The Date

A new begin

Sophie Smith

‘You look like an idiot’ I said to him. He still smiled. We walked further and it was becoming less busy. I was still holding his hand. I wanted to let go but his hand was so big and warm. Our hands fitted precisely in each other. I was staring at our hands when he squeezed mine a little bit. I look up ‘We are almost there.’ And he smiled to me. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach. What is he doing to me I let go of his hand. We were at a big mall. ‘Wow, this mall is giant’ He laughed. ‘Come’ and he walked to the entrance. I followed him.

We were walking past all kinds of stores. Big clothes stores, normal shoe stores and cute, little home decoration stores. I saw one cute, little store with all kinds of accessories. ‘Taehyung, look at that store. Come’ and a pulled him the store in. I remembered that I needed to buy a present for Luna for presentnight. There were all kinds of crazy hats, caps and beanies and I placed a blue cap with eyes on top of it on Taehyungs head. I looked so funny that I started to laugh really hard. He placed a hat in the shape of an flower on mine head. We both looked at the mirror and laughed. I placed my hat back and looked by the photo frames. There was on that looked like an computer. I decided to buy that one for Luna. Taehyung looked at the frame. ‘For who is it?’ ‘For a friend. In the Netherlands you have presentnight. It’s like Christmas. It’s on 5 December and then she is here.’ I gave the money to the cashier and took the bag with the photo frame in it. We walked out of the store when my stomach growled really loud. Taehyung laughed ‘Let’s eat something.’ I blushed a little bit. ‘Okay.’

We went to a café. ‘What do you want?’ He asked. ‘I don’t know.’ I ended up with a salad and some tea. We sat by the window. ‘What do you think of our date so far?’ I took a bite of my salad ‘Not as bad as I expected’ I think this is one of the best dates after the accident and I smiled. Taehyung was now acting a little bit nervous. ‘Can I ask you why you had that panic attack at the subway?’ . I can’t tell him ‘It was just that something bad happened at a subway when I was little.’ He looked worried at me. ‘Okay, if you say so’ and he started to eat. We ate in silence. After we were done and Taehyung paid we walked to the exit of the mall.

It was already 16.30 when we walked out of the mall. ‘Do you want to go with the subway again or walk?’ He asked. ‘I prefer to go walking.’ He nodded and we walked in silence further. ‘So your friends are coming in December.’

Kim Taehyung

‘So your friends are coming in December.’ ‘Yes. They will come on the first of December and I’m really looking forward to it.’ She smiled widely but then she made a weird face. She sneezed really hard and made another weird face but this time she didn’t sneezed. I started to laught. ‘Don’t laugh at me’ and she hit me playfully. ‘Then you shouldn’t make such weird faces.’ ‘That was my naturel I-need-to-sneeze face.’ I was still laughing. ‘You are mean’ she said. ‘Ahw, poor Sophie. Should I hug you.’ We were standing still ow. ‘No, I don’t hug mean people’ she stuck her tongue out and ran away. ‘You get a hug if you catch me.’ She screamed. ‘Be ready I’m coming.’ And we ran the street out. At the end of the street was an park. We ran around the park. This girl is fast. After ten minutes of running I finally catched her. ‘Got you.’ And I smiled. ‘Okay, you will get a hug.’ She said. Her head was as red as a tomato from the running. She hugged me. Her arms around my waist and her head was laying on my chest. I hugged her back. We were standing like this for a few minutes when a voice interrupted us.

‘C-C-Could y-you h-h-help me f-find m-my m-mommy.’ A little girl said. Sophie squatted down. ‘Of course we will help you.’ The little girl started to cry. ‘I was p-p-playing and t-t-then sh-sh-she was-s g-g-gone.’ Sophie hugged the little girl. ‘We will find her. Come.’ She picked the little girl up and carried her to a bench. She sat down with the little girl on her lap. ‘How does your mommy look like?’ Sophie asked the girl. ‘She has brown hair and is shorter than you. She is really pretty like you.’ I saw that Sophie blushed. ‘We will find her.’ But the girl started to cry again. Sophie hugged the girl with one hand while the other was patting her head. ‘Ssh, everything will be okay.’ The girl was still crying. Sophie started to sing really soft. Her voice sounded so beautiful. I didn’t understand what she was singing. Probably a Dutch song. The girl calmed down and fell asleep in Sophie’s arms. I sat down next to Sophie.

‘You have a really beautiful voice you know.’ Sophie blushed. She wanted to say something when a women came running to us. ‘My little baby. You found her.’ The girl woke up. ‘Mommy, mommy’ and jumped from Sophie’s lap and runned towards her Mom. The woman came walking to us with the little girl by the hand. ‘Thank yo so much! Here, some money to thank you.’ Sophie looked at the money. ‘No, thank you. I don’t think we deserve it since we only calmed her down.’ The woman looked at Sophie. ‘Oh, well’ and she gave the money to me. ‘You took care of my baby girl. You two deserve it.’ And the woman walked away.

‘I didn’t do anything so here’ and I gave the money to her. She looked at me. I smiled and she took the money. ‘You are kinda cute when you smile.’ She said. ‘What did you say?’ She blushed a little bit. ‘That you are cute when you smile.’ ‘What?’ ‘That you are really ugly when you smile. Stop teasing me Taehyung. You heard me the first time didn’t you.’ I smirked ‘Maybe.’ She stood up. I also stood up. ‘So you think I’m cute’ I asked her. ‘Maybe’ I stepped closer to her. ‘Stop teasing me.’ I said trying to imitate her voice. She laughed at that. ‘You sounded like a guy that was kicked in the balls.’ I also laugh.

A cold breeze made Sophie shiver and it started to rain. Not a little bit but really hard. The wind also blew around. There was a storm coming. ‘We need to there is a storm coming.’ Sophie said. ‘My house is not far from here. We will warm up there and then I will bring you home okay?’ ‘Okay, let’s go.’ And we started to walk really fast almost running. After a few minutes we arrived at my home. I rung the bell since my hands are too cold to unlock the door with my keys. ‘Taehyung’

Sophie Smith

‘Taehyung’ a girl said. Taehyung smiled. ‘Hi sis.’ And he walked inside. I followed him. ‘Taehyung is that you?’ and a women came to the hall. ‘Oh, you brought a girl with you.’ I looked at the ground. ‘Mom, this is Sophie. I brought her because of the storm.’ He said the word storm and you heard thunder. I looked at the woman. ‘Hello’ I said. ‘Hello, I’m Mrs. Kim. Taehyung give her some dry clothes. Sophie I think it best if you stay the night the storm is going to be over quickly.’ I nodded and the woman walked away. ‘Do you have some clothes for Sophie?’ He asked his sister. ‘Of course.’ She smiled kindly at me. I hung my jacket up and followed the girl to her room. ‘Here, this sweatpants is me too big. I think you could better borrow a T-Shirt from Taehyung.’ I nodded and she went to Taehyung. ‘Give me a T-Shirt for Sophie.’ ‘Here.’ She came back with a black T-Shirt. ‘You can change in the bathroom.’ And she showed me the bathroom. I locked the door and slowly changed. The sweatpants fitted perfect. I looked in the mirror and saw the scars on my stomach. With my finger I carefully followed the lines that he made with his knife. Somebody knocked on the door. ‘Sophie, are you ready.’ I heard Taehyung saying. I quickly putted on his shirt, grabbed my clothes and unlocked the door. ‘Ready’ He looked at me. ‘Give me your clothes, I will hang them out.’ I gave him the clothes and he left with them. After moment he came back. ‘Let’s go to my room.’ I nodded.

He opened a door and let me in. He plopped down on his bed. ‘Come.’ And he patted a spot next to me. He had a two person bed and I walked towards him. I sat down on the edge but he pulled me next to him. ‘Taehyung!’ He laughed at my reaction. We were laying next to each other facing the ceiling. We were laying like that for a few minutes when my phone started to ring. I looked at the screen to see that it was Jin. I answered the call. ‘Hi, oppa.’ ‘Sophie, where are you?’ Taehyung looked at me. ‘I’m at Taehyungs house. His mother suggest that I better could stay here since that storm.’ I heard that he let something fall. ‘Okay, but don’t do things you are going to regret.’ I sighted. ‘Oppa! Why would I do that? But I need to hang up. See you tomorrow.’ ‘Bye.’ And he hung up. Taehyung smirked. ‘Did mommy called you to check on you.’ I hitted him playfully. ‘At least I have more than 1 mommy to check on me.’ We just looked at each other. My heart started to beat faster and my stomach felt weird. I know this feeling and I had sworn that I would never feel this again What are you doing to me Taehyung. I sighted and sat up. I turned around so my back faced him. ‘What are you doing?’ He asked. I felt the urged to draw something. I always want to draw soething when I can’t think straight like now. ‘Do you have some paper and pencils?’ ‘Uhm yes.’ He stood up and grabbed some papers and pencils. ‘Here.’ He gave it to me. I thankfully took them. He also gave me a book to lay the papers on. I sat down with my back leaning to the wall. He just laid back on bed.

Kim Taehyung

I was laying on bed looking to the TV that was in my room. I had set up an animation. I saw in the corner of my eye that Sophie was busy drawing. Sometimes see peeked above her paper, looked at me and started to draw again. I just wanted to ask what see was drawing when my little sister came in. She had her hands for her eyes. ‘Mom asks if you two are coming to eat.’ She finally removed her hand to see that I was watching TV and that Sophie was drawing. ‘Well, that’s strange. Usually if there is a girl in your room you two are making out.’ Sophie looked up. ‘I’m feeling sorry you.’ She said to my little sister. ‘I don’t even understand what the girls are seeing in him.’ And them both started to laugh. ‘Me neither.’ My little sister said. Sophie laid her drawing away and stood up. ‘Sre you coming?’ She asked I nodded. I walked after her but my sister stopped me. ‘Don’t play with her heart. She is too kind.’ And walked to Sophie who was waiting by the stairs. She smiled to me before walking downstairs.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today a shorter chapter, this is because I'm going to try to update tomorrow a new update.

In the next chaper will be a little bit of Sophie at Taehyung's house and a lot of Sophie seeing her friends agian.

I hope you liked it and please comment!