Race start!!

Travellers Story

My name is Park Jung Soo. Or you can call me Leeteuk, like what the others call me. Besides, I am more famous with that name though. You must be wondering what the kind of story that I will tell you guys today right? Actually, today is a very special day in my life. Today is the day where I found what is friendship mean. Let me tell you a story of a travelers.

 

 

A young man, 25 years old man to be more spectical is on his way all around the world. He just lost his family around months ago and with all the money he had, he decided to travel all around the world. It is also to keep him away from the sadness of losing his beloved family too. So today, on a sunny summer day he take a step out from the house with a travelling backpack on his back to start his journey.

 

He walks, runs, hide from heavy rain, under the bright sun, or even in the heavy snow, he keep walking alone. Every place he went, he always find something interesting. He didn't care about what waiting him ahead, he just want to travel all around the world. Meet new people, learn something new in life and mostly, make himself happy. 

 

He is not such a genius student who always get a high score in exam. Not a talented man who can do something that give a proud to his family. At least not yet. We never know what is tomorrow preparing for us. We don't know when will our life teach us something that is very precious to forget. 

 

It's been a week for Leeteuk since he starts his journey. And today, he reached a small town inside the country. The sun shines brightly under his head. The town is full of people who start their day. There is people who walking in a suit, kids in their uniform running along the street to their school, the staller open their stall and many others type of people. One of them is Leeteuk, with a bagpack on his back walking happily with a smile on his lips. 

 

'What should I eat this morning?' Leeteuk asking himself while his eyes keep wondering around to find a stop to take his breakfast for that day. 

 

"Hey, watch out!!" Suddenly Leeteuk felt that his arm is being pulled behind making him stop his steps. Leeteuk's eyes met a cute young man around his ages maybe when turns his head.

 

"Sorry for grabbing your arm but you almost got hit by a motorcycle earlier." The man said after releasing Leeteuk's arm.

 

"Oh? I don't noticed it earlier." Leeteuk said thinking back. Ahh maybe while my eyes were wondering around earlier, I don't noticed it.

 

"It's okay. Be careful okay because this street is quiet narrow and the vehicle just moving around like that you see." The teenager said again with his cute smile.

 

"Ahh I see. It's my first time here so maybe I'm just too excited. By the way, sorry for my rudeness. Thank you for saving me earlier." Leeteuk said and bow to the man in front him.

 

"I know you're new here. Oh, it's okay. Nothing much to thank for." Leeteuk see the man in front him who was full of smile on his lips. Leeteuk also give him a smile back.

 

"So, what are you doing here? I mean in this town?" 

 

"I am a traveler. I just arrived here last night. Are you live here?" 

 

"Wahh, a traveler? That is cool!! Yes, this is where I borned at. I am Sungmin." Sungmin said looking amazed while offering his hand. 

 

Leeteuk take the hand the being offered to him and shake it softly. "I am Leeteuk." 

 

With that short moment of coincidence, Leeteuk was brought to the near restaurant by Sungmin to take his breakfast.

 

"Are you really a traveler? You look young. How old are you anyway?" Sungmin ask while waiting for the breakfast to be prepared.

 

"Since a week ago, yes I am a traveler. I want to travel all around the world. I am 25 this year. You?" Leeteuk replied with full of confident in his eyes. 

 

"Oh you're my hyung then. How you do it? I mean, it's not easy right?" Sungmin ask again.

 

"Of course. But, when we are interested in something, nothing can stop us from doing it. Well, it is for me. I just want to know as much as I can in this beautiful world. Maybe I can learns something new?" Leeteuk chuckled a bit ended his words.

 

"I loved your statement hyung. If only I can join you." Sungmin don't know why but he feel some connection with this guy in front him. Sungmin always want to try something new in his life. 

 

Sungmin is borned in a wealthy family. But his parent is not in good relation. They always fought and sometimes leave him alone at home for weeks. He always thought to run away from home and try something new in his life. Not like they care about him if he went missing but the problems is, Sungmin don't know where to go. He never out from his town for once.

 

"I don't mind to have a partner though." Leeteuk said unnoticed by the bright eyes of Sungmin when he stated that words. Leeteuk is too deep in enjoying his meals.

 

"Really? You don't mind??" Sungmin ask eagerly staring at the person that enjoying his meals in front him.

 

Leeteuk put up his head and stop chewing his meals. He blinks his eyes twice at the excited Sungmin who already put a wide smile. Oh no..

 

"No no. I mean. Yeah, I'm really don't mind to have a partner but.. you?? What do you mean with that smile??" Leeteuk ask sipping his juice.

 

"I want to join you." Sungmin answered him directly. Leeteuk spits his juice from his mouth and looking suprisedly to Sungmin.

 

"What are you talking about? We just met each other 30 minutes ago and now you said that you want to join me???" 

 

"Yes. Can I?" 

 

"Sungmin-shi. Look, it's not a joke okay. This is travelling. It's not easy as you think. Besides, I can't guarantee for your safety."

 

"I don't care. I just want to get out from this town." 

 

This is crazy. Leeteuk never thought on his first week on his journey, he will have this experience. He is too young to protect someone. He never believed in himself either so how can he believed a new person that he met for 30 minutes?? 

 

"Still no. What about your parent? I don't want to be accusing for kidnapping later on." Leeteuk said sipping back his juice to calm himself down.

 

"They don't care. And I'm not a kid anymore hyung. I am more in an age where I can decides my own path right. So, can I?" Sungmin asked again hoping for a yes.

 

Leeteuk don't know what to do, what decision should he take. Can I trust him? Why must I met an insisting guy like him?

 

"Are you sure? Let's do this. I will leaving this town tomorrow, so why don't you take your time to think about this first?" Leeteuk suggested.

 

"You will not leave without me tonight right?" Sungmin ask back.

 

"No, don't worry. I always keep my promise. I just want you to think first. This is not something that you can take without thinking. This journey is long Sungmin-shi. At least, try to make some preparations okay?" Leeteuk said calmly. He just don't want the guy making a wrong decisions. He himself took at least a month to decide about this.

 

"Okay. I take your words. So, where will you waits for me?" Sungmin knows what he is doing right now. 

 

"Here, tomorrow at 10 in the morning." Sungmin nods understanding it before get up from his seat and bid goodbye to Leeteuk who looking dumbfoundedly at him. 

 

After Sungmin lost from his sight, Leeteuk looks outside the window of the restaurant. Am I doing the right thing? Well, this is crazy if he thinking back about Sungmin. How can he trust me so easy like that? 

 

 

 

Sungmin runs happily back to his home not far from the restaurant where he leave Leeteuk that morning. Sometimes he need to avoid another person who walk on the street. 

 

"I'm home!!" He shouts loudly once he open the big front door of his house. But nothing greet him back except silentness. Sungmin sigh before walking slowly to his room up on the stairs.

 

Sungmin sit at the edge of his bed. He looks around the room. Seriously, he feel lonely. He had a family, a parent but he still feel lonely. His parent who always fought everytime they met and never care about his existence between them. Sungmin always thought about the outside world. What it feel like walking on others place, get in new environment and meet a new friend. Yes, Sungmin want to feel all that. This is the time!

 

 

 

The next morning, Leeteuk walks again to the restaurant where Sungmin took him yesterday. For a whole night, he keep thinking about this. But he don't understand why deep in his heart, he want Sungmin to join him, to be his partner. To be his friend along the journey. 

 

The time now is 10.30 in the morning. It's been 30 minutes since he sit here waiting for Sungmin. Maybe he will not coming. Which stupid person want to join someone who he just met and travel together right? 

 

Leeteuk pick up his backpack beside him and stretch his body a bit. The road is calling for me. I'm still have a long journey. Leeteuk put his backpack on his shoulder while his hand holding on a bottle of drinking water and ready to start his walk before someone calling for his name behind him.

 

"Leeteuk-shi!! Wait for me!!" Sungmin is runnning towards him with his pink bagpack on his back. 

 

"Sungmin-shi?"

 

"You said you will wait for me."

 

"Well it's been 30 minutes, so I thought you will not come." Leeteuk replied looking at Sungmin who wears pink cap on his head, pink backpack on his back and light pink sweater that tied on his waist.

 

"I am a bit late to buy all the things that I need. Like this tent, this backpack, some protein snack and also I don't know which shoes and shirts should I brought along." Said Sungmin while correcting his travelling backpack.

 

"Sungmin-shi. Are you sure about this?" Leeteuk ask seriously.

 

"Yes, don't worry. I will take care of my own risk." Sungmin amswered him without any doubt.

 

"If that what you say. But, your parent?"

 

"Everything is fine. They will never stop me anyway." Sungmin is very excited. This is the first time he make his own decisions. He is old enough besides he knows he can trust Leeteuk.

 

"Okay then. So, to start this travel together, why don't we be friends? Hi, my name is Leeteuk." This time, Leeteuk let out his hand first to Sungmin.

 

"Hi. My name is Lee Sungmin. Just call me Sungmin or Minnie. I don't mind."

 

"Friend?"

 

"Friend!!"

 

With that, two of the young men start his new journey together. Walking side by side, the walk along the street ignoring the others people around them. Even they don't know to where their legs bring them, but the time is a treasure to be waste without nothing right.