Chapter 16

Beastly Pop

~ Author’s POV ~

Nicole and Hoya shook hands while they examined each other. He really doesn’t look like Dongwoon, Nicole thought. Hoya began to pull Nicole closer to him, making her surprised.

“You have such small hands for a hairstylist,” Hoya commented, examining her soft hands.

Nicole copied his face and pulled her hand out of his grip, “Hand size doesn’t matter when cutting hair.”

Hoya nodded, “That’s correct but most hairstylist have big hands. I’m sorry if I acted rude.”

“Oh don’t worry, after you said that I now know how you and Dongwoon are similar.”

“Bwoh?! How am I similar to this person?!” Dongwoon yelled, feeling offended.

Nicole giggled, “Calm down, well you guys are sort of similar, it’s just that he’s worse.”

Dongwoon smiled while Hoya’s jaw dropped open.

“How?” Hoya asked in disbelief.

Nicole touched his hair, “It’s off by 6mm, 2 mm more than Dongwoon’s when I first met him.”

“Dang, your right again,” Jaejin said in amazement while he measured Hoya’s hair.

“Yah!” Hoya yelled at them, feeling completely baffled. 

Hoya removed her hand and touched his hair with an embarrassed face.

“Yah! You don’t have to bring that up again,” Dongwoon frowned.

Nicole laughed and teased, “But it’s true.”

“Anyway,” Hoya said, brushing what happened off, “I heard you won my brother right?”

Nicole nodded, “Wae?”

“Yeah, what does that have to do with you!” Dongwoon stood beside Nicole as he gave Hoya an annoyed expression.

Hoya ignored his brother, “I would like to have a little competition with you.”

“Competition?” Nicole looked at him curiously.

Hoya smiled, “I would just like to see your skill, that’s all.”

“When did you start getting interested in other’s skills?” Junhyung grinned.

Hoya scoffed, “Bwoh, I just wonder how she beaten my little brother that’s all.”

Jaejin rolled his eyes, “Whatever you say.”

“Anyway, is that a yes or no?” Hoya stared at Nicole.

Nicole shrugged, “I guess I’ll do it since it’s nothing big.”

Hoya smiled, “Great! How about we meet at the hair salon in an hour and a half?”

“Alright with me,” Nicole agreed.

“Ok well that’s settled. Hyung, can I have a word with you outside?” Dongwoon asked in an irritated voice.

Hoya ignored his tone in his voice and nodded. The two brothers walked outside and closed the door shut, allowing them to talk in the hallway alone.

“Are you serious Nicole?” Jaejin questioned Nicole.

“Yeah, it isn’t a real competition so I’m fine with it, wae?” Nicole furrowed her eye brows.

Junhyung sighed, “You just don’t know Hoya that well yet. He can be planning anything.”

Nicole shrugged and got back to what she was doing earlier. While in the hallway, Hoya was leaning on the wall while Dongwoon was leaning on the other side of the wall as he stared at him with a silence between them. 

“What are you up to exactly?” Dongwoon broke the silence.

“Bwoh? I’m not up to anything, I can’t come and visit you guys,” Hoya acted offended.

Dongwoon rolled his eyes, not buying it, “I know you too well. You never came to visit when we are here for training, why all of a sudden you wanted to check up on us?”

“It was a long time I haven’t saw you so I just came in, problem?” Hoya smirked.

“Yes. If you do anything to her I will not forgive you, you hear me?” Dongwoon glared.

Hoya chuckled, “When did my little brother ever cared for a girl before? Don’t tell me you like her?”

“I don’t like her!” Dongwoon raised his voice, “She isn’t like the girls around you so don’t think she will fall for you like other girls.”

Hoya scoffed, “I’m not that cocky.”

“Oh believe me you are. Annyeong,” Dongwoon went back into the room leaving Hoya alone in the hallway.

Hoya smirked and walked out of the hallway.

-1 hour and 30 minutes passed-

Dongwoon, Nicole, Junhyung, and Jaejin walked back to the hair salon where a few more customers were coming in and out. They searched for Hoya around the salon but couldn’t find him anywhere.

“Where is he?” Jaejin looked around.

“Maybe he wimped out,” Nicole smiled proudly.

Dongwoon poked her head, “You wish he did.”

“Yah,” Nicole pouted.

 “Hey guys over here!!” a loud voice yelled across the room.

They looked around the salon, trying to look where the voice was coming from. As soon as they saw a hand was waving from the corner in the salon, they walked through the workers. While they were walking, Nicole tripped on one of the worker’s feet and landed on her right hand.

“Are you ok?!” Jaejin quickly helped Nicole up.

“Yeah I’m fine,” Nicole forced as a smile as she felt a painful sting from her hand.

Dongwoon looked at her suspiciously so he held his hand out, “Give me your hand.”

Nicole held out her left hand making Dongwoon roll his eyes, “Other hand.”

She bit her lip and held out her right hand as he slowly examined it and squeeze it, making her yelp in pain.

“I don’t think you should compete with Hoya right now,” Junhyung stated the obvious.

 “I’m fine,” Nicole pulled back her hand and started to walk where Hoya was.

The three followed her with worried expressions on their faces. As they reached the corner and saw Hoya, tapping his feet as he was waiting impatiently.

“You guys are finally here,” he showed his famous smile.

“Well of course, with so much people here, it’s hard for anyone to not get lost,” Junhyung responded.

Hoya chuckled and agreed. Then he looked at Nicole who was trying to hide her pain from the accident that just happened.

“For a second there, I thought you were going to chicken out on me,” Hoya teased.

Nicole scoffed, “Why would I? I wouldn’t be so confident I were you.”

“That’s what I like to hear from you. I might not get bored after all,” Hoya laughed.

“Yah, does that mean you were bored when you had competitions with me,” Dongwoon acted offended.

Hoya meronged at him, “Yeah I did when we were younger.”

“Then do you want to have a competition later,” Dongwoon threw a challenging look.

“Fine, after I finish competing with Nicole-shi,” Hoya accepting his challenge.

“You don’t need to be so formal, just call me Nicole,” Nicole smiled.

“Ok, so you can call me Oppa,” Hoya said with an ear to ear smile.

Jaejin, Junhyung, and Dongwoon jumped in, “NO WAY!”

Nicole looked at them surprised, Hoya was also.

“Wae?~” Hoya whined.

“You’re not fit to be an Oppa for her,” Jaejin shook his head. 

Hoya pointed at Nicole, “But Nicole doesn’t seem to mind, neh?”

Nicole looked at her friends who were giving her a “Say-Yes” look.

“I actually do,” Nicole hesitantly nodded.

“See,” Dongwoon gave a small smile

Hoya pout, “What do I have to do to be an Oppa then?”

“How about not being a player?” Junhyung smirked.

Hoya scoffed, “I’m not a player what are you talking about?”

Jaejin rolled his eyes, “Sure you aren’t. Having a new girlfriend every 2 weeks is so not a player.”

Nicole’s eyes widened, “Every two weeks?!”

Jaejin, Dongwoon, and Junhyung nodded. Junhyung opened his IPad that he had in his hand and started to look for something.

“This is your current girlfriend, correct?” Junhyung showed a beautiful thin girl that could pass as a super model.

“She’s so pretty,” Nicole complimented as she stared in awe.

“Yeah she is, but not as pretty as Nic,” Jaejin nodded but said the last part in his mind.

Hoya shook his head, “I dumped her about 4 minutes ago. She’s too bratty for my taste, so I’m currently single.”

“For now,” Dongwoon added with a disgusted tone.

“Any who, shall we start our little competition?” Hoya gleamed.

Nicole nodded while Junhyung, Dongwoon, and Jaejin bit their lip.

“Actually, I don’t think-“Dongwoon called out but was interrupted by Hoya, who was too busy dragging Nicole down a hallway.

The boys followed behind them as they went down the salon hallway and stood in front of a brown colored door. 

"We are here," Hoya smiled while the others gave him a questioning look. 

He grabbed the knob and pushed the door open. Inside the room, there were 2 wigs placed on a table in the center of the room with a supply table next to it. In front of the table was a big camera that you would see a production crew would use. There were a couple of chairs near a table at the end of the room with a little refrigartor. 

"What's all this?" Nicole looked at Hoya as she pointed to the camera.

Hoya smile widened, "Oh yes, I forgot to tell you. I run a show, where I battle against other hairstylist."

Nicole looked at him in disbelief, "What? You don't believe me? Go ask them."

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot you had a show," Jaejin hit his head.

Junhyung shrugged, "I wasn't sure if he was actually going to broadcast it or not. He's hard to predict sometimes."

"That's why we didn't really want you to compete with him," Jaejin pointed at Hoya.

Hoya grabbed Nicole's hand and nudged her to come to the table, "So let's get started!"

Jaejin and Junhyung were about to jump in as if some one was going to kidnap Nicole any second but stopped as soon as they saw Dongwoon grabbing his shoulder. Hoya froze and looked at Dongwoon with a puzzle expression while Nicole gave him a 'you better not' face. Dongwoon smirked in response as he was opened his mouth as he tried to say something, a hand grabbed his arm.

"Dongwoon, I need to talk with you," Nicole said as he dragged him into the hallway.

She shutted the door, separating them from the rest in the other room. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Nicole hissed at him.

He leaned onto the wall of the hallway, "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to have a fair match with your brother here!" Nicole said.

"How's it fair when you have an injured hand?" 

"But it doesn't hurt!" Nicole argued.

"Mhmm, says the person you yelped when I touched her hand," Dongwoon scoffed.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to lose!" Nicole said with confidence.

"With that hand of yours? You know it's bad for a hairstylist to hurt their hand," Dongwoon added.

Nicole pouted, knowing what he was saying was true. But she wanted to compete so badly so she started to brainstorm some ideas or excuses to pursue Dongwoon. Then an idea came in mind.

"Do you remember our bet that we made before?" Nicole asked.

"Yeah, why-" Dongwoon nodded but stopped, knowing what she was trying to do, "Don't you dare."

Nicole grinned, "You have to let me compete with your brother."

"No way," he still disagreed.

"Please!~" Nicole gave him her best puppy eyes. 

Dongwoon had to admit that her puppy eyes were hard to say no to. He finally heaved out a loud sigh, telling her he gave in.

"Fine," Dongwoon said.

Nicole clapped happily, "YAY!~"

They walked back into the room, where they find the 3 boys resting on the couch. The boys turned their head, hearing Nicole and Dongwoon coming in.

"Welcome back!~" Jaejin waved as he sipped his water.

Hoya got up and walked towards Nicole, "So are we going get started?"

Nicole smiled, "Neh!~"

Hoya then walked towards the equipment and started to set everything up while the others stared at him, as if he was some kind of legendary bug. He then gestured Nicole to stand next to the wigs as he was fixing the camera. Hoya then jumped in front of the camera, which started to blink. 

"5...4...3...2," he started to say out loud, "Hello everyone! I'm Hoya, for those who don't know me."

Dongwoon, Junhyung, and Jaejin stared at Hoya, who was doing introductions. 

"I thought you weren't going to let Nicole compete?" Jaejin looked at Dongwoon.

He heaved out a loud sigh, "I tried but she used the bet against me."

"Chincha? I didn't think she would use that against you," Jaejin raised his eye brows. 

Dongwoon agreed, "She really wanted to compete with Hyung."

"More like she really hated how he shows off," Junhyung smirked, causing Dongwoon and Jaejin looking at him confused.

"Now the rules are: 1. You can only use the equipment her but you could use your own cutting scissors 2. The time limit is 12 minutes 3. You may not make any more changes after the time has ran out," Hoya explained and then turned to see if Nicole is ok with everything.

Nicole gestured him it was ok, so he turned back to the camera and started to talk some more. While he was talking, Nicole secretly massaged her hand, hoping she could relieve some pain. She slowly grabbed her cutting scissors and tried to get more comfortable holding it with her hand hurting.

"Today's hair style will be a for dates. Now with everything said," Hoya stood beside Nicole and pulled out his cutting scissor, "LET'S START!"

With that said, they quickly started cutting. Nicole was cutting smoothly, making it look like she wasn't even hurt. While Hoya was cutting swiftly with a relax look planted on his face. 

"Nicole seems to be cutting pretty swiftly," Jaejin stared in awe.

Dongwoon nodded, "It doesn't even seem like she's even hurt."

Soon the timer ringed, telling everyone 12 minutes has passed. Hoya and Nicole stopped what they were doing to the wigs and stared at their design. Nicole dropped her cutting scissor on the floor as she smiled proudly at her design.     

Hoya placed his scissors onto the table and walked in front of the camera, "Everyone, please go to HoyaH.com to vote for the best. Remember there is only 5 minutes in voting, so please hurry!"

The wigs looked like this:

Hoya's: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGhFEYHueWft8124hJjMq                     Nicole's:  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKZTxqK2v2MwFxZjcOF2Z

The camera then stopped blinking, so Nicole's three friends ran towards her, checking if her hand was ok. While Hoya was focusing on his laptop, trying to edit and do some things. Dongwoon helped massage her hand while Nicole bit her lip, trying to stop herself from yelping. After 5 minutes of resting and talking, Hoya told Dongwoon, Jaejin, and Junhyung to go behind the camera as he held his laptop in his hand. Nicole stood in her original position, while Hoya stood in front of the camera, waiting for it to start blinking again. 

When it finally did, Hoya smiled and said, "Welcome back! The polls are now close for voting. Thanks for everyone that participated."

He then opened his laptop and started to click some few buttons, "Now to announce the winner.. Which is.."

Clicking a button, he smiled, "IT'S A TIE!"

Nicole's heart started to skip a beat as she tried to contain her happiness till Hoya finished with the ending. After Hoya finished with the ending and the camera stopped blinking, Nicole ran towards her friends with a big hug.

"I didn't lose!" Nicole yelled excitedly, surprising her friends.

They stared at each other but then wrapped their arms around her, congratulating her. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Well it seems like it's just a little sprain in your hand," the doctor explained, finishing up bandaging her hand. "You're very lucky it isn't as critical than it could be."

"How long will my hand fully heal?"

"I would say 2-3 weeks, so I wouldn't be doing anything that involves your right hand," the doctor instructed, looking through her papers.

"Alright," Nicole responded back.

The doctor smiled at her, "You're free to go, please take care of yourself,neh?"

"Neh!~" Nicole got up and bowed before exiting. 

She walked out of the office and entered the waiting room of the hospital, where Dongwoon, Hoya, Jaejin, and Junhyung were waiting impatiently.

"Nicole!~" the 4 called in sync as they walked towards her.

Nicole showed her right bandaged hand, "I'm fine."

Jaejin heaved out a loud sigh in relief, "That's good, I was worried that it might've been serious."

Nicole patted Jaejin's shoulder, telling him she's alright, then turned her attention to Hoya, "You knew I was injured?"

"Pretty much," Hoya stuffed his right hand in his back pants pocket.

"How?"

Hoya pointed to her face, "Your facial expression pretty much explained it."

Nicole placed both her hands on her cheeks and blushed, "Chincha? I thought no one noticed."

"Don't worry, only Junhyung and Hoya were able to tell," Dongwoon patted Nicole's head.

Nicole pouted, "Then next time, I want a even match with you."

Hoya smirked, "Fine with me, but too bad it was a tie. I really wanted you to call me Oppa."

Junhyung scoffed, "What makes you think she will call you that?"

"Because I am fit to be an Oppa," Hoya said with confidence.

Dongwoon rolled his eyes, "Dream on Hyung."

"Anyway," Jaejin started to rub his stomach, "can we eat dinner?!"

Nicole agreed, "Yeah, I'm hungry."

Junhyung, Dongwoon, and Hoya laughed at their behavior and nodded. The five exited out of the hospital and got into Hoya's silver BMW.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxuucZb5rzKaE_Y7gniiW

Junhyung (left), Nicole (middle), and Jaejin (right) sat in the back while Hoya and Dongwoon sat in the front. Hoya started the engine, and soon they were out of the hospital parking lot.

"Where do you guys want to eat?" Hoya looked at the rear-view mirror.

Nicole's eyes litted up, "Buffet?~"

Jaejin nodded in agreement, "Buffet!"

"I'm fine with it," Junhyung shrugged, uninterested.

"Hyung, do you know any near here?" Dongwoon looked at his brother.

Hoya nodded and smiled, "I think I know one."

After driving for 15 minutes, the arrived in front of a buffet called "Empire Garden". As soon as Hoya parked, they got out and stretched. Junhyung analyzed the place and began to raise a brow.

"Isn't this place really hard to get into?" Junhyung questioned.

Hoya shrugged as he started to walk to the front door of the buffet, making the others follow behind. There were many people inside and outside of the buffet, just waiting for their table. Squeezing through people inside, the members of FT. Beaut. found Hoya talking to a staff member, who was nodding to what he was saying. The worker pulled out her walkie talkie and waited for a moment to get a response. As soon as she got a response she looked at Hoya and pointed to a person that was waving his arm near an empty table. Hoya smiled towards the 4 figures, staring at him in disbelief, and gestured them to follow. They walked towards a table next to the windows on the left side of the restraunt. They all sat down as the waitress took out a notepad and a pen.

"What would you like to drink?" she asked.

"5 waters please," Hoya gave a charming smile.

She wrote down on the pad with a blush on her face and excused herself.

"How did you get us in here?" Nicole asked in awe, as she examined the fancy buffet.

"I know the owner," Hoya answered nonchalantly.

All of them 'oh'ed and soon went to get their food. Hoya and Dongwoon were the first ones to come back to the table. Sitting across from each other, they digged into their food in silence, only the people in the buffet could be heard. 

Hoya took a bite from his steak, "So Dongwoon, when are you going to confess to her?"

Dongwoon choked on his food so he took a sip from his water, "Bwoh?!"

His brother rolled his eyes, "Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Tell me already, pali~"

Knowing that Hoya wouldn't buy it, he sighed, "I don't know yet."

While back at Seoul, Mir and Gyuri were at a coffee shop, just hanging out. Gyuri sipped her cup of hot chocolate in her hands as she stared at Mir, who was looking out at the window.

"So when are you going to tell her?" Gyuri bluntly asked, breaking the silence between them.

Mir forced a laugh, not wanting to talk about this, "Always straight foreword as usual."

She rolled her eyes, "Just answer the question."

Mir wrapped his hands around his warm cup, "Mollayo."

"Now that Jaejin's back, aren't you afraid he might take her away from you?"

Mir gave a small small and shook his head, "Ani, because he is the same as me."

"As you?" Gyuri looked at him confused.

He nodded his head, "We're afraid that we might not be able to protect Cole."

"What about Dongwoon-shi?"

Taking a sip of his drink, he said, "He's the real competition."

 


Oh my god! Finally finished updating Beastly Pop! Mianhae for such a slow update!! I had problems with this fanfic..(I was quite mad) I'll try my best to update as soon as possible. It's hard for me to get new ideas for scences since I don't want to copy my other fanfics... -_- reading mangas to get inspirations for scenes keke.. I'm so not prepared... T^T Mianhae!! Thanks to maknaejiren for being understanding about my situation! 

Saranghae to all my subscribers for being patient and being awesome (as usual)!! <3 

Updating Updating, please don't unsubscribe if I take long!! *bows*

Please comment or subscribe (if you haven't)!