003

#Superglue

How does it feel to have the number of one the guys from the oh so popular Seventeen? Well, Minhee has been staring at her phone still deciding whether to text Mingyu.

Minhee POV
Should I text a "Hi! Remember me from this afternoon? It's Minhee here." But isn't it obvious he remembers me? It was just this afternoon. Or maybe I should text a "Hey, it's Minhee here. You wanna meet up after school for a drink?" But that would sounds so flirty right? And another drink?!? We just had a drink today...

"Minhee ah"

Afraid somebody would see what I was doing, I quickly locked my phone.
"AH DOWOON YOU SCARED ME!!" I got frightened by the sudden appearance of Dowoon. Why was I even afraid of Dowoon appearing?

"Oh sorry, I was just wondering if you wanna watch some TV. The boys are here too"

"Nahhhh, it's okay. You can help yourself to the drinks in the fridge as usual." Dowoon always come over the my place, sometimes treating my place as his. I shall just entertain him and the boys after texting Mingyu. And now to delete this screwed up message, why did I even offer to go for a drink?

OH SHUCKS. OH NO. OH MY NO. DID I JUST CLICK 'SEND' INSTEAD OF 'DELETE'. OH NO. NO. THIS CANT BE TRUE.

*A new message is received*

A reply??!!!??? That fast??!!??? What if he rejects me? Why did he reply that fast? What is this mess I have gotten into??!!??

*message reads*
"Sure, meet me at the lockers at 4?"

Why 4pm???? WHY. Why must it be the same time as when I end school? I can't even escape because his locker is just opposite mine, and I can't use Day6 just to avoid Mingyu. That is just being so mean. Gahhhhhhhhhh.

 

Mingyu POV
Just when will Minhee text me? She doesn't even know how long I have been wanting to talk to her. I still remember that look on her face when we had eye contact on the first day of school. Ahhhhhh, since when did an angel...

"Mingyuuuuu, what you thinking of? You have been staring at that cup of coffee for so long."

"Oh nothing, just thinking about erm... erm... New decorations for my room!"

"You're re-designing your room when you just did it last month?"

Oh . Wonwoo caught me. This boy has been friends with me since I was five. There was no way he couldn't catch me lying. I need to think of an excuse quick.

"Erm yea! My mum wants to let more sunlight in to the room."

"Lol okay sure. Hope you're okay man" as Wonwoo pats my head.

Wonwoo obviously knows what's going on. There was no way I could lie to him. He may seem like a cold guy but he is actually pretty nice. His little actions of affection always make me want to see more. Not that we're a couple or anything but isn't it cute to see a cold guy show affection? Hehehe

*new message arrives*

Is it finally Minhee?

"Hey, it's Minhee here. You wanna meet up after school for a drink?"

Oh my gosh. It really is Minhee. And she just asked me out for a drink. Daaaaamn, this girl is amazing. Can't wait for tomorrow to come. We can probably go to the newly opened bubble tea store round the corner, there's an arcade there too. Nobody said we are gonna have just a cup of drink right? I shall send her a boring reply so that she doesn't think I'm a weirdo or something.

 


The next day came and everybody was excited to leave the school. Minhee was packing her locker as thoughts of escalating was running through her head. Maybe she could just leave now? She was trying to hatch an escape plan when suddenly a body slams against the locker next to her.

"Hi Minhee, you ready to go?" Mingyu asks with a cheeky smile.

How could Minhee resist his that smile of his? All thoughts of escaping just left her head.

"Sure, just give me 3 more minutes" answered Minhee.

There was an awkward silence as Mingyu just stares at Minhee pack her locker, occasionally looking at his phone, hoping that a message would break this awkwardness.

"Alright, I'm done." as Minhee locks her locker. Finally the awkwardness is over, at least for now.

"Where you wanna go? I was hoping to visit the newly opened bubble tea shop." offered Mingyu.

"Bubble tea? I'm always up for bubble tea!" as Minhee flashes her gummy smile "I'm just a really big fan of bubble tea, don't judge."

"We shall see who is a bigger fan of bubble tea later."

"Obviously I'm going to be the bigger fan"

"Oh you don't know my love for bubble tea"

The two were bickering as they were walking down the street towards the bubble tea shop when a motorcyclist sped past the both of them, knocking into Minhee. She closes her eyes, ready for impact when Mingyu catches Minhee in time. But clumsy Mingyu tripped on a rock and the both of them fall to the floor, with Minhee on the floor and Mingyu on top of her., much to Mingyu's disappointment of wanting to impress Minhee. He quickly gets up and offered Minhee his hand for her to get up. But all he sees is a laughing Minhee.

"WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!!?!? HAHAHAA WERE YOU TRYING TO SAVE ME BUT WE BOTH FELL?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA"

"Hey I was just worried for you hahaha, okay now get up" as an embarrassed Mingyu offers his hand once again.

"Thank you my clumsy superman! Is my clumsy superman hurt?" a sarcastic Minhee asks.

"Your superman may be a clumsy superman but I'm still superman!! I'm as fine as I can be" as Mingyu tries to defend himself.

"Sure sure, now I'm tired from laughing" as Minhee struggles to talk from too much laughter 

Mingyu is now Minhee's clumsy superman. While Mingyu is still embarrassed from the whole incident, he is glad that it is no longer awkward and thankful that Minhee was not injured. Talk about a big sacrifice to make on a first date. First date?!?! At least that's what Mingyu thinks of today.