Fifteen

Travellers Story

Since the weather still not good, they can't move on from the town yet. Leeteuk and Hangeng decided to stay for another day before they move. It's morning, and everyone woke up like usual. They take bath turn by turn and sometimes some of them just sharing and get in the bathroom together to short the time. 

 

"Are you sure you don't want to join us?" Leeteuk questioned the guy for the second time.

 

Kangin didn't give any reaction as he continuing drying his wet hair. He just comes out from the bathroom after taking a hot shower once the others done theirs.

 

"We take it as yes then." Leeteuk said after a minute of silent. He pick up his jacket before he turn to his friends, "Let's go guys." 

 

The door is close with a soft click when all of them went out, leaving Kangin alone in the silent and quiet room. He toast the towel aside before he slowly standing, looking at the outside from the small window. The rain still pouring and making a small puddles on the street. Even it's not as heavy like yesterday, but still the dark cloud on the sky showed that it will not gonna stop for just after an hour. 

 

With his bare chest and a towel on his neck, he searching for something inside the pockets of his jacket. Kangin fish out a piece of crumbled paper from inside the pocket. He unfolded it and stares at the hand-written on the paper. 

 

Meanwhile, Leeteuk and the others are just entering a small restaurant that they found after almost thirty hours of wandering around the town. The town is so quiet and weird. It's like, there is no one around. Once they are inside, an old man coming out from under the counter.

 

"Can I help you?" The old man asked them with his rough and deep voice

 

"We are hungry." Heechul stated as he watching at the old man from up to down.

 

"Ahh, then come in. Order here please." The man said, while smiling slightly.

 

They are in the middle of eating their meals when the old man approaching them. At first, they just let the old man while something smiling to him, but now the old man get closer and closer. Since there is no other customers except them, it is a bit uncomfortable with the silentness and all.

 

"Say kids, you are not from here are you? What are you doing in this town?" The old man asked as he settle down at the table next to them.

 

"Yes, we're not. We just staying for a while." Since Hangeng is the closest one with the old man, he answered it for them.

 

"Ahh.. you better leave as fast as you can kids. It's not good if you stay here any longer." The old man said as he lightning up his cigaratte. 

 

"Why is that?" Sungmin asked.

 

The old man take down his cigarette between his fingers while letting out the smoke from inside his mouth. "Do you know where are you now?" He asked without looking at them.

 

They exchange their glances with each other. Noticing it, the old man speaks again. "I see." He paused for a second as he take in the taste of the cigarette. "Don't you felt weird with the condition of this town?"

 

"Hmm..scary?" Eunhyuk pointed out, get a nod from Donghae, next to him.

 

"Gloomy and silent too." Siwon added.

 

The old man seem like nodding his head a little. "Many people had left this town since a year ago. Actually, I'm kind of shocked on how a group of young men like all of you can come and stay in this town." He chuckles slightly as it is something funny.

 

"What happened to this town?" Yesung asked while chewing his meals.

 

"Curse." Just one word coming out from the mouth along with the smoke.

 

"Curse??!" They asked in unison except for one who didn't too excited from the start, Heechul. The red hair boy keep continuing his meals but his ears still hearing all their conversation.

 

 

Kangin had been walking around the town from a street to another street. His eyes wandering around, searching for something or maybe someone. He stop at an alley before leaning against the wall of the building next to him. Kangin takes out his hand from his jeans pocket and slowly opening his palm, letting the raindrop falls on his palm. He smile..

 

There is a lot of puddles on the street. The dark cloud slowly stop pouring it tears and the light from the sun get through between the cloud, kissing the ground. Kangin looks up in the sky when the sunlight reach his face. But the calmness didn't get long when a loud footsteps disturbing him.

 

Kangin saw how a young man in all-black outfit is running not far from him before entering a small street between two high building. At first, he just shrugged it off, thinking it just a stranger with his own business. But, just as he want to leave, there he saw it. Someone that he knew, and someone that he searching for. Without waiting any longer, he rush out to the direction of the street.

 

 

"Hangeng hyung, is it true that this town is in curse? Do you believe it?" Siwon asked the older next to him. After around almost two hours with the old man while they were having their meals, now, they are walking back to their rented room.

 

Hangeng looks at Siwon for a moment before he reply, "How to say it? Hmm, maybe the old man told us the true but still..just forget it okay? Besides, we will be leaving tomorrow. It's fine." He assured Siwon as he putting his arm on the slightly shorter than him.

 

"Don't tell me that you scare of it?!" Heechul questioned as he smirking a little.

 

"Well, I'm not too scare but Eunhyuk and Donghae are." Siwon honestly answered.

 

"We are not!!" Eunhyuk yelled to the younger.

 

Leeteuk and Sungmin chuckles softly when the duo being tease by the others. Yeah, honestly it's quite bothering all of them when they heard that they have entering a curse town. It answered all their question about the environment of the town, but still, of course the feeling of worried still there. 

 

While Leeteuk still in deep thought, a hand pulling him from behind snapped him off. He turns to the owner of the hand. "Why Kibum-ah." He asked.

 

"You almost bumped to the pole." Kibum answered, pointing at a pole just an inch away from Leeteuk's nose. 

 

Leeteuk blushed lightly, embrassed with the moment. It must more embrassing if he knocked onto the pole earlier. "Ah, thanks Kibum-ah." He smiles.

 

"What are you thinking hyung?" Kibum asked when they start walking again, catching with the others who already walking pass by them.

 

"It's nothing." Leeteuk shook his head.

 

"About the curse, am I right?" Kibum questioned with his eyes straight in front.

 

Just about Leeteuk want to answer Kibum questioned earlier, a shout from Yesung interupts him. Spontaneous, both of them turning their face towards the latter.

 

"That friend!" Yesung shouted as he pointing in front of him where the others also looking.

 

"Isn't his name is Kang..In? Am I right?" Hangeng asked.

 

"What is going on there?" Heechul questioned after he peeking from behind Hangeng.

 

 

Kangin pulled the back collar of the man, making him stop from his activities. 

 

"Hoi!!!" Kangin yelled.

 

The man turned around due to the strong pull. "Kang..In?" He asked with a bit trembles.

 

"You're right man." Kangin smirked when his two hands grabs on the man collar, forcing him to stand on the same level.

 

"Isn't you are dead? What..what are you doing here?" The man questioned, didn't even try to release himself. Maybe still in full shock with the appearance of Kangin.

 

Kangin want to reply the questioned before he realize another person is sitting on the street while leaning against the wall just behind his enemy. Kangin toast his enemy aside to get a better view on the sitting man. "Hey you!" He called and when the guy in all-black look at him, he proceed his word, "Go away." 

 

"No!! He can't!!" Kangin enemy shouted.

 

"Why?!" Kangin yelled back at him.

 

"He is my job. An order." The man answered as he glancing at the now curling guy. "Donghee.." He whispered to the curling guy. 

 

Donghee curling himself even more behind his knees. He knows he must run from there, but, he just can't. He is tired of running and slowly, he start accepting the fact that this is maybe his life. 

 

"Just kill me!! Kill me!! I don't want to live anymore!! Kill me!!!" Donghee shouted suddenly with his loud voice. Kangin and the man in his hold jerks off by the sudden shouted as they stumbled a few steps backwards.

 

"What the.." Kangin mumbled. His eyes still widen in shock but he still locking his eyes to the man who he just know as Donghee.

 

Kangin heard footsteps coming towards them. 

 

"Kangin?" Leeteuk called out while trying to catch his breath after a long run. The others also doing the same behind him.

 

Kangin glanced at him but only for a short while.

 

"What happens?" Leeteuk asked again when he turn his eyes to Donghee who is still curling himself on the ground but this time with bith of his hands grabbing his heas while mumbling something under his breath.

 

Knowing that no one can answer the question, the man who is incredibly still in Kangin's hands, open his mouth to speak. "He is Donghee. Someone pay me to get him." He stated, pointing to Donghee with his eyes. 

 

"Why?" Hangeng questioned.

 

The man glances at Kangin first before he answers, "To kill him." He sighed. 

 

"What??" They asked in shocked.