Chapter 10

Beastly Pop

- Author's POV -

After walking for a few minutes, Nicole finally reached her house. Pushing the sore door open, she could already smell the sweet scent of strawberry shampoo.

"I'm back" Nicole yelled in the shop. 

Since Nicole's house is part of a hair salon, there would usually be a customer getting their hair done by her dad. Which was happening right now actually. 

"Welcome back," Her dad said while cutting the woman's hair." Can you clean the floor for me?"

Nicole nodded and tied her hair back before placing a hat over her head. She started to sweep the floor when a hand tugged her shirt.

"Can I have a pretty hair cut like mommy?" she heard a little girl's voice asked softly. 

Nicole looked down at the girl and smiled,"Of course you can. All you need is just a little magic." 

Taking the girl by the hand, Nicole took her outside in the cool air and told her to sit on a plushed blue chair. Nicole began to cut her hair while the little girl talked about whatever she wanted while she responded back when needed. 

"Almost done, just need to put this.....Done," Nicole smiled.

The little girl's hair was short and cute with a heart shape hairpin holding her bangs.The ends were slightly curl to give it a natural feeling. 

"Wow!~ Mommy look!~~" the girl exclaimed and ran back inside to show her mom. 

Nicole was glad that she didn't make a mistake just like she did when she was little. She made someone happy, it made her heart warm. 

"So was our little Nicy doing magic," Yunho teased, hugging Nicole.

"Yeah, so what I was helping," Nicole blushed.

"Hey Jaejoong, I think you need to look out for your new rival," Yunho grinned at Jaejoong. 

"Nahh, I'm still better than her. She still has ways to go."

"Yah, you wish. I beated you a long time ago," Nicole payfully hit Jaejoong arms.

"Hey Cole, don't hurt my haircutting arm. Control you manly strength," Jaejoong playfully joked, earning a laugh from Yunho

"Yah, Oppa don't laugh. It's not funny," Nicole pouted.

"Mianhae," Yunho patted her head, surpassing his laughter. 

They continued to talk but what they didn't know that they were being watched from afar. 

"So Dongwoon has a new rival."

 

Tomorrow had finally arrived, and it was windy as ever. Nicole had Physical Education (P.E.) with Gyuri and Mir, while Dongwoon had English with Junhyung. 

"Hey Gyuri," Nicole tried getting her attention. 

"Yeah?"

"Isn't your hair gonna be a mess if you don't tie it? It's pretty windy," Nicole asked.

"Yeah, I know, but I don't have a hairband," Gyuri explained. She saw Nicole take out the hairband from her hair and handed it to her. Surprised, she looked at her,"What about your hair? Wouldn't it be a mess too?"

"Don't worry, it won't," Nicole said.  

Once the teacher began the timer, everyone started to run like usual.

- Dongwoon's POV -

Class was really boring. Boring enough for me to watch the PE class run in the fields. I continued to watch when I spotted a familiar figure. 

There's that idiot again with her friends. Her hair was untied; stupid. The wind is going to make her hair even more messed up and she said I was an idiot. A smirk formed on my mouth. A sudden gush of wind blew, making the girls hair fly back for a while. Now her hair is definitely going to get ruined.

When the wind stopped, my eyes were on the idiot. Every single piece of hair went back into place!

"What is wrong with that head!" I accidently bursted out my thoughts in class. 

Everyone stared at me weirdly. God kill me now.

"Dongwoon-shi, sit down," the teacher said, slightly annoyed. 

"Mianhae," I bowed before sitting back down.

'You sure are the idiot,' Junhyung thought, smirking at Dongwoon.