Eight

Travellers Story

"Donghae? How long anymore till we will be arrive there?" Sungmin asked after almost an hour for walking along the lonely street. It's like there is no one living here except for abandoned house and buildings around them. Are they in their right way?

 

Leeteuk stares at the said boy. Donghae just keep walking without answering Sungmin question earlier. He just keep looking in front, leading the others of the way. Leeteuk quickly grabs on Donghae's shoulder, stopping the boy immediately also the others behind them.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" Leeteuk asked even Donghae didn't turn his body around to look at him.

 

Donghae lift up his head and facing the worry Leeteuk behind him. "I am fine, just.."

 

"Don't worry, I will protecting you this time. Don't need to be afraid, okay?" Eunhyuk give Donghae his famous gummy smile but there is a lot of of confident and stern in his voice. Donghae knows at the right moment that Eunhyuk is not joking when he said that. 

 

Donghae nodded his head as he seizing his hand. 

 

They continue their walking for a bit more until Donghae shushed them. Then, they know that they have arrived. Same like what had Donghae told them that morning, there is really a small room that located behind an old building that is not used anymore. The room is hidden strategically and they really can guess it at first.

 

"I will go in there, can you all wait for me here?" Donghae whispered after he peeking at the room.

 

"But, what if.." Eunhyuk protested, not agree with it. 

 

"It's fine, they are not home in time like this. I will go and pick up my things really quick, I promise you!" Donghae cuts confidently.

 

Sungmin grabs Eunhyuk from stopping Donghae. "If you said so, just go and quickly come out. We will be waiting for you here." Sungmin said even he got a glare from Eunhyuk in his arms.

 

"Shouts for us if there is anything, understand?" Yesung noted.

 

"Aip aip captain!" Donghae replied playfully.

 

Yesung look a bit shock with the reply he got from the younger but later on he smile along while ruffling Donghae's hair, make it messy. 

 

"Go." Leeteuk stated.

 

After Donghae had gone and disappeared inside, Leeteuk motioning the others to take a sit behind bushes not far from the place. They sit there, waiting patiently for the younger to come out. Unfortunately, their planned is not moving smoothly. Just after a minutes, they saw two guys approaching the room with an unconcious kid on of the guy's shoulder. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk recognized the two guys since they had saw them the night before. 

 

"They're back." Hangeng whispered.

 

"What should we do hyung? Donghae is still in there." Eunhyuk asked worriedly

 

Before any of them could opens up their mouth, a loud shout can be heard from inside the room. Spontaneously, they get out from behind the bushes and running towards the room. They can sense the danger that welcoming them once Hangeng kicks open the locked door. 

 

The opening door revealing the scene inside. One of the guy who is wearing a cap on his head is pinning Donghae on to the wall and choking the boy's throat. While another one guy is holding on the unconcious boy earlier. The boy just widen his eyes in scared when he saw what happen in front of him. 

 

Hangeng didn't wait any longer before he dash to Donghae and hit the guy hard on his face. The guy stumbles to the wall and falls on the floor. Eunhyuk and Sungmin rush up to help Donghae before he picks up Donghae's bag that is on the floor not far from them. Witnessing how his friend got beaten up by Hangeng, another one guy leaving the boy in his hand before he run to Hangeng. Yesung who saw it quickly enough to jump before he spinned around and kick the guy with his leg. 

 

The guy with cap rise up from the floor and wiping away the blood on his lips. He smirked before his hand moving to his back pant. Hangeng and Yesung eyes went wide in horror when they noticed the thing that being pulled out by the guy. More worse when another guy also doing the same with a sharp blade on his hand.

 

"All of you, run now! Wait outside!!" Hangeng shouted to the others.

 

"What about you?" Leeteuk asked.

 

"I will be here with Hangeng, all of you, out!!" Yesung stated, blowing away his hair that falls on his eyes.

 

Leeteuk want to say something else but he can't let out any voice when he saw the glares from Hangeng. It's scary! Leeteuk quickly ushered Eunhyuk, Donghae and Sungmin out from the room. But, before Leeteuk could grab Donghae who release his hand from Eunhyuk grip, Donghae already passing by him.

 

"Donghae, what are you doing? Get back here!" Leeteuk yelled.

 

Donghae running back into the house and luckily for him because Hangeng and Yesung are in the middle of fighting with the guys far from him. Hangeng and Yesung realized the sudden appearance of Donghae in the room, so they trying to distract the guys from Donghae.

 

Yesung kick the guy on his stomach while Hangeng on the other side easily dodging his body from the blade that attacking him. 

 

Donghae make his way to the trembling boy who just curling himself at the corner of the room. He panting heavily when he sit on his knee in front of the boy. 

 

"Hey you, come!" Donghae said as he offering his hand to the boy. 

 

Scarely, the boy lifting up his head to see the owner of the offering hand. A bit hesitated about the offered but still, he takes the hand who pull him up on his feets. Donghae hold the boy's cold hand tightly as he leading them to the outside. 

 

After Donghae out from the room, Hangeng and Yesung are being trap at the corner while the two guys are smiling evilly with a sharp blade on their hand. Yesung and Hangeng exchanging their eyes before they chuckles together ignoring the weird expression from the guys. 

 

"For a man like you two, who just taking the advantage over a kid.." Hangeng voiced out as he flipping his bang calmly.

 

"Really need to get a special learning. Do you mind if we teach you about a simple word call, kindness." Yesung continued Hangeng words as he wiping the dust on his shoulder.

 

"Pfft, what are.." The guy didn't get to finish up his words when Hangeng's feet is touching his face fully.

 

"Auch, wrong answer." Hangeng said after he lowering back his leg while looking at the fainted guy who is laying on the floor with a blood flowing from his nose and head. 

 

At the same time while Hangeng kick the guy, Yesung also doing his job calmly. His firmed hand is moving with a full speed upwards before it stop punching the guy from under his chin. The guy falls backward but it didn't stop there when he try to kick Yesung's legs but of course it failed when Yesung jump and landed on his knees on the guy's stomach. 

 

As a result, the two guys are already fainted and got a lot of bruised all on their body. Yesung and Hangeng high-fiving with each other satisfiedly. 

 

"I don't know that you are so good in fight." Hangeng voiced out while walking side by side with Yesung behind the others. They are on their way back to their motel after the bloody fights. Leeteuk keep nagging on them when they get out from the room but they just smile sheepishly to the older. Even Leeteuk is angry but Yesung and Hangeng knows the older just concern about them and it very touching their heart.

 

"I just know a little. What about you? I saw the techniques that you used, and I know it's not something usual." Yesung questioned.

 

Hangeng smiles. "I learned martial arts since I was a kid." He answered proudly.

 

And with that, the two fighters continue their talking among them about the skills and another stuffs about a fight. Meanwhile, just a mile in front of them where the others are walking, Donghae still holding on the boy's hand. Eunhyuk keep looking at them.

 

"Are you okay?" Sungmin asked the boy suddenly. Eunhyuk slowly approaching them and walking next to Donghae.

 

The boy blinking his eyes to Sungmin before he nodded slowly. "My head, hurt." 

 

Hearing it, Leeteuk quickly checking the boy's head and he found a little swollen on the back head. He sighed softly as he rubbing the boy's head gently. "It's swollen. But don't worry, I will treat it later once we back to motel." 

 

"What is your name and where did you come from?" Eunhyuk questioned.

 

The boy looks deeply into Eunhyuk's eyes before he opens up his mouth. "Kim Kibum, but.. I also don't know where I am from." He answered but still with his hand in Donghae's grip. Kibum don't bother by it since he found it can calm himself. He feel protected.

 

"Uh?" 

 

"I don't remembered anything." Kibum answered flatly. They gasp.

 

"You mean?" Leeteuk asked.

 

Kibum playing with the edge of his clothes as he say, "I can't remembered anything about myself. I don't know where I am from. One day, I woke up and realize that I was in a hospital. The doctor said that someone brought me there when he found out that I was unconcious on the road. I run away from the hospital and days later, I met with that guys. They offered me a job but later on, I realized that they are bad guys. I want to run away from them but end up getting caught and here I am today." Kibum told them honestly.

 

"That is sad. So, what do you want to do now?" Yesung asked from behind after he heard the story from Kibum.

 

"And where are you going after this?" Leeteuk asked softly.

 

Still with a lower head, Kibum reply, "I want to know who I am. I am going to find the real me." He stated but then he lift up his head and look directly to Donghae who is around the same height with him. "Where are you going?"

 

"Me?" Donghae blink his eyes dumbfoundedly. Actually, he don't know how to answer that question. He don't whether it is right or wrong to say that he will join the ithers till he arrive to his hometown. Feel so selfish to say it in front of your savior. 

 

Understand Donghae feeling, Leeteuk steps in. "Donghae will join us until we arrive at his hometown. We will send him there." He stated as he put his hand on Donghae's shoulder from behind.

 

"Can I go with you?" Kibum questioned hopefully. "I have the money." Kibum showed them the money that he have after he noticed the shock expression on their face.

 

Kibum fished out a lot of folded paper money from his pant's pocket for them. Their eyes went wide with the money they saw. 

 

"How you got that? It is a lot!" Eunhyuk amazed.

 

"I'm not stupid to leave without anything. Besides, this is what I earned from ths job that I've did." 

 

"From those guys??" Leeteuk asked.

 

Kibum nodded his head smartly.

 

Officially, starting from that point, Kibum also joining them on their journey. Leeteuk smiling when thinking about it. From Sungmin to Eunhyuk then Yesung and Hangeng and now he got another companies, Donghae and Kibum. Leeteuk face up to the sky with his fingers entwines together behind his neck. 

 

'I wonder what else are waiting ahead of this journey.' He thought in his mind. 

 

"Hyung, hurried up! I am hungry!!" Sungmin called from the front.