Ten

Travellers Story

"Heechul-shi? Wanna join us for lunch?" Hangeng offered the latter as he walking closer to him.

 

Heechul turn his head to Hangeng. He is sitting on the tree near their site for the night. It is almost a week since Heechul joining them. Maybe not truly join because he just keep following Hangeng. The others found it quite weird but they just shrugged him off since Heechul is not a friendly person either. Better don't ever try to cross his path. 

 

"I'm not hungry." Heechul replied with a flat expression on his face before he turn his head away from Hangeng.

 

Hangeng try to climb the shady tree carefully and take a sit next to Heechul. Hangeng was raised up in a village and as a healthy boy, of course he knows well on how to climb a tree. "You are not eating anything since this morning. Why? Are you okay?" He asked concernly.

 

Even sometimes Hangeng was a bit annoyed with Heechul behaviour, but that didn't mean that he dislike the latter. He just amazed on how honest Heechul is. Heechul is such a complicated but yet a kind heart guy. He realized how he become hooked with Heechul as they spend their time together everyday.

 

"Just care about yourself." Hangeng smile with the answered he got. At least, he still being the usual Kim Heechul that they met a week ago.

 

"Let's eat a little. The other also waiting for you down there. Come on." Hangeng said with his soft voice.

 

"They are not waiting for me. They are waiting for you. Just go, stupid." 

 

Hangeng pokes Heechul arm playfully. Heechul glares at him but Hangeng just smile before he pointed to the ground under them. 

 

"Ermm, Heechul-shi? Leeteuk hyung asked me to call for you. Lunch is ready." Eunhyuk stated with Donghae next to him. "You too Hangeng hyung. We need to move after this." He added before he run away with Donghae to join the others.

 

Hangeng get up from the branch and balancing his body to prevent him from fall as he he put his hands on his waist while looking at Heechul. "You heard it, now let's go. We still have a long journey." 

 

"Not we, but you. I will just stop here and search for any house to rent." 

 

Hangeng chuckles and it make Heechul watch him confusely. What so funny?

 

"Maybe we just met but I can be very sure that is a lie. You don't want to stay here, don't you? Kim Heechul-shi.." Hangeng called before he face turn serious. "Want to join us travel around the world?" 

 

Heechul sigh. Who is this person? Why he know me so well?? Heechul keep thinking about the questions in his mind. Actually, since three days ago he already thought about this matter. He just don't felt it right to keep following them since he is not a person who can be a friend with a stranger easily. People will get hurt once he knows him. But at the same time, he like it whenever he is with them or mostly when he is with Hangeng. Hangeng have that one feeling where Heechul feel like a new person once again. Hangeng had that speciality inside him that pulling Heechul closer to him. 

 

"Heechul-shi? You take a long time. Comes down first, we talk about it later." Without Heechul realized it, he had takes more than a minutes in spacing out. Hangeng already waiting for him at the ground under the shady tree. Heechul carefully get up from his spot and jump next to Hangeng before two of them sitting around the bonfire where the others are.

 

 

Sungmin distributing the grilled fish to all of them including Heechul who take with a light smile. They eat their lunch happily as they talking about all the thing that crossing their mind while Eunhyuk and Donghae has been teasing each other all the time. Heechul on the other side that sitting next to Hangeng just keep silent. 

 

Hangeng glances at the person next to him. He clears his throat before he say, "Guys, what do you think if Heechul join us?" He said and that statement make Heechul almost spurting his drink while Yesung almost fall from his sit on the wood.

 

"Yah!" Heechul smack on Hangeng's back.

 

Leeteuk can see the little blush on Heechul's cheeks. "I don't mind about it. Instead, I welcoming you to join us if only you want to." He replied.

 

"What? Why you want to travel? Didn't you said that you just following us for a while before you found your new place?" Yesung questioned.

 

"It's a long question." Kibum muttered.

 

"Well, since he still didn't found the suitable place yet, so why can't he join us for a while? Isn't it fun?" Hangeng answered instead of the said boy.

 

Everyone keep silence before suddenly Leeteuk laughing thus he be the attention of everyone. 

 

"What so funny, hyung?" Eunhyuk asked.

 

Leeteuk finishing his laughters before he reply to Eunhyuk question. "No, I just suddenly remembered about something." 

 

"What is it?" Sungmin asked.

 

Leeteuk take a deep breath before he smile sweetly. "Did you remembered how we start the journey together?" He paused as he looking at everyone eyes. "All of you have your own reason why you joining me in this journey. And now when I think about it back, is this a destiny? For me for all of you? We have a different kind of goal to start this journey but still we are together in one direction." He stated.

 

They looking at each other in silent. 

 

"But still, I don't get the part why were you laughing earlier." Yesung said before he continue on his meals. When Leeteuk touch about the topic, he suddenly remembered about his poor Ddangkoma. Till this day, he can't find any hints of the turtle whereabouts. He is really worried but at the same time he realized how thin the chance for him to found it again. He sigh silently.

 

"So, am I allowed to..." Heechul words got cut by Leeteuk.

 

"Of course. Come and join us." 

 

"What is this random talk." Kibum stated while rolling his eyes. Sungmin who sit next to Kibum just patting his shoulder understandly and two of them continuing their lunch in silent.

 

 

Time flies so fast. A second change to a minute and a minute change to an hour. And now, they have reaching another town on their way. This is not like the other towns that they had went to. This is a town where most of the people who live here are a wealthy people. 

 

They look at the things around them. Tall buildings, vehicles are everywhere, and people who wears such a nice material clothes. They keep walking while avoiding the crowded road carefully. Don't want to bump with any of them and cause a chaos on their first time here.

 

"This town is so big." Eunhyuk stated in amazed.

 

"Big? Yeah, I think so too. Look at this many people, so crowded." Sungmin agreed.

 

"Leeteuk hyung." Hangeng called out. When Leeteuk face him, he continue on his words. "We should find a place for tonight. We can't passing this town in just a day." He said.

 

Leeteuk nodding his head as a sign that he agreed with Hangeng suggestion. Besides, they really need a place today since it's been three day they have overnight outside. But the question is, where?

 

"Can we just take a rest for a while? I'm hungry." Eunhyuk suggested while rubbing his stomach. 

 

In the end, they take a rest along with a meals to fill their empty stomach. While filling their appetites, Hangeng and Leeteuk take it as a chance for them to ask any people around them for a place to stay overnight. Luckily, one person attracted towards them.

 

"Hey, I heard that you want to find a place for overnight?" The guy with a sweet smile asking them. 

 

Leeteuk and Hangeng also smiling back at him while the others just looking from their seat. The guy pulls a chair from another table and put it at the corner of their table next to Leeteuk. 

 

"Do you know any place?" Leeteuk asked as he put down his meals.

 

"Of course. That place is not far from here and if you don't mind, I can bring you there." The guy replied him while glancing at the others. Maybey he just noticed how many pairs of eyes that watching him in silent.

 

Looking at the guy that always smiling, Sungmin knows the guy must be coming from a noble family due to the material of his clothes. But, before he get to open his mouth, Heechul beat him.

 

"Who are you?" Heechul questioned while looking at the stranger in front of him like a prey.

 

"Oh, I am Siwon." Siwon answered as he bowing mannerly. Now that they realized, Siown have such a deep dimples on both of his cheeks. Maybe that the reason why he always smiling.

 

Leeteuk also bowing his head as a replied for Siwon. "Ah, Siwon-shi. I am Leeteuk and they are all my friends." Leeteuk stated pointing to everyone. Siwon smile again.

 

"You surely loves smiling." Kibum commented, not so interested in the conversation.

 

"Anyway, about the place that you said earlier.." Hangeng said pulling them back to the first topic.

 

Like just wake up from a dream, Siwon chuckles softly. "Yes, if you don't mind, I can bring you there. It's not so far from here." Siwon stated.

 

After finishing the meals, they quickly start walking again to follow Siwon. Siwon as the head of the walks while Leeteuk and Hangeng next him follow by the others behind.

 

"Where did all of you coming from?" Siwon questions, trying to start a conversation.

 

Like usual, Leeteuk will explain about their situation to a stranger. 

 

"Ahh, a traveller. So nice! Full of adventure." Siwon voiced out. "So, where are you going?" He asked again, getting interested.

 

"Anywhere." Yesung interfered from behind.

 

Siwon nodded his head a little. "What you get by being a traveller?" 

 

"Uh?" 

 

"Friends!!" Eunhyuk shouted.

 

"Happiness." Sungmin also replied him.

 

"Freedom!" Donghae yelled.

 

Leeteuk smiles. "We get to learn a lot of things, meet different kinds of people.." as he said it, he glance at the others from the corner of his eyes. "Search for our dreams and also get to know more about ourselves." He answered honestly. 

 

Siwon stunning with the answer he got from Leeteuk before a voice of an old man snaps him up back to reality.

 

"Siwon??" The old man called out, from a miles in front of him.

 

Siwon slowly approaching the old man as he hug him softly before he turn his body to everyone. "You will be living here for tonight." Siwon showed them the small building behind him. "And this person is the owner of the house." 

 

Hearing it, Leeteuk quickly make a way to the old man. "Sir, I've heard from Siwon that you have a place for rent. If you don't mind, we want to rent in maybe for a day or two." Leeteuk spoke out his intention.

 

"Oh, really? Of course you can. Come, come inside. Let me show you the house before we proceed with the other things."