Two

Travellers Story

"Hyung. I'm tired. Can we take a rest for a while?" Sungmin ask from behind him while catching his breath. They have walk for around 3 hours non-stop.

 

Leeteuk turn his head to behind him. Sungmin look exhausted with his bottle only left a little water. They are in the small town that not have too many people as what Leeteuk noticed. 

 

"Let rest at the field there." Leeteuk said before taking Sungmin hand to follow him. 

 

They sit under a shady free in the middle of the green field not far from the street. Sungmin throw his heavy backpack on his side before he sit leaning against the tree. A gently wind make everything peaceful with grass and leaves that moving along the wind. Leeteuk look around the field only to be meet group of kids playing not far from them.

 

"Hyung, come sits here with me." Sungmin called Leeteuk who still standing.

 

"Here, drink mine." Leeteuk offered Sungmin his bottle water after he take a sit next to Sungmin.

 

"Thanks hyung!" Sungmin gladly take the bottle and drink it half. He is really tired and exhausted. This is for the first time in his life, walking this far by his own. Aside from that, he is trully happy. It's been two days since he join Leeteuk, and in that two days he had already experience new things like sleeping in tent at night under thousand of stars and moonlight. It's beautiful.

 

"It's going dark in 3 hours. We need to find a place to sleep on." Leeteuk said wiping his sweat on his forehead by his hand.

 

"Take this handkerchief." Sungmin put out his handkerchief and helped Leeteuk wipes his sweat. 

 

Leeteuk have a friend but all his friends never did this to him before. Not one of his friends care about him like this. And this person that I only called friend for a short moment is very kind to me and I feel like we're already known each other for a long time. Leeteuk give Sungmin a warm smile.

 

"Oh, I've breads that I bought a while ago. Want some?" Leeteuk ask while open his bag to search for the bread.

 

" If you insist." Leeteuk chuckled hearing the replied from Sungmin. He take out two bread and give one to Sungmin. The latters thanks him and starts to eat when something catch their eyes.

 

 

A shorter teenager in his 19, is wondering around the street to find something for his growl stomach since the morning. He had lost his money last night and now he didn't have even a cent in his pocket. 

 

He tried to ask for a kind from any people but nobody care about a dirty and messy person like him. He really want to cry now. He just a street kid who live scatteres in the small village and sometimes just sleep under the bridge or at the roadside. A person like him don't have a home and nobody to remember for. They live alone, struggles to keep breathing for tomorrow.

 

He walks slowly enduring his hungry while keep thinking where will he get something to eat for the day. Yes, even eat just once a day it is enough for him. With his shabby clothes and a pair of dirty sneakers that he found in the drain, he force his legs to take a step at the field not far from his seat. Maybe in some dustbin, he will find any leftover. 

 

On his way, he peek on anything that he met. A plastic, a tin of water or also a snack that thrown away on the road. He didn't care about embrassment or anything, he just need to survive for today. They never know how a person like him live on every single day in their life since they were put on the world. 

 

"Hey, you there." He heard a voice not far from him but he just ignored it to keep searching in the dustbin.

 

"Hey, you!!" He heard it again and turns his head around. Are there is a person calling for me? You know the feeling right when you feel someone calling for you even without your name in that called. Well, you just know it.

 

"Yes you there. Here!" Leeteuk called again for the third time while Sungmin who next to him just keep watching what is Leeteuk doing. Leeteuk motions with his hand to the person to come close with them under the shady tree.

 

"Are you call for me sir?" The person ask looking hesitated.

 

"Yes. Here, take this bread and water." Leeteuk handed him his own bread that untouched and a water that he just filled a while ago. "Just take it."

 

"You..you give this to me??" The person ask again looking at the bread and water in his hands. Leeteuk and Sungmin just smile at the person in front them.

 

"Thank..thank you sir. Thanks a lot!!" Suddenly the person cried while uttering that words make Sungmin and Leeteuk shock. 

 

For him, it is a long time since he get to eat something that another person gives. Usually people just ushered him away when he nearing them. As you can see, he is dirty and messy. He feel really touch in his heart with the kindness that shown from a young guy in front him. He open the plastic of the bread carefully, worried to dirty it and slowly put it inside his mouth. One bite, oh it is so soft. Two bite, this is so good. It's different from the rubbish that I ate before. Well, of course it is different because it's called rubbish.

 

"Hey, slow down. You will get choke if you eat like that." Sungmin said patting his back. It's make the person stop eating in so sudden and look at Sungmin with wide eyes. Sungmin got scared by that looked and slowly moved near Leeteuk to find protect.

 

He touched me? This pinky guy touch me?? He touch a dirty me?? Is this real?? 

 

"You've touched me." 

 

"Err yes. I'm sorry??" Sungmin said softly.

 

"Hey, why are you crying?" Leeteuk ask when he saw tears in the person eyes.

 

"Nobody touch me before. Nobody care about me before. I just feel touch in here." He said while pointing to his chest. 

 

Leeteuk and Sungmin just keep watching how the person enjoying his little bread like it was his treasure. He keep eating slowly and chewing it while his hand wiping his tears that fall on his cheek. This person in really different with them because like they're known already that they were born in a wealthy family. They never understand a people like this living on each day. While they can choose whatever they like and pushed them aside once they already finished but this kind of person just eat everything without being picked at all. We should be grateful for who we're today.

 

"Hey, where do you live?" Leeteuk ask to start a conversation.

 

"Uh? No where. I walks everyday to find some leftover. So, I don't have a permanent place." 

 

"Oh..do you have any relatives?" Sungmin take a chance to ask.

 

"If I have then I don't think that I will be like this today, right? My parents had died and my relatives never want me. Hmm, that's my life."

 

"Sorry to hear it."

 

"Oh it's okay. I don't mind at all." He said with a gummy smile. Seeing that smile, Leeteuk and Sungmin feel happy and relieved. Don't know why but that smile had some kind of power to enlighten someone.

 

"Want some more?" Leeteuk ask offering him another bread. 

 

"Really? Can I take that?" 

 

"Sure!" Leeteuk give the bread to his hand. He take the bread and smile thankfully at Leeteuk. With that, the person just run away from Leeteuk and Sungmin without muttering any words at all.

 

"So I guess he must be too happy then." Sungmin said when the guy had lost from their sight.

 

"Let's move now Min. We have to find place to sit up the tent." Leeteuk said before ruffles softly Sungmin's hair. They pick up their things and backpack before start walking again.

 

"Hyung, from this map. If we move along straight to this way, we will meet a river." Sungmin said focusing on the map in his hand.

 

"Really? Then we just sleep there tonight. Let's go!" 

 

 

They are walking on a narrow road that only have trees all along the sides. But near them, they can see and hear a river that flows freely. They are walking only to find a suitable place for tonight. It must be near the river and in commodious to sit up the tent.

 

"Hyung." Sungmin whispers slowly to Leeteuk's ear.

 

"What is it Min?" Leeteuk asking back still focus on his walks.

 

"I think we're being followed." Sungmin said back still whispering close to Leeteuk. 

 

"What? How??" Leeteuk ask stopping his tracks making Sungmin bump to his shoulder. Leeteuk wondering around him searching for others people except them.

 

"I saw something from behind the tree and the bushes there." Sungmin said pointing the said place with only his eyes. Leeteuk take a look at that said tree before he noticed a sneaker that come out from behind the tree. 

 

"Come out now. We already saw you." Leeteuk said calmly. Minutes later, the person that hiding behind the tree come out with lowering head.

 

"You!! You are the person earlier. Why are you following us?" Sungmin ask walk closely to the person.

 

"I..I just want to say thank you. I'm sorry for leaving rudely earlier." 

 

"You don't have to follow us you know. Now we've been to far from your village." Leeteuk said softly.

 

"I know. I..I just want to pay your kindness for the breads." He said shakingly still not dares to up his head. 

 

"What your name?" Leeteuk ask again.

 

"Eun..Eunhyuk sir." 

 

"Okay Eunhyuk. You can go back to your village and you don't need to pay us. We were sincere." Leeteuk said again get a nod from Sungmin. But Eunhyuk just keep shaking his head repeatedly. 

 

"I will not leaving till I pay your kindness to me. Maybe you don't know this, but what you did to me earlier really something that touch my heart. It's so hard to find someone like two of you. You have save me." Eunhyuk said honestly.

 

"But.."

 

"Besides, there is nothing else in the village for me. I don't want to feel regret later." 

 

"Eunhyuk-shi. You must know that we're not from here. We just passing by this town. We will walk day by day and for that, you can't following us." Sungmin said trying to explain about their condition.

 

"So Eunhyuk-shi. Want to join us? I know you must had heard our conversations right since you've been following us all along." Leeteuk words make Sungmin flutters looking at him. 

 

Leeteuk knows what the eyes hoping for. Eunhyuk want to find his own life far from the village. He need to start his new life once again. And Leeteuk don't mind to help him either. He is a traveller, he walks and passed by all the others people. He meet all kind of person and why not if sometimes he stop and help someone. 

 

"Hyung, are you sure?" Sungmin ask.

 

"It's fun if we have friends with us along our journey right Min?" Leeteuk smile looking at Sungmin. It's need more than a second for Sungmin to absorb and understand that word before he smile back at the older.