Fourteen

Travellers Story

"What with that guy in black anyway. He is so creepy, just like this town. Or, maybe everyone in this town are scary. Maybe we have entering a wrong town. Who knows,maybe.." 

 

"Heechul..." Hangeng spoke out as behalf of the others who had been listening to Heechul nagging since the first time they left the playground until now, where they are already in some cheap motel's room.

 

However, putting aside how scary and mysterious the man was, but, thanks to him, they found a motel for tonight. If not, maybe they are now under those heavy rains, trying to find a place for a shelter. 

 

Heechul rolls his eyes with Hangeng words earlier, which was more like a warn for him to stop talking. He plopping himself onto the bed nearest him, ignoring the others as he looking at the outside of the door. The rain are so heavy and sometimes he can heard the sound of thunder in the dark sky. 

 

Leeteuk standing at the centre of the room, while his eyes are wondering around. Strangely, this motel have a room like a dorm that can fill at least twenty person in one time with the double beds lining straightly across each and the wardrobe at the side of it. Are we in the army camp or something? 

 

"Leeteuk hyung, which bed do you want?" Sungmin voiced out from one of the bed, maybe his bed for the night.

 

Leeteuk walks slowly in between the beds. "I don't mind. All of you can choose which one you like." He answered, not just for Sungmin but also for everyone else. Just after his words, he smile genuinely as he watching how the others choosing their bed without any disagreement.

 

"I've never know that there is a motel that having these kind of room." Yesung said from his bed, next to Eunhyuk's bed. Since there is ten double-beds in the room and they are just nine of them, each of them can occupied their own bed without sharing. So comfortable...

 

"Right. But, isn't we are lucky then. The rent is also cheaper than the single room and plus, it comfortable." Siwon agreed from his sit on his bed.

 

Sungmin thinking about something as he pause his movement from taking out his towel from his backpack. "Speaking of it, I suddenly remembered about the guy we met in the playground. Thanks to him too, right?" Sungmin stated.

 

Leeteuk who is leaning against his bed across Sungmin just giving the younger a sweet smile. "Hmm, Sungmin is right." 

 

"You mean that scary man, hyung? He is so scary." Donghae pointed out.

 

"Sungmin hyung, did you saw him crying back then?" Eunhyuk questioned as he sitting up and looking at Sungmin seriously.

 

Sungmin playing with the towel in his hand silently. "Uh, I saw the tears in his eyes behind those curling hair. I don't know why but for me, he looks like he is in trouble." Sungmin replied honestly.

 

"Well, everyone has their hard times. Maybe, we bumped into him while he was facing his hard times." Hangeng gave out his thought.

 

"Maybe hyung.." Sungmin said silently.

 

 

Meanwhile, a man is walking through the hall while rubbing his hair, trying to dry it. He had been running like crazy on the road just a moment ago since he never expecting that there will be a sudden heavy rain while he is walking aimlessly. The long hall is quite dark and thanks to the lightning outside, sometimes its help in brightening the hall for a second.

 

The man keep walking while looking at the room that he has rent for the night. He recalled back the instruction from the landlord of the motel earlier, just going through the hall and take left. His room should be on the fifth door from his right. 

 

"What a weird motel. Am I in camp or what? This hall is quite long and there is no lamp until a mile away, and its funny how most of them are broken in times like this." He mumbled alone before he breathing out heavily. 

 

With his hands in the pockets, he suddenly remembered back about the bunch of guys that he had met yesterday. Somehow, their kindness were really reaching his heart. It's been a long time since he let anyone touching his empty heart. He never trust the people since he was a kid, and of course it lead to no friends and companies by his side. He sighed softly, and keep walking only to find the room that he'd been searching for.

 

 The door being open widely with a loud thud along with the thunder outside. Hangeng who is almost sleeping quickly snaps up from his lay along with some of others.

 

"Who?" Hangeng questioned.

 

While somehow, the person who is opening the door and still standing at the door frame also looking as shock as them and wearing the same expression on his face. "What the.." He mumbled but pasuing for a while as he looking back at the number of room on door. He is really sure that he is in the right room, but, these people.. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

 

"Isn't we should be the one asking that question?" Leeteuk asked him back as he slowly getting up from his bed and making his way to the door. But then, he realized something. "Are you that guy from yesterday?" He pointed out.

 

"Uh?" The guy looking at Leeteuk who is currently standing in front of him from head to toes. 

 

"Yes, you are. I recognize you." Leeteuk stepped forwards. "I'm suprise that we met again." He added as he smile.

 

Somehow, that guy still standing like a statue on his spot. How can this be? How come he meet them again? 

 

"Leeteuk hyung? Who is it?" Someone asking Leeteuk from behind, appareantly it is Yesung who just woke up and still trying to clear his blurry sight. The one who is already wake up at the moment slowly approaching Leeteuk by standing behind the older. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Hangeng asked, with ease tone even he still in get ready mode if only something unexpecting happen. 

 

They heard the guy sigh. "I rent this room." He answered honestly. "Maybe the landlord had given me the wrong room. I will go to see her now." He added, turning his back and getting ready to leave.

 

"Wait!" Leeteuk called out. The guy stop walking and looking at his back, to Leeteuk. "I've talked with the landlord before while we were asking her for any available room, but she said none. Only this room is available at the moment. So, its useless if you go and talk to her right now." 

 

"Your point?"

 

"Just come in. You already paid for this room right, so it also become yours as well." Leeteuk stated.

 

The guy looks hesitated for a while, like thinking deeply inside his brain for the offer from Leeteuk. The rain still pouring heavily and since he just stumbled here without any plan, he don't have anywhere else to go. "Fine. As you wish." He replied and walking inside the room.

 

The guy ended up with the bed next to Leeteuk's since it the only one left. It's already night, and most of them already done with showered and getting ready to call it a night. 

 

"Hey you brat, did you following us?" Heechul asked suddenly. The red hair was sleeping earlier while they received that unwelcomed guest.

 

"Are you talking to me?" The guy asking back, without any bother to look at the red hair.

 

"Yah you! Don't you have any manners?" Heechul snapped.

 

The guy just glance at the latter and making Heechul more furious than before. He is already getting up from his bed when Hangeng pull him back. "Heechul.." Hangeng sighed.

 

Yesung shaking his head slightly. "Thankfully, there's Hangeng hyung to control the wild beast." Yesung said while tidying the blanket on his bed. Yeah, he started calling Hangeng with hyung since he felt like it more accurate even they are can be consider as the same age friend. But still, Hangeng is months ahead from him though. Yeah, it more comfortable that way and Hangeng also don't mind about it.

 

Just right after that, a flying pillow was been thrown directly towards Yesung and it hit the latter's head without any missed. "Arckk!!!" A sound produced by Yesung before he fall down on his own bed, flatly on his stomach.

 

"Hah, serve you!!" Heechul yelled in victory.

 

Ignoring the bickers from Yesung and Heechul with Hangeng and Sungmin in the middle of them, trying to cool them down, the youngers and Leeteuk just watching them on their bed. 

 

"So, where are you going?" Siwon spoke out as he looking at the new guy. 

 

With his close eyes and the arms being folded behind his head, he answered, "I don't know. I'm just going to find someone." 

 

"Who?" Eunhyuk asked, so fast enough.

 

The guy opens his eyes and looking above him. "My enemy." 

 

"Eh?" They gasped in unison. 

 

"Forget it." The guy said as he closing his eyes back. He also don't know why he answered it that way earlier. 

 

Leeteuk eyes exchanges with the others. 

 

"Hope you will find your enemy soon." Kibum commented before he pull his blanket, covering his body to his head as he rolls to his side. Maybe no one notice this, but the guy's lips slightly moving upwards, forming a little smile. 

 

What with that kind of words? Seriously, this kid sometimes can be so unexpected. Kibum is such a myterious kid either. He rather talks and keep silence all the time. But once he open up his mouth, it can shocking them.

 

Yesung and Heechul still yelling at each other at the corner of the room, while at the other side, an awkward environment can be sense. Leeteuk shifting uncomfortably on his bed. 

 

"What..what is your name?" Donghae asked suddenly.

 

Silence. "Kang..In." 

 

Since that guy already told them his name, they don't find it any wrong to introduce themselves too. Donghae cheerfully teeling the guy his name along with Eunhyuk, Siwon and Kibum before Leeteuk take the turn and introducing himself along with the else. Kangin just keep silence like he is not so interested, but somehow inside his heart, he debating with himself on how to react. These bunch of guys are really something, that can't be put with words by him. 

 

It's pretty late and most of them already falls asleep on their bed except for one. With his eyes still open widely, he wander his eyes around the room. It's dark but still he can see them clearly. Their sound of breath and snoring, their way of moving in sleep and the atmosphere in the room. It is so..

 

What is this? What is this feeling? Kangin move to his side and his eyes directly goes to Leeteuk, next to his bed. Just by watching the face, slowly his eyes close down with the feeling that he hadn't find for such a long time. He is able to sleep in peace for a first time since years ago. 

 

 

P/s: dont get me wrong, there is nothing else than a pure friendship bonding in this story. Not romance and etc that have the same meaning as it. Maybe sometimes you can find a scene where it can be read in a wrong way, but for me, it just nothing else except friends. I want to keep this story in that way. Thank you.. ≧﹏≦