeteuk's shoulder next to him. Leeteuk give him a understanding nodded. Since their group get bigger now, of course they can't thinking about themselves only. If one are tired, everyone need to stop.

 

Hangeng heading their way entering a small playground. He then gesturing the others to take a rest at the small shelter not far from the playground. Hangeng only take a seat after everyone.

 

"The weather is so hot today." Sungmin mumbled while leaning against the back of the seat.

 

Donghae opening the cap of the mineral water in his hand as he agreeing Sungmin words. "It's summer hyung."

 

"Donghae, is it still a long way to reach your hometown?" Eunhyuk asked while getting the opening bottle from Donghae after the latter drank it almost half.

 

Yesung giving his half bread to Kibum to finish it off since he is already full and besides he remembered Kibum said he is hungry while they were walking that morning. Kibum smile cutely as he thanking Yesung for the bread.

 

"It still far, maybe around a week. We can only send Donghae to the port where he can get a ship to his island." Hangeng pointed out to the map that he spread out the map on the table.

 

Leeteuk take a peek on it as he form a wrinkle in his forehead. "Which route will we take?" He asked. Hangeng knows more about the journey better than him since Hangeng is a true traveller. Plus, he already travel for a year already so well, his acknowledgement is more better.

 

"This route." Hangeng pointed.

 

"Uh? Why not this route?" Yesung questioned after he pointed the another route which he think will shorten their time.

 

Hangeng shaking his head a little. "Nope, if we take that way, we will have to go through small villages along the way since it is countryside. And also, we have to climb a mountain before we arrive there. So, we can't since climbing the mountain is so hard for us." Hangeng explained while looking at everyone.

 

Everyone just humming understandly. They just following it since yeah, they believe in Hangeng. After around thirty minutes of resting, Leeteuk decided to continue their walking. Under the hot sunshine, they keep walking ignoring the sweat on their body. Donghae and Eunhyuk teasing each other playfully and sometimes bothering the calm Kibum. Just how easy they get along together.

 

Without they realized it, they are already entering a small village where they can only see a large paddy field on each side of the road. Sometimes, they will meet a farmer and also a shepherd. Such a village environment. So calm and peaceful.

 

"We need to find a place for tonight." Sungmin voiced out.

 

"Sungmin is right. But, since it is a countryside, why don't we sleep inside the tent?" Yesung said his suggestion. 

 

Eunhyuk jumped happily. "It's great hyung!!" 

 

"But hyung..I don't have a tent." Kibum stated slowly.

 

"Me too." Donghae also said.

 

Sungmin approaches both of the younger and ruffling their hairs. "We can share, why bothered about it." He said.

 

"You can share with me! Leeteuk hyung just bought me a new one. It's big and nice. Will you share with me? Kibum too??" Eunhyuk asked with his excited eyes. He can't wait to use his own tent.

 

Donghae smile shyly as he said yes and Kibum just nodded his head calmly. This boy really didn't have much expression since the first time they know him. Always calm always smile. Other than that, is hopeless hope.

 

Everyone keep walking in silent as they enjoying the scenery around them. Suddenly, a loud growl grabs everyone attention. It's coming from a person, Eunhyuk. The said boy just give his sheepish smile while rubbing his hair. 

 

"Hungry?" Leeteuk teased. Eunhyuk blinking his puppy eyes to Leeteuk.

 

"You are so skinny but still you have such a big appetites among all of us." Sungmin chuckles.

 

Hangeng look around him before he say, "Let's grab something once we arrive at the next village." 

 

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk are running in front of the others while keep teasing on each other. Yesung on the other side is chatting about something with Sungmin and Leeteuk and the two faces are not so happy face instead it is a frown expression. Meanwhile, Kibum and Hangeng just walking silently ignoring all if them. 

 

Suddenly...

 

"Hangeng hyung, watch out!" Kibum shouted, stopping everyone including the clueless Hangeng. Hangeng turn around to Kibum but it is a wrong choice when a pile of clothes falls on top of his head before a second later a big backpack fall on the same spot

 

"Uh?" Hangeng sounded from under those clothes. They only can see his body, while his face is cover by the clothes.

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk who are already in front of them, quickly running back to the others. Sungmin and Leeteuk also approaching the taller to help him out from those clothes. Kibum just sigh before he looks above them. 

 

"Hey! Are you okay?" A girl with a red short hair shouting at them. 

 

Didn't wait for their replies, another yells can be heard from that place. All of them look at the place dumbfoundedly. What is going on?

 

"You, just get out from this house! I don't want to see your face anymore!!" A shouted from a girl. Can knows how mad she is according to the loud voice. 

 

"How dare you chase me out from this house! This is almighty Kim Heechul!!" Come another shouted. Luckily, there is no one else that on the street except for them. 

 

"Who care who are you! Just get out!! I hate you!!!" 

 

Ignoring all the arguments, Yesung motioning them to keep walking. "Let's leave this weird place." He stated as he pick the last clothes from Hangeng's head.

 

Everyone hummed along agreeing with Yesung suggestion. Just after one step, the door next to them being open, making they stop immediately to avoid a body that being push hardly. Hangeng fast movement are really helping the fallen body from touching the ground when Hangeng grab the waist and arm. Two pair of eyes being connected with each other. The winds blow softly and the red hair moving along with the wind, make everything looks so beautiful for Hangeng. They didn't realized how long are they in that position before the slammed on the door next to them wake them up.

 

"I am..I am sorry." Hangeng said as he back to his sense and releasing the person.

 

The red hair girl ignoring Hangeng while she correcting her shirt. "Chh, it's okay. Not your fault. It's that crazy woman fault for pushed me out." She said look so pissed off before she put her hands on her waist and looking at the pile of clothes on the ground.

 

Now that when they realized that the clothes are not anything like dress or more like for a girl. It just shirts, jackets, jeans, pants, short pants and..boxer?? 

 

"Err, miss.." Leeteuk cleared his throat to stop his weird imagination. 

 

The latter quickly turn his head around and facing Leeteuk. "You called me?" She asked. Leeteuk smile warmly as he nodding his head but then, the girl laughs with her whole heart. What so funny?

 

"Are you okay miss?" Hangeng asked like a gentleman he is. He thought, maybe that girl is just covering her madness or sadness after being chased out by her friends. Or so he thought..

 

The girl stop her laugh but still having a small chuckles as she covers with her palm. "You thought I am a girl?" 

 

"You are a girl." Donghae pointed out.

 

Sungmin and Eunhyuk exchanging their eyes as Kibum and Leeteuk frowns. Hangeng who is standing in front of the others widen his eyes in shock. What is the meaning behind that statement? Is this girl just losing her mind?

 

"I am a guy. I am Kim Heechul. The almighty and beautiful Kim Heechul." Heechul smirked as he lift up his shirt, showing his upper body. Okay, he is a boy! 

 

"You are a boy." Kibum mumbled.

 

"Yes, glad you realized that, kid." Heechul ruffles Kibum's hair before he pick up his backpack and start collecting his clothes. 

 

Donghae look at Eunhyuk. "But Eunhyuk-ah, isn't beautiful for a girl? He said he is beautiful but then he said he is a guy. I don't understand." 

 

"I don't understand too Donghae. Maybe, he is confuse with his gender after the arguments with the lady before?" Eunhyuk answered honestly. 

 

A smack can be heard. "Yah!! You kiddo!! What did you say about me???" Heechul said after he smacked Eunhyuk's head. 

 

Eunhyuk rubbing his head while hissing in pain. It so hurt and he think that his head maybe will stop functioning after this. Poor head!

 

"That person is scary hyung." Sungmin whispered as he hiding himself behind Yesung. 

 

Leeteuk steps in after he saw Heechul smacking Eunhyuk's head. Worried about the younger, he pulls Eunhyuk into his arms to protect him from this almighty beautiful weird and scary person. 

 

Heechul flipping his blonde hair before he smirking to Leeteuk who is looking at him like he want to eat him. Not like Heechul scare with that kind of glares. Instead, he turn his head around to face Hangeng, who is still standing without moving at all.

 

Heechul sighed. Don't know why, he feel like he had known the latter before. He feel so close with him. But, he just shrugged that thought aside. He pointing his finger towards Hangeng.

 

"You! Why you standing like a statue?" He said with annoyed tone. "By the way, thanks for catching my clothes earlier. They are not dirty, thanks to you." He said while he bend his body down to take the backpack.

 

"He is not catching but the clothes landed on his head. You should say sorry instead of thanks." Yesung stated.

 

"Shut up big head. I know what I said." Heechul puffed.

 

"Big..big head? What did you called me?" Yesung steps in front.

 

"What? Your head is bigger than the normal size. You weirdo, maybe you are an alien." He replied. Oh, what a great way to start your conversation with a stranger. 

 

"You are a weirdo. If you noticed, you looks more like a girl than a boy! Maybe you really have a confusing gender..." 

 

"That's enough Yesung." Hangeng stops them or accurately, stopping Yesung. He then stares at Heechul before he smile. "It's okay, I understand. I'm fine." He said.

 

Heechul face the taller end their eyes exchanging for the second times of the day. Yeah, Heechul is shocks with Hangeng reaction. How come... Don't know what, but there is something about Hangeng that pulling him closer to that latter.

 

Hangeng bowing his head a little before he say, "Let's keep moving guys. It's almost dark." He gestures to his friends.

 

Heechul only watching at them who are slowly leaving him. What is this feeling?

 

"Wait!" Heechul shouted. What am I doing? Leeteuk and the others stopping their tracks as they looking at Heechul. "Where..where are you going?" Heechul asked as he can't control his own mouth now.

 

"And why you want to know?" Yesung replied him.

 

"We are searching a place for a night." Leeteuk answered. 

 

Ignoring Yesung weird face, Heechul approaching them slowly. "Why?"

 

"We are a traveller, that's why." Sungmin replied.

 

"Ahhh, traveller. Then, where are you going?" 

 

"Anywhere." Hangeng stated.

 

"Can I join?" He questioned also without he realized it. "I..I mean, while searching for a new home and maybe a new job, let me walking with you. Who knows I can find a new place after this." He added.

 

"But..." 

 

"Aishh, just keep walking. I will follows from behind!" Heechul said as he pushing them to keep walking while he looking at the other side. Seriously, what am I doing? 

 

"What a weird guy." Yesung mumbles while Leeteuk and Hangeng just chuckles softly.

 

"Weird way to start a friendship." Kibum said.

 

"Who said I want to be friend with you guys!"

 

The sky slowly darken as they keep walking to a field not far from a small river. That is their place for tonight. Waiting for a new adventure when the sun arise tomorrow.