Twelve

Travellers Story

"The sky is so beautiful tonight." Sungmin stated as he lays down on the field. Under the starry sky, all of them are laying down in a circle. They just finished up their dinner and while waiting for a bed time, they decided to be lazy around.

 

"Hyung, looks!! That star is so big!" Donghae pointed to one of the most shiny star on the night sky.

 

"It's not a star Donghae-ah." Siwon corrected the latter.

 

"Eh? Really? How you know it?" Eunhyuk asked his new friend who laying down next to him.

 

Siwon look at him for a second before he turn his eyes back to the sky. He starts explaining everything about the stars that he knows. Well, he learn all that besides, he just love in reading. Eunhyuk and Donghae also looking at the stars the Siwon pointed out along with the others. 

 

Suddenly, their moment got interupted by the loud shouted. Spontaneous, all of them wake up from their lay and staring at the shouted direction. 

 

"What is it?" Leeteuk questioned.

 

"Maybe it a ghost." Yesung replied seriously.

 

Hearing the answered from Yesung make Donghae and Sungmin hugging each other tightly while Eunhyuk hiding behind Siwon since the latter is much taller than him. 

 

Looking at it, Heechul rolls his eyes before he give Yesung a smack on his head. "You, stupid!" He mumbled.

 

Once again, they heard the same shout but this more like a groans. It's coming from behind the bushes next to their tents. 

 

"Stay here, I will go and check it." Hangeng commanded sternly. Being the one of the oldest in the group and also the one who knows well in fighting make Hangeng realized the need to protect the others. The feeling just come naturally.

 

Yesung also following Hangeng slowly from behind, leaving the others in waiting and hoping for nothing terrible to be happen. Carefully, Hangeng make a way through the bushes under the dimmed light from the moon. He study their surrounding with his sharp eyes before he gasp. Yesung put his hand on Hangeng's shoulder.

 

"What is it?" Yesung whispered.

 

Hangeng glances at the shorter for a second before he indicating Yesung to follow him. Slowly, two of them walking deeper inside the darkness of the night.

 

Meanwhile, Leeteuk and the others waiting patiently for Hangeng and Yesung to come back after both were disappeared into the thick bushes in front of them. Leeteuk face showing his real feeling. He is so worried when he can't hear anything from them. Kibum gripping on Heechul's arm without he realized it. Heechul didn't move from the tight grips, instead he let it. 

 

"Hyung.." Eunyhuk called out, almost crying along with his same age friend, Donghae. "What if.." 

 

Before Eunhyuk managed to finish of his words, Heechul shut him off. "Shht! They will be back." He stated firmly as he lifting up his hand and ruffling both Donghae and Eunhyuk's hair.

 

"Should I go and check on them?" Siwon asked after a long silent. 

 

Leeteuk shaking his head softly before he turn his body around. "No, if anything..I will go. Let's wait a little more." He replied. As a oldest one, he can't let the younger be in danger. If anything, he must be the first one. Besides, he already make a vow to himself that he will care and protecting all of them since the first day they're together until the day the separate. For one last time, he glances towards the bushes waiting for them to appear. 

 

Like a pray being granted, not long after that, Yesung and Hangeng appeared on their sight. But, they are not alone. There is someone else between them. Leeteuk and the others immediately getting up from their sit and welcoming them back.

 

"We are fine." Hangeng said like he knows what they want to ask him. "And Sungmin-shi, please grabs some medicine from inside my backpack." He ordered. Sungmin quickly goes up and running to their tent.

 

"What happened?" Leeteuk questioned as he approaching Hangeng and the stranger on his hold. 

 

Hangeng didn't answer the question immediately. Instead, Hangeng put the stranger on the grass, close to the bonfire. "I don't know. We found him there alone with all the bruised skin."

 

Leeteuk steps in closer to the injured man. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked softly.

 

The man lift up his head and meeting Leeteuk's eyes. "I am fine. Continue on your activities and don't mind about me." The man answered coldly.

 

Leeteuk left in silent. But, he still following the man's words without any complain. Leeteuk opens up the first-aid box and quickly treating all the wounds on the man's body. 

 

It's already morning. The sound of the chirping birds woke him up from his dream. Lazily, he opens his eyes and blinking for a couple of time to adjust with the brightness. Leeteuk raise up his hand and put it on his forehead while looking above him. He thinks about last night.

 

Leeteuk can't sleep after he ushered everyone into their tents since it's late in night. After rolling to right and left but still failed to fall asleep, he decided to go out. Just after he pushed open the door of the tent slightly, he saw someone sitting near the bonfire. Even he didn't saw his face, but Leeteuk knows that the shadow belong to any of his dongsaengs. He grabs his blanket before went out and silently approaching the shadow.

 

Just a few more steps and as Leeteuk's hand want to reach the man, he getting up from his seat in a flash and pushing Leeteuk before grabbing the shorter neck from Leeteuk back. The blanket falls on the grass under them.

 

"What do you want?" The man whispered close to Leeteuk's ear.

 

His neck is so hurt from the tight arm around it but Leeteuk hide it really well. "I..I just want..want to give the blanket..to you." Leeteuk replied.

 

After a moment of silence, Leeteuk was released. Leeteuk turn around and steps a few backwards, well just in case. Leeteuk looking directly at the man's face as he rubbing his hurting neck. The man just ignoring him and back to his previous seat. Leeteuk watch him in dumb. The latter slowly picking the blanket back and put it on the man's body.

 

"It's cold and your wound still not fully heal." Leeteuk stated after he wrapping the stranger's body with his white blanket. Then, he take a seat across the man before he put more woods into the fire, to heat the night. "Don't take the blanket out." Leeteuk warned when he saw the latter want to throw the blanket away.

 

"Why?" The man asked slowly.

 

Leeteuk face him up before he smile warmly. "No reason. Just want to take care of my guest. In case you don't realize, you're our guest in our site." 

 

"I can leave now." The man stated suddenly before he get up from his seat.

 

Following the man, Leeteuk also getting up in worried. "No, I didn't meant it in that way. Just sit down, we don't mind. I will be more than glad if I can help you." He said honestly as he grabs the man's shoulder.

 

"Arghh.." The man hissed with the body contact. He grips Leeteuk's hand on his shoulder before he push the shorter aside. Leeteuk feel so bad and it even more worse when he saw blood on the man's shirt on his shoulder. Leeteuk eyes went wide in horror. 

 

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!! I forgot about your wound." Leeteuk apologized before he motioning the man to take a seat before he running back to his tent and come back in just a short time.

 

"Let me put some medicine on it." Leeteuk said, didn't wait for the response as he just pull down the collar and pull out the bandage.

 

Luckily, the wound is not so worse. Leeteuk sigh in relief while he close the box and put it on his side. "I'm sorry." Leeteuk apologized once again but this time without even looking at the stranger. He feel so guilty.

 

"How many times do you want to say it." More like a statement than a question from the man. 

 

Silence, once again silent. Leeteuk don't know why he lost his words. He want to ask the man a lot but his mouth just doesn't want to open. Or maybe the cold night just make his tongue froze, well, thinks in a positive way.

 

"I've never saw any of you before." The man started up. "Where are you from?" 

 

Leeteuk smile slightly. "We just passing by and rest here for a night." He replied. "We are travellers." He added.

 

"Travellers.." The man mumbled while his eyes still locking without moving from the fire. Leeteuk wait for further words, but looks like his waiting is useless. 

 

Leeteuk sighed a little. "So, where are you from?" He questioned the man.

 

"Here." 

 

"Ahh." Leeteuk responsed. He glance at the man in front of him for a while before he say, "If you don't mind. May I know why.."

 

"I mind so don't ask." Leeteuk words got cut off. "I will leave when the sun arise. So don't worry to see my face tomorrow." He added.

 

Somehow, this is so disturbing. "I am Leeteuk, by the way." 

 

The man look at him with a flat face. What is that face mean? "So?"

 

Surely, the man is very cold and harsh. Leeetuk starts to boil inside. He get up from his seat with his arms crossing closely to his chest. "Seriously you. Can't you be a little nicer to me? I'm just trying to help you." 

 

"Did I ask for it? So, what do you want me to say? In case you don't remembered, we are just a stranger. I don't know you and you don't know me. You shouldn't come out at this time, if I want to, I can kill you right now."

 

'Is if wrong to be nice?' Leeteuk thought. 

 

"Not everyone can accept kindness from a stranger. Not every person can be just like what you're hoping for." The man replied calmly. Leeteuk stunned on his spot but later on, puffing angrily with the answered.

 

Leeteuk take a moment to calm himself down before he noticed how the sky start changing his color slowly. Leeteuk realized it's already dawn and this is going nowhere. For the hundred times, he sighing again softly. Just when he open his mouth to utter the words, the man beat him off first.

 

"Thank you." The man mumbled but for the silence environment, of course Leeteuk can heard it clearly. "Please tell it to your friends who helped me earlier even he shouldn't." He added.

 

Leeteuk close his eyes for a second before he slowly leaving the place. "I will say it to them but believe me, they will say that you didn't need to thank them. Sometimes, we are helping someone not for a thank or a reply. We are just helping because that's what we should do for the people needed." Leeteuk glanced behind him. "Anyway, take care and we are glad for meeting you." He added as he leaving the man alone. Little did he don't know, his words left a mark in the man's heart.

 

 

"Hyung! Good morning!!!" Eunhyuk yelled from outside Leeteuk's tent as he trying to open the zip. 

 

The loud yelled is enough to wake Leeteuk up from his thought and snaps towards the already open door of his tent before three head popping from behind it.

 

"Leeteuk hyung, are you alright? Usually you are the first one to wake up, but not today." Sungmin asked worriedly, only making the older smile.

 

"I'm fine, just over slept. Don't worry." 

 

"Then, come on hyung. It's time for breakfast!" Donghae shouted as he takes Leeteuk's hand into his, pulling the latter out.

 

Everyone were already there, waiting for him to join them. And Leeteuk realized, the man from last night already gone. 

 

"He left us." Yesung told Leeteuk when he sit next to the younger. Leeteuk didn't say anything, just nodding his head a little.

 

"What an ungrateful brat he is. Just left like that. Pfft!" Heechul mumbled.

 

'But why I feel like we will meet again?' Leeteuk thought as he take a look on the place where the man sit last night.