Five

Travellers Story

One step, two step and now thousands steps. Leeteuk takes out his notebook or more like a diary from inside his backpack. He grabs the pen and open the white book. He is too deep in his writing until he forget all about the things that happen around him.

 

Five of them are taking a rest in a small cafe at the end of the town. Not so many people in the cafe except for them and an old couple, taking a sip of their coffee. Eunhyuk had gone to the toilet with Yesung while Sungmin is sitting on the table with their new friend, Hangeng that coming from China.

 

"Sungmin-shi. Why are you travelling?" Hangeng asked, trying to avoid the awkward situation between both of them.

 

"Uh? I just want to try something new in my life, maybe that's the reason why." Sungmin answered. Hangeng take sip on his drink once again. He just don't know how to start a conversation with a stranger. Hangeng is used to be alone since a year ago when he first arrived in this unfamiliar world. But, when Leeteuk asking him to join their lunch together, he don't know why he agreed with it.

 

Their silence then being broken by a loud Eunhyuk who just came back from toilet with Yesung following him close behind. Leeteuk also had finished writing in his diary and as he put his book back into his backpack, Yesung sit in front of him.

 

"What are you writing about hyung?" Eunhyuk asked as he chewing his bread. They are sharing the same table so of course Eunhyuk question also getting everyone interest since there is nothing else.

 

"It a secret. You can't know about it." Leeteuk answered as he hugging his backpack, like someone trying to steal it from him.

 

"Must be something funny." Yesung teased.

 

"Nah, it's not. And don't ever try to take a peek at it, understand. Especially you, Eunhyuk!" Leeteuk said sternly.

 

"Why me? I will not hyung. Don't you believe in me??" Eunhyuk asked, pouting his lips. Quite disappointed maybe with the point by Leeteuk.

 

"Are you pouting?" Sungmin laughed. "Yah!! Since when you know how to be this cute??" He teased again as he ruffling Eunhyuk's hair.

 

At the end of the table, Hangeng just witnessing the scene in silent. Hangeng is smiling along with them without he even realized it. It's been a while since he saw all these. You know what, travelling alone without any company is really bored and lonely. Most of the time, you just enjoying the nature alone with the strangers around you. 

 

Hangeng have his own reason for starting his journey. He is coming from a small village in China. He is not rich, only living with his mother and old grandfather. From he was a kid, his grandfather always told him about a traveler's story. Till this day, he can memorized the plot of the story really well. And from that, he start to plant an ambition in his heart. To find the 'treasure' like what the traveler's in the story found. 

 

"Hangeng-shi?" Hangeng snapped out when he heard the voice that calling for him.

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Hangeng-shi, are you okay?" Leeteuk asked. The others also eyeing him seriously. He blinks his eyes before rubbing his back of his neck shyly.

 

"I'm okay. Sorry." He said slowly.

 

"It's okay. Leeteuk hyung had called you for three times already, but you didn't give any reaction." Sungmin explained as he smile.

 

Hangeng also smiling back to him and also the others to ease their worriedness towards him. These new strangers that he just met a while ago are really nice. He wonders what is the reason behind everyone journey. Every travellers will have at least one reason on why they decided to be a traveller. Why you want to be a traveller and leaving all your life behind if you have got everything? Why you want to search for a sleepless night while biting by a mosquitoes or even struggling yourself under a bad weather if you have a comfort home to shield you? A traveler is not a traveler for nothing.

 

"So Hangeng-shi. Earlier, you have told us about a treasure. What is it?" Yesung asked as look up at the China man.

 

"Is it a true treasure? Like golds, diamonds and something shiny like a that? Wahh, I can't believe it there is still a secret treasure in this century." Sungmin voiced out in amazed.

 

Hangeng chuckles softly with the reaction. "Nope, it's not that kind of treasure." Hangeng answered honestly.

 

"Oh? Then what kind of treasure?" Leeteuk asked, getting interested about the topic.

 

Hangeng thinking in his mind on how to tell them. "Ermm, something that we need in our life?" It's more like a question than an answer right?

 

Four of them look at Hangeng dumbfoundedly. Where is the answer for their question?

 

"I'm sorry. You mean??" Yesung asked.

 

Hangeng looks at their questionable face at the same time he also finding his words on how to give them the answer. "I mean..how to say this?" Hangeng scratching his head. "Actually I also don't know what kind of treasure it is. That's why I find for it." 

 

"Then, what is it??" Leeteuk asked hesitatedly.

 

"Okay, I know I am a dumber but still, I don't get anything you said. I guess my dumber is really in a low level now." Eunhyuk stated.

 

Hangeng sighed while Sungmin poking Eunhyuk. "You know, since I was a kid, my grandfather always told me a story about a traveler." Hangeng started, gathers everyone attraction. "He always said, in this life, there is a lot of treasure that we don't even realize sometimes. And I asked him, what is it? But he just smile to me. He said, everyone have their own treasure to keep and I will find mine one day."

 

"Ahh, so you are searching for a treasure of your life. But, it's hard you know. Because you also don't even know what it is." Sungmin pointed out.

 

"Treasure is something that is so precious. Something that we keep safely in our life. Treasure has a lot meaning. Wealth, love, family and so on. It depends on a person." Yesung said as he crossing his arms without even looking at the others.

 

Eunhyuk bread was drop on the plate from his mouth while his eyes are staring at the latter next to him. But, not just Eunhyuk though because the others also doing the same.

 

"What?" Yesung asked when he realized that everyone eyes are on him now.

 

"Woah, what a nice words." Leeteuk amazed because he never thought that Yesung is that kind of person.

 

"You look so cool while saying all that." Sungmin said while Eunhyuk just nodding his head agreely. Yesung rolled his eyes, shrugging them of. You just knew me for two days but you already jump in your own speculation about me. 

 

Hangeng cleared his throat. "Yesung-shi is right."

 

"But, may I know why you still need to travel? I mean I know the reason as you said before but if it is the meaning of treasure for you then isn't you already have your family? Your own happiness? Why you need to find more?" Leeteuk voiced out his curiousity.

 

Hangeng loweing his head with the question from Leeteuk. "I just lost them." Hangeng said in slow and whispered voice. 

 

"Oh, sorry to hear that." 

 

Hangeng lift up his face and smile widely. "Nah, it's okay. Anyway, I guess I will make a move now." He added as he he get up from his sit and stretching his arms.

 

"Where will you going?" Eunhyuk asked.

 

"I don't know. Isn't that is what treveller do? Don't know their destination, just move along with the wind." Hangeng replied, getting his backpack from under the table.

 

"Then, just come along with us. Who knows that you might found your treasure along the way?" Leeteuk said as he also getting up from his seat.

 

Hangeng eyes locking with Leeteuk's eyes as he is standing in his level. Walking together? 

 

"Me? You want me to join you guys?" 

 

"Yeah, why not? The more the merrier." Sungmin added.

 

"I know we just met each other but not just you, you know. I also just met them." Leeteuk said while pointing at the three on the table. "We also will be part away someday if you want too. But, let's just walk together before we part away. What say you?" 

 

It's like there is a gear in Hangeng's brain that keep rolling. He thought hard about the offered from Leeteuk in front of him but still he don't find any wrong either about that. It's not lose on any side. Just walk together, isn't it is fun? Besides, who knows what will he find with his new journey with four of them right?

 

With all that kind of thought, Hangeng slowly putting back his backpack on the floor. He get up from his bent body and meet Leeteuk's face. "I don't find any wrong with it." He smile.

 

 

The night is so peaceful. The moonlight from the full moon on the dark sky brightening the world. Hangeng is laying on the bed after he done taking his shower while Sungmin is the next one using the bathroom. Eunhyuk, Leeteuk and Yesung just sitting around the small table on the floor in their motel's room while chatting and chewing the snacks. 

 

"Oh right, we need to get you a new shirt and also a backpack. I've almost forget about it." Leeteuk said as he looking at Eunhyuk

 

"Eh? Hyung, can't we buy it? I'm find just like this." Eunhyuk said as he lowers his head, playing with the edge of his shirt. Oh, no, not his shirt but Leeteuk's shirt that the older gave him yesterday.

 

"No Eunhyuk-ah. I've promised you right so I must keep my promise. Let's go!" Leeteuk said firmly. Hangeng roll his body on his side when he heard all the commotion about while Yesung just keep calm on his spot.

 

"But hyung. I..I don't want to." Eunhyuk mumbled.

 

"Why?" Leeteuk asked.

 

"You're helping me too much already. I can't accept it anymore. I don't want to." Eunhyuk replied, keeping his eyes away from Leeteuk.

 

"I don't take no as an answer, Eunhyuk-ah. You are under my responsibility now, so you want or not, you must accept it. Come on! Let's go now before the shop's close." Leeteuk said while approaching the younger before dragging the latter away and disappeared from behind the room's door. Eunhyuk keep saying no and struggling but well, just no one step in to help him either.

 

Just as then, Sungmin get out from the bathroom with a new clothes on while his hand drying his wet hair. "Where are hyung and Eunhyuk going to?" He asked while taking a sit at the edge of Hangeng's bed.

 

"Out, buying a new shirt for Eunhyuk." Yesung answered him. Yesung take all the plastic of empty chips and throw them into the dustbin outside the room. Later on, he come back and cleaning the messy table, ignoring Hangeng and Sungmin on the bed.

 

Hangeng get up from his lays and leaning against the pillow while crossing his legs, giving a space for Sungmin. After finished cleaning everything, Yesung excused himself to take a shower with a folded new clothes in his arms. Sungmin just give the older his nod before he continue to dry his hair.

 

"Sungmin-shi." Hangeng called and Sungmin just humming as a reply. "How you all get together?" He asked.

 

Sungmin stop drying his hair before he smile to Hangeng.