006

#Superglue

Mingyu finally came out of the fitting room after what seemed like forever. He looks around trying to find Minhee when he sees her at the hats section. Neither Minhee nor Mingyu changed their choice of clothing, is this what they call a couple wear? 

Mingyu walks over to Minhee to see her holding the black snapback. He wonders if she wanted to buy it for him. Holding that little piece of hope, he calls her. 

"Hey, you're done? What you looking at?" 

"Oh hey! Do you think this is nice? I'm thinking of buying it for Dowoon" 

"Oh... I think it's not bad, if you think it suits him then you should get it" as Mingyu offers his point of view. Who was he to Minhee right? They barely knew each other and not to mention, the amount of 'accidents' today definitely doesn't put him in a good place. That one bit of hope was shattered. Even so, he tries not to show his disappointment to Minhee. 

Minhee ended up buying the snapback and they left the stall. The two decided to take the bus since taking a taxi would be way too expensive. As they were walking to the bus stop, they started their small talk again. 

"Why didn't you change your shirt? I thought girls don't like dressing the same as others" asked Mingyu. 

"I was just lazy, and shouldn't the copycat be the one who change? I'm the original one" 

"Hey, who you calling copycat? I told you I'm a handsome cat" as he went to a nearby lamp post and modeled next to it. 

"Handsome copycat" Minhee accidentally muttered. 

"So you think I'm handsome????" as he is shocked that she thinks so 

"It's.. It's... It's not exactly you don't know you're handsome, especially with all those fan letters you receive everyday" as she tries to save herself from her mistake 

"That's true," as he agrees with her "but how do you know I receive fanletters everyday? I only receive them at my locker..." 

The both of them realised what is happening. Mingyu looked at her as if he was expecting that one answer from her. Finding herself digging her grave deeper and deeper, Minhee quickly changed the topic. 

"Ahhhhhhh, come and catch me if you can!" as she runs away from Mingyu. 

"Just so you know, I have long legs" 

"As if that isn't obvious, but you still can't catch me!" Minhee teases. 

The two of them start acting like kids and teased each other until they reached the bus stop. Somehow, they were able to get along well as if they knew each other for a long time. The bus soon came and thankfully the bus was pretty empty so they got a seat next to each other. 

Minhee has a habit of listening to music on the bus while Mingyu is used to playing around with his friends on bus rides. Mingyu stares out the window as he is too bored with no music to listen to. 

"You wanna listen to music? It's Standing Egg's new single, Nobody Knows." Minhee offers to the bored Mingyu. 

The both of them listen to the calming music and unwind down from the hectic day they just had. Mingyu was thinking of how they had just spent the day when he notices Minhee dozing off. Her head keeps nodding as she tries to stay awake. Mingyu holds her head and leans it on his shoulder. 

"It's okay, I will wake you up when we're reaching" 

Minhee snuggles in to a more comfortable position, too tired to even bother about being embarrassed. Mingyu's heart can't stop beating fast as he feels Minhee's head on his shoulder. With Nobody Knows playing in the background, the romantic bus ride continues. 

"We're in the neighborhood already, you awake?" as Mingyu wakes Minhee up 

"Oh yea thanks for the shoulder" a blushing Minhee answers. 

"No problem, glad that my broad shoulders can be of help." the joker side of Mingyu is starting to show. 

"My stop is next, what's yours?" Minhee asks. 

"Same! I live along _______."

"That's quite near where I live! I live near where the park is."

The two get off from the bus, feeling pretty groggy from the bus ride. 

"It's almost 10, I really should walk you home," offers Mingyu "you never know what will happen when it's so late at night" 

"Yea sure, so you will be a clumsy superman yet again when something do happens?" Minhee teases 

"Hey that was an accident! I'm still a superman even if I'm clumsy" an embarrassed Mingyu tries defending himself 

They soon reach the front of Minhee's house. 

"I will watch you go in before I leave, go on in" 

"You sure?" 

"Yes, go on in~ it's late already" 

"Okay okay, get home safe alright?" 

"Yes I will, go on in~~~" 

"And... Thanks a lot for today, I had great fun" 

"No problem, sorry for the wet clothes though. I will definitely scold Seventeen when I see them again" 

"Hahaha, okay bye..." As Minhee slowly walks backwards into her house, as if she doesn't want to leave Mingyu. 

"Remember to text me! Now go on in~~~ go go go!!!" 

"Okay, bye!!" Minhee waves to Mingyu as she finally leaves and heads into her house. 

Mingyu can't stop smiling on his way back home as he thinks about what just happened at the front of Minhee's house. It was as if they were dating. He however remembered that they just knew each other yesterday, things can't speed up too much. They are just friends right? Today wasn't a date, it was just a meet-up between a boy and a girl.