Chapter one

A new begin

Chapter one: First day at school

Sophie Smith

So here I am. In a new country, starting at a new school, being a new ‘person’, or just a whole new beginning. So standing in front of my new school I started to wonder how good this idea was. I mean can I really start over? Can I forget all those awful things that happened? I know for sure that I can’t forget my friends. I mean who can forget their saviors, their lifelines, the reason why I’m still here.

Oh gosh I’m so rude, I didn’t even introduced myself! I’m Sophie, Sophie Smith. I just moved to Seoul, Korea from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. As you may guessed I’m here to start over. Some pretty intense things happened and I had no other choice then to move and start over. So now I’m standing in front of my new school, and let me just tell you that the building is pretty scary. I saw all your typical high school groups, you had the jocks, the popular group(almost the same as the jocks, but there are a lot more people wo don’t do sports), the nerds, etc. I think I even saw the ‘Kings’ and ‘Queens’ walking into the building.

After a while I decided to go inside. “Here we go.” I muttered quietly to myself. As I walked inside I noticed that the building was much bigger then I had expected. How can I possibly find all my classes? Oh no, I’m so getting lost

I searched for the service desk, and found it relatively quick, okay maybe not that quick, I mean first period already started and I’m absolutely going to miss the rest of it. I found an older looking lady sitting behind the desk. I coughed to make sure she noticed me. She looked up from the sound and watched me with curiosity in her eyes. “Hello dear, can I help you?” she asked while smiling kindly. “Uhm, yes, I’m new here and I don’t have a timetable yet.” “So you are the new student here? I already heard about you, the principle said that you had perfect grades at your old school. Your name is Sophie right?” I nodded while the lady pulled out some papers. “Okay, so here is your timetable and a small map. If you have any questions, just ask me, okay?” “Of course” I said while smiling at her. “You can skip the rest of the first period, you can familiarize yourself before you go to your second period.” “Thank you some much.” I waved before walking to the entrance hall. I really hope that all people here will be so kind to me as her.

I looked at my timetable and saw that I had Math as second period. I looked at the map and started searching the classroom when my phone suddenly rang. I fished my phone out of my bag and saw that my little sister was calling me. “Hi Ann, hoe gaat het? Natuurlijk mis ik je ook!” (hi Ann, how are you? Of course I miss you too!) I was busy talking to her that I didn’t notice that somebody heard the conversation

 

Kim Seokjin

I was walking through the hall, I was late for the first period since I overslept. I didn’t want to go to class so I was just walking through the halls. Suddenly I heard a phone ringing. I stopped walking and listened to the ringing. A girls voice answered the phone in another language. Dutch. It was the language that a exchange student spoke when she lived with me and my family. She was really nice and we were really close, I couldn’t contain contact with her and that still disappoints me. I mean she is like a little sister, so I took it hard when I never heard of her again. I wonder what happened. Maybe she is coming back one day? I noticed that the hall became silent again. I decided to walk further and just act like I didn’t hear anything at all.

 

Sophie Smith

I ended the call. It was sweet that she called, she set a timer to make sure that it was day in Korea. She wished me luck and asked about the school. I told her how nervous I was to get accepted into the school. She also asked if there were cute boys, she is kinda boy crazy, even if she is only 13 years old. I smiled the whole conversation, she always knows how to make it better. I decided to walk to the classroom where my second period should take place. I wasn’t even around the corner before I bumped into someone. “Oh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t looking” I apologize to the person. I looked up to see a boy, around my age maybe even older. When I looked closer I realized that he was the guy that I saw as my older brother, he was the guy where I stayed when I was studying here as an exchange student. His face hasn’t changed at all, he still looked like the guy where I could go to with all my problems. “Jin?” I croaked out

 

Kim Seokjin

When I walked around the corner, I bumped into somebody. “Oh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t looking” said the person I bumped into, or rather the girl I bumped into. So this is the girl that I heard talking? I looked at her, observing her. She was pretty, she had red-blondish hair, it just looked like gold because she was standing in the sunlight. She had her hair in a bun with a side pony, because of this pony you couldn’t see her left eye. She also had glasses on that shielded her eyes, but you could still see the blue, greenish color of her irises. She was also starting at me, after some seconds she croaked “Jin?”. Jin? Only my friends call me that, and Sophie. I looked better at her and realized that she looked like the Dutch exchange student from 3 years ago. It was hard to see since she changed a lot, but she still had the same kind of eyes, warm and caring. “Sophie? Is that really you? Wh-what are you doing here in Korea?”

 

Sophie Smith

He looked at me. It was kind of awkward since he was just staring at me. I saw his eyes widen when he finally recognized me. “Sophie? Is that really you? Wh-what are you doing here in Korea?” I didn’t know what to What do I need to say? I can't just say that I'm here to escape the things that happened around a year ago. I can’t tell about the accident and the person who started it, the person who makes me fear my life. “Uhm, the bell is about to go and I can’t be late” I stuttered, ignoring his question and the confused look he gives me. I need to tell him at least a little bit, I can trust him. I looked around the hall and whispered, “I need to tell you something, but not here and not now.” I grabbed a pen and wrote my number on his hand. “Call me when you are free, I will come to your house and tell you.” “Sophie please t-“ I shook my head. “Not now, I need to go. I will see you later.” The bell rung and I disappeared into the crowd. Jin tried to grab my hand but I was already gone, taken away by the crowd.

 

 

-----------

Hi, guys. This is the first time I write an fanfiction. I first wrote it in my own language (dutch). I'm sorry if there are some faults in the tekst. I hope you liked to read it!

UPDATE: hey guys! so this is the first rewriten chapter! I hope you all liked it, I tried to stay as close as the original chapter so there shouldn't be too much changes, except for more explaining and fixed grammar errors. See you guys by the next update!

*Please subscribe, vote and command. I want to know what you guys think about it*