010

#Superglue

There really wasn't much in the garden, but there was a white swing. The two of them sat down on the swing and enjoyed the night breeze together. 

"Thanks for taking me out of that living room. I really appreciate it." Minhee thanks Mingyu 

"No problem, they were being the boring ones by watching some documentary nobody cares about."

"Hahaha, do you guys always sleepover?" 

"Quite often? Usually it's just me, Wonwoo and Scoups." 

"Ahhhhh, Day6 also often sleepover at my house although it's usually just me and Dowoon." 

"Just you and Dowoon alone?" Mingyu asked with a hint of jealousy 

"Yea, I grew up with him since young. That boy really is a blessing in my life." as Minhee smiled brightly just talking about Dowoon. 

"That's nice..." Mingyu felt jealous and disappointed for some reason. Was he even in a position to feel this way? 

"But you have Wonwoo, you guys are close too. He is always there beside you." 

"That's true hehehe" as Mingyu realises the deep friendship between him and Wonwoo.

The conversation continued on into the night. Mingyu spilled a lot of Seventeen's secrets to Minhee, making the atmosphere light.

"... And so, Dokyum got chased by a duck. It was like a duck chasing a chicken" 

"WHAT EVEN. POOR DOKYUM HAHAHA" as Minhee laughs at the thought of a panicking Dokyum being chased by a duck. 

Mingyu noticed Minhee's nose was turning red, possibly from being out in the cold for so long. 

"You feeling cold?" Mingyu asks Minhee 

"Not re- AHHHH CHOOOO" Minhee sneezes from the cold 

"YES SURE. TOTALLY NOT COLD AT ALL." 

"But can we don't go back in? Pleeeeease~~~~ it's nice out here" 

"Okay fine. But come closer, there's only one blanket here." Mingyu pulls Minhee closer to where he is. 

"Okay..." Minhee awkwardly shifts closer to Mingyu.

Their arms were almost touching each other and it was obvious both of them knew what was happening. 

"You know... The stars tonight are really nice..." Mingyu awkwardly tries to start a conversation again 

"Yea... They're really nice tonight..." as she looks up at the sky to look at the stars 

"But you know... you're more beautiful than the stars" Mingyu softly says it. He intended for Minhee to hear it but he was too shy to say it confidently. 

"Eh?" Minhee blushes after hearing what Mingyu just said. 

"Okay fine. I do have a crush on you okay. This tension is killing me. Ever since you looked at me during the first day of school in the canteen. Do you even know how much you've been on my mind?" 

"Mingyu... I dont know..." 

"You don't need to give me an answer now. We are still friends until you give me an answer. I will not force you or anything."

"Thanks Mingyu... I really don't know how to..." 

"Don't worry, I'll be fine no matter what the answer will be, including our friendship" 

"Sorry... Just give me more time to you know... Give you an answer..." Minhee looks down, afraid to look at Mingyu in the eye. 

Minhee never thought that she would have a hard time deciding. She was dreaming of this moment just a few months ago but now that she is faced with it, she can't decide what to do. 

 

A few days has passed and Minhee is on her way to Dowoon's house. Apparently the whole of Day6 is present. Mingyu? Minhee has been avoiding Mingyu as much as she can. She still don't know how to react to his confession. 

"I'm here!" Minhee announces her presence 

"BABY GIRL MINHEE, WHY YOU DRESSED SO LITTLE. ITS SO COLD OUTSIDE." Sungjin nags.

"It's okay, did you forget my house is literally just a 3 houses away?" 

"But still..." Sungjin reigns defeat but still worried about Minhee catching a cold. 

"I'm fine. Where's Dowoon?" 

"In the back cooking lunch" Wonpil answered. 

"Thanks!" 

Minhee walks towards the kitchen and sees the back of Dowoon as he stands in front of the stove cooking lunch. Was Dowoon always this tall and exuded this aura around him? 

"Boo!" 

"MINHEE YOU SCARED ME!" 

"HAHAHAAHA YOUR FACE" as Minhee claps in joy.

"MINHEE CAREFUL" Dowoon quickly grabs Minhee's hand and pulls her away from the boiling pot of soup that she almost touched. 

"Eh?" 

"You almost burned yourself! Why are you so careless? Are you hurt anywhere else?" as Dowoon checks Minhee's arms for any sign of injury. 

"Dowoon... I'm fine..." as Minhee trails off and stares at Dowoon who is currently panicking in front of her. Was he always this caring? 

"Don't scare me like that again! Both the jump-scare and you being so close to hurting yourself. Don't make me worry-" Dowoon realises he was revealing too much of his emotions. "I mean, don't make us worry..." 

"Ah yea... Sorry... I'll go the living room now. I hope lunch will be delicious!" Minhee walks back to the living room. 

As Minhee walks back, she wonders why Dowoon overreacted to her almost getting burned. It wasn't as if she really did get hurt. But even so, her heart was beating very fast at the thought of Dowoon saving her and knowing that he worried about her.