Chapter 17

Sweep Me off My Feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's place is bigger than I expected, it's a little outside of town giving it enough privacy so she can have a secret party and not having to deal with angry and gossipy neighbors, it sounds terrible if I'm being honest. Seulgi opens the car doors for us, we already hear the loud music coming from inside the house when we step outside, there's already a couple of drunk teenagers passed out on the porch, Joy laughs as we carefully pass by them being careful of not stepping on them. “Seems the party already started without us.” She comments out loud.

 

“That happens when you don't moderate yourself.” Seulgi says looking at her surroundings. “Alright girls, if you want to leave or need anything you can always look for me or Wendy but let's try to not get separated.” She opens the front door and we're hit with the loud music and the smell of alcohol, she takes a firm hold of my hand and we make our way inside the house.

 

There's spilled drinks all over the floor and people jumping up and down the living room's white couch. “I'm glad this isn't my house.” Seulgi comments on my ear as we watch someone throw a basketball from somewhere knocking down a vase making it fall and break into little pieces. “Oh, you poor bastard.” She snickers. “Parties are the best when you aren't the one getting in trouble.”

 

“Don't be mean.” I say to her squeezing her hand.

 

“Hey! Look who's back!” One of her teammates' slurs with difficulty. “It's the captain!” In a second someone arrives with drinks on their hands for us, I bring the drink to my nose and inhale its contents, I grimace catching the smell of the strong alcohol in it. “Now that your girl is here there's no excuse for you not to drink.” The girl says putting an arm around her shoulders, I giggle seeing Seulgi grimace and get her face away from her.

 

“Alright.” Seulgi sips from her drink to please the other girl who grins and lets her go to return to the party. “You don't have to drink if you don't want to.” She says to me reaching for my cup.

 

“I'm ok.” I smile at her reassuringly swatting her hand away and having a sip myself, I scrunch my nose when the bitter taste reaches my tongue, Seulgi laughs and pecks my lips a couple of times.

 

“You're cute.”

 

“Because I can't handle the taste of alcohol?” I say still scrunching my nose.

 

“Nah, I was pointing out the obvious that's all.” She pecks me again.

 

“Please leave it for when you two are drunk.” Joy complains beside us. “Or until I find someone to ignore your antics.”

 

“Sorry.” Seulgi grins shamelessly. “I'm going to look for Wendy alright? If someone approaches her.” She points at me with a thumb. “Kick them where it hurts.”

 

“Roger.” Joy salutes her. “Your girlfriend sure is possessive.” Joy says once Seulgi leaves. “We should look around.” She takes a hold of my hand, this place is a complete chaos, it's amusing to see the intoxicated teenagers stumbling on their feet and laughing like everything around them is funny, we also spot a couple heavily making out on a corner hiding in plain sight. “You and Seulgi in less than half an hour.” Joy jokes pointing at the shameless couple.

 

“Shut up!” I say slapping her arm. “No, we won't.”

 

“Please, all you two do is make out, that's why your girlfriend is always on the verge of exploding.” I can't argue against that but I can pretend I didn't hear her over the loud music, we find some friends and decide to stay with them for a while. “Don't get too close to her or Seulgi is going to kick you out.” She jokes to a girl coming closer to tell me something, the group laughs while I shyly look at my cup.

 

“She's not that possessive.” I defend my girlfriend watching the girl walk away, Joy just takes a hold of the varsity jacket Seulgi insisted I wore as soon as we entered her car when she came to pick us up, I look down at the little bear on the jacket and the words captain sewed on it and then back at Joy shyly smiling. “Alright, maybe she is.” I know she is, she has shamelessly told me herself that much, I don't mind though.

 

“One would think you would be the jealous one.” She continues.

 

“I know right?”

 

“So you and Seulgi.” Sohyun, a classmate, says with curious eyes. “Of all the people I never thought she would be your type.” I'm sure she means it the other way around but she's playing nice.

 

“I'm as surprised as you are.” I joke back. “But it happened.”

 

“I never saw you in a game or anything so I was really surprised to see her clinging to you on the hallways.”

 

“Where is she by the way?” Another classmate asks.

 

“She said she was going to look for her friend Wendy.” I explain looking down at my almost empty cup.

 

“She seems to be really into you.” She continues sipping her drink. “Dropping you off to your classroom every morning and all...lucky you.” When did I drink all of it? I take out my phone and check out the time.

 

“I should look for her.” I say to the group seeing she has been missing for more than half an hour and I'm not in the mood to amuse their curiosity about my relationship with her.

 

I walk around the house looking for the taller girl everywhere, I notice I'm getting lightheaded from the drink. I try to pass pushing away the sea of drunken people, who knew so many people could fit into a house, I mean, Wendy's place is huge but the amount of drunken teenagers in the place is unbelievable. I don't get what's so exciting about partying like this, it's uncomfortably really, the sweat, the way nobody seems to respect nobody's personal space.

 

I spot some varsity jackets in the kitchen. “Oh no, the girlfriend is here.” Someone says from inside, the tone makes me chuckle. “Need a refill?” Before I can refuse Wendy appears with another cup. “Looking for Seulgi?” I nod slowly accepting the drink. “The team has her trapped in there.” She points to the kitchen. “It's been a while since she has been with us so they are a little excited.” I furrow my brows but then I remember Seulgi saying she wasn't hanging with the team when she was...dating Krystal.

 

“You girls are getting her drunk right?” She grins sheepishly rubbing the back of her head. “Jocks.” I scoff making her laugh.

 

“Want me to call her?”

 

“Don't worry, I'll look for her myself.” She still trails behind me watching my back. I find Seulgi sitting on the kitchen's counter chugging a drink encouraged by the people surrounding her, she grimaces once she finishes her drink, I watch amused how her eyes water and she shakes her head like that's going to get rid of the taste.

 

“And this one.” She gets handle yet another shot. “It's for almost making us lose the last tournament.”

 

“We still won.” Seulgi slurs clearly a little too drunk.

 

“Is that complaining I hear?”

 

“No, no.” She grabs the shot glass and chugs it in a second and hangs her head low once she's done.

 

“Go save her before she passes out.” Wendy whispers in my ear and encouraging me with a slight push, I pass through the crowd and reach the drunk girl, she has her cheeks flushed making her look strangely adorable to me, she meets my eyes and immediately shows me that stupid grin of hers.

 

“Hey, babe.” She hops down the counter almost slipping and falling on the floor, I hold her up by the hips amused by her drunken state.

 

“You're drunk.” I point out the obvious. “I'm going to take her with me now.” I say to her teammates throwing them glares in the process.

 

“Don't look at us like that, the team has to do shots, it's a tradition.”

 

“That's true.” Seulgi defends her friends. “It's a tra-tradition.” I chuckle hearing her struggle to say the word.

 

“Speaking of that, coach keeps saying you're part of the team.” Another girl says with a glint in her eyes.

 

“Oh no, no, no.” I say shaking my head. “I'm not having any shots, I refuse.”

 

“You have to.” Someone passes me two shots filled with a brown liquid. “Consider it your initiation.”

 

“I don't want to be initiated.”

 

“They are not going to let you go if you don't drink it.” Seulgi slurs resting her head on my shoulder, I look at the glasses already grimacing and tentatively take them.

 

“So this is what people call peer pressure.” I comment looking at the girls surrounding us.

 

“Come on, do it already.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Do it.”

 

“Do it.”

 

“Shut up.” I say annoyed, without thinking too much about it I gulp down the first glass, the liquid burns my throat making me cough and my eyes water, I hear them all cheer while I close my eyes trying to keep it down.

 

“One left.” I hear Wendy say amused by my face, knowing now how awful it tastes makes it harder to swallow the second one, once again I'm a coughing mess when I manage to chug down the bitter alcohol. I turn around and bury my face on Seulgi's neck while she laughs caressing my waist.

 

“Now you're officially part of the team.” They cheer again.

 

“Can I take her with me now?” I manage to slur, they say nothing and I take Seulgi to the living room where she surprises me with an embrace, she feels hot thanks to the alcohol, she smells like alcohol too but coming from her it doesn't bother me. I turn to face her and surround her neck with my arms.

 

“Hi.” She breathes leaning in so our noses are touching. “I missed you.” She slurs giving me a sloppy kiss.

 

“You're so drunk.” I giggle tasting the bitter drink on her tongue. “Come on, let's get some fresh air.” She shakes her head cutely closing her eyes and sighing through her nose.

 

“I'm not drunk.” I giggle again feeling her rest her head on the crook of my neck, she kisses my cheek trailing to my ear, I shudder feeling the touch of her lips on me. She walks me to the now empty couch, makes me sit and immediately accommodates herself close to me. “How are you?” She says placing her head on my chest while I caress her hair.

 

“A little lightheaded but not as drunk as you are, that's for sure.”

 

“They made me drink too much.” She says sitting straight up and rubbing her eyes with her hands. “A punishment.” She explains grinning like a fool.

 

“Yeah I can tell.”

 

“They're going to pay making you drink though.” She softly says.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter