Marilynn

A new begin

Sophie Smith

Jin went to school and I was laying in my bed. I stared out the window thinking about yesterday. About Taehyung who carried me, the police officer, James and telling Taehyung about the accident. The accident. I sighed nobody knows the truth except for my friends and little sister. Jin thinks he know everything but he doesn’t. I want to tell him but I can’t. He will be to worried. I tried to stop thinking about it. I closed my eyes. I saw him when we first meet, when we first kissed, when I broke up with him, when he shot my with a gun in the public, when he kidnapped me and ashia, when he killed her, when he threatened me that this wasn’t over. I opened my eyes and tried to forget about him.

My phone rung. ‘Hello with Sophie’ ‘Hi Sophie, I’m home later. I got detention but I gave Jungkook the key and he is coming to visit you and giving the homework okay?’ ‘Okay’ He hung up and I waited for Jungkook.

I heard the door opening. ‘Hello’ I didn’t answer. I heard the door closing and someone was coming up the stairs. My door opened and Jungkook came in. ‘Hi, Sophie. How are you?’ I looked at him and said ‘I’m okay’. ‘Sophie, about that kiss, I’m so sorry. It just happened’ ‘It’s okay. It was just the moment I understand.’         I turned my face away and watched the sun shining on the tree that was standing almost in front of my window. I felt that he was staring at me.

Jeon Jungkook

I stared at her. ‘Could you give me my sketchbook it’s laying on my bureau’ I walked to her bureau and picked up her sketchbook. ‘Here’ and I gave it to her. She opened it and searched for something. When she found it she gave it to me. ‘Here, it’s your face right before you kissed me.’ She had drawn my face. It was very detailed ‘It’s beautiful. I mean the way of drawing not that it is my face’. The moment she wanted to say something her laptop started to make sounds. I looked at her ‘Could you give me my laptop. My friends are skyping me.’  I gave her the laptop and she answered the skype call. ‘Hi Sophie how are y-. Sophie what happened, tell me.’ Sophie said nothing ‘Sophie, I see that something is wrong. Let me help you’ I was standing behind the laptop so I couldn’t see her friend. ‘I think I go Sophie’ I said. The girl where Sophie was skyping with answered ‘Is there a guy in your room? Mystery guy show yourself to the practical twin of Sophie.’ Sophie looked at me and I walked to her. Sophie laid her hand next to her as sign that I could sit here. I sat down and saw a girl on the screen. She looked just like Sophie. The difference was that she had blond hair and her face was a little bit different, but she had the same style hair and glasses. ‘Hello mystery guy. I’m Marilynn the practical twin of Sophie’ ‘Hi, I’m Jungkook’ ‘Do you know what happened to Sophie?’ She asked me. I answered ‘Yesterday she was gone and since then she is like this. She went to the hockey fields to-‘ ‘Clear her mind’ she finished the sentence. ‘We used to do that together, right Sophie’ Sophie nodded. ‘So Jungkook, are you Sophie’s new boyfriend because I don’t know another reason why you are in her room’ ‘No he’s not my boyfriend. He is just a friend who brought my homework because I’m sick today’ ‘Oops sorry’ she chuckled.

‘MARILYNN’ another girl screamed and entered Marilynn’s room. This girl had short, brown hair till her shoulders. She was wearing a white dress with flowers on it. She grabbed Marilynn’s hand and forced her to stand up. Then she jump around still holding Marilynn’s hands. Marilynn jumped with this girl. ‘Why are we jumping’ she screamed in English ‘I got it’ The other girl screamed back. ‘Congratulations’ They stopped jumping. The girl with the sort hair saw Sophie and me. ‘Hi Sophie and a guy that is sitting on her bed’ Sophie smiled ‘Hi, Yarah. I’m so happy that you got it’ Yarah had a wide smile on her face. ‘I’m home’ Another girl screamed. ‘Kate. Bye Sophie and guy that sitting on her bed’ and she ran the room out screaming ‘Kate, I got it’. Marilynn closed the door and sat down on her chair. ‘I’m sorry. Yarah is always so hyper when she gets a roll in a dance performance.’ Sophie was still smiling ‘Yah’. ‘Did I make her smile?’ she asked me. ‘Yes, you did’

 Yarah came back in the room and sat down on Marilynn’s bed. ‘Sophie, is that guy your boyfriend because he looks cute’ Marilynn’s face was getting red and Sophie chuckled ‘No, he is not’. ‘What is his name’ ‘Jungkook’ Sophie answered. Yarah smiled a little bit evil and looked at Marilynn. ‘Jungkook, watch out because Marilynn has a crush on you’ Marilynn looked at her and said ‘I have not.’ ‘Yes you do, you are getting red’ ‘I’m not. No go away or I will break your leg and then you can’t dance at your performance’ Yarah chuckled and song ‘Marilynn and Jungkook-’ Marilynn threw a pillow at her and Yarah left. Sophie was laughing. Marilynn looked back at us ‘Sorry I need to go. If Kate is home then is Luna also home and Luna promised me to help with mathematics. Bye Sophie and Jungkook’ Sophie waved and stopped the skype call.

Marilynn Vermeer

Sophie waved and stopped the skype call. I grabbed my mathematics stuff and went to Luna’s room. Luna was sitting on her bed. Her room looks as a normal teen girls room except for the 2 computer screens and the laptop on her bureau. Luna was very good with computers. She was our little computer nerd. She can hack almost every site if she wants. ‘Hi, Luna could you help my with Math. You promised.’ ‘Okay but first, can you grab the EHBO kit because I bleed’ I sighed. Luna was one of the clumsiest persons you will ever meet. She stumbles over almost everything. I went to the bathroom because there is where we keep the EHBO kit. I grabbed some bandages and went back to Luna. ‘Thank you’ ‘Why are you always so clumsy’ ‘I don’t know. But I’m not clumsy when it comes down to computers and dancing’ That was truth. She was as I already said really good with computers. An when she dances she doesn’t fall that mucht. ‘Let’s start okay? Where is your book?’ ‘Here’. She tried to explain it but I couldn’t concentrate. I was thinking about Jungkook. He is handsome and he seemed really kind. ‘He Marilynn’ Luna waved her hand for my face. ‘Huh what’ ‘What are thinking about?’ ‘Nothing’ Luna looked at me. Yarah came in. ‘Lucy wants to talk to us’ ‘Okay we are coming’ Luna said. We followed her and sat down on the couch.

‘Okay guys. We have work to do.’ ‘Who?’ Luna asked. Lucy answered ‘Mister Olivers, the dad of James. The office wants us to find out if his company smuggles drugs. There is an party on 6 December in Korea so Sophie can come with us. The party is giving in one of Mister Olivers houses so we can search for the drugs.’ We all nodded. ‘Luna, try to hack the shipping files. Marilynn try to find everything about him and his son. Yarah you find information about the company. The rest comes later’ We all nodded again and Yarah, Luna and I went upstairs. I sat down by my laptop and started my research about Mister Olivers and James. I was like the stalker of the group. I know everything about everybody. I know what picture they last uploaded on social media, how many likes it got and who last reacted. It was my job to research all the people.

After an hour I had all information about them. I laid down and watch to the stars on my ceiling. Sophie had painted them. They glow when the room is dark. I tried to remember how it was when she painted them. Suddenly I saw Jungkook’s face. Why can’t I stop thinking about this guy. I don’t even know him that good. I sighted I miss Sophie and I’m really happy that I will see her again in December. But it’s so far away. This weekend comes Sinterklaas to the Netherlands. I used to go to the entry with Sophie, her little sister Ann and her little brother. Only Sophie and Ann are family but her family decided to be a foster home so they have a little brother. He is about 6 years and really cute. Ann is 13 years old.

 Somebody knocked at my door ‘Yah’ ‘Hi, Marilynn. What are you doing?’ It was Yarah. ‘I’m thinking’ ‘About your new crush?’ She teased me. ‘Maybe’ ‘Ohlala’ I sat up and she came sitting next to me. ‘You know that Lucy is not going to like that.’ I sighed ‘Yes, I know’ Lucy thinks that you can’t love somebody when you don’t know them. She also says that guys distract us from our work. ‘But he was cute and he seemed nice. Sophie trusts him so why can’t we?’ Yarah looked at me. ‘You know why’ she said and she left the room. Yes I know. Last time Sophie trusted a guy he tried to kill her and he killed little Ashia. Ashia was also a kid that was living by Sophie because she is a foster family. I grabbed my schoolbooks and made my homework.

Sophie Smith

Jungkook was still looking at the screen. ‘So what do think of her?’ I asked ‘She seems nice’. I looked at him. ‘Why does she calls herself your practically twin?’ He looked at me. ‘Because we look like we are twins. Also we think and say thing on the same moment and sometime we just look at each other and we just know what the other thinks. We are born on the same day and Marilynn’s mother is the best friend of my Mom. So we know each other since our birth.’ ‘Really?’ I smiled ‘Yes’

 The bell rung. ‘That is probably Jin’ I said. Jungkook and I stood up and we went downstairs. I opened the door and there was Jin. He came in and hung his jacket up. ‘Sophie, you look better than this morning are you feeling better? Does your ankle hurts?’ ‘Yes, I’m feeling much better and my ankle doesn’t hurt that much anymore’ ‘Good.’ We went to the living room. ‘Oppa, why did you got detention?’ ‘I fell asleep’. It was awkwardly quiet. ‘I think I go now’ Jungkook said. ‘Yah. Thank you for bringing Sophie her homework’ ‘No problem. Bye’ And he went to the door. He opened it and I waved at him. Jin closed the door.

‘Did I interrupt you two?’ He asked. ‘What are you talking about?’ Jin shook his head. ‘You know what I’m talking about.’ Wait did he meant that Jungkook and I were making out? ‘Wait do think that Jungkook and I…’ ‘Well Jungkook is never so quit’ ‘So because Jungkook is quit you think that we did something’ I was getting angry. Why does Jin thinks that. ‘Yes. Look I understand he is handsome and kind but-‘ ‘You don’t understand. We did nothing. Why do you think that?’ ‘Because it seemed like I interrupted you. He likes girls like you and I don’t want that he is going to break your heart’ Now I was getting really angry and I started to scream at him. ‘YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND A THING’ He replied calm ‘Then tell me’ ‘WE DID NOTHING. AND IF YOU WANT THAT NOBODY BREAKS MY HEART WHY DON’T YOU LOCK ME IN MY ROOM’ Now Jin was also getting angry. ‘Maybe I should’ I walked angry away to the living room. ‘And why do you think that I’m making out with him. I don’t even know him good.’ Jin walked after me. ‘Because last year a lot happened and you just want to forget.’ ‘So you are saying that I’m weak’ ‘No I didn’t’ ‘YES YOU DID. I’M STRONGER THAN YOU THINK. STOP PRETENDING THAT I’M A LITTLE GIRL’ I ran the stairs up and went into my room. I hit the door and let me fall onto my bed. I tried to concentrate on something so the anger would flow away but I didn’t work. I stood up and went to my bookcase and searched for my photobook. It was right next to my art book. I went back to my bed with the photobook in my hands.

After an hour or two Jin knocked on my door and opened it. ‘Ughh go away’ He didn’t left. I was laying on my bed and with my hand I searched the ground for thing I could throw at him. On the ground were laying mostly clothes and I started to throw them at him. I threw a shirt, some pant my bra and a lot of socks. ‘GO AWAY’ I screamed. ‘Sophie’ I now had a book in my hand. ‘Go away or I will throw this book to your head. He left and I started to cry. I’m still angry that he thinks I’m a little girl and that he is the one that needs to care for me. I started to look in the photobook again. I saw photos of me and my little sister, with my parents, with my little sister and brother ad with my friend. I closed my eyes and fell asleep with the photobook holding to my chest and my glasses on.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I had my last test!

I hope you guys like the story so far. I really want to know what you think about it so plaese comment!