Chapter 13

Sweep Me off My Feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi has a new routine, she doesn't welcome me on the school gates anymore, nor the hallways, now she wakes up earlier in order to pick me up every morning. Sometimes too early. My mom really likes her and invites her to have breakfast with us and when she does, she would eat everything my mom gives her with pleasure even if she already had breakfast, complimenting my mom's cooking. I know she's being her charming self because my mom's cooking really .

 

It works, according to my mother, Seulgi is the best girlfriend I've brought to our place as if I had a parade of girlfriends walking here. She's really pleased with our two weeks relationship and loves to have her around which works for us since her house is out of the question for studying.

 

Seulgi is very attentive in school as well, she likes to walk me to my classroom while holding hands and come fetch me right after the school bell rings, or doing things like back hug me while I'm taking my things from my locker making the keeping a low profile thing the principal wants us to do hard. Not that we could if we wanted to, news of the desired and loved captain dating her tutor spread really quick, I mean, this is high school so I didn't expect otherwise anyway.

 

Still, I feel like we need some ground rules, or rule really, no kissing during school hours. She wasn't too pleased with the idea but I don't want to contribute to the image of her being some slacker, and people seeing us making out on the hallways doesn't exactly sell a responsible student image.

 

She's insisted on me wearing her varsity jacket, how more cliché can you get? I refused though, I don't want to walk around school with a jacket that says captain in the back, I know girls would kill for it, even Joy asked me if she gave me her jacket with her eyes lighten up, but that's not who I am, I'm not interested in that kind of attention.

 

“Why not?” She had whined with her arms extended begging me to take the jacket from her. “It's a tradition! You date a girl, you give her your jacket, that way everybody knows you're dating me.” She grinned like that was making her case any better.

 

“That's exactly why.” I rolled my eyes. “It feels like a prize, like I'm bragging you.” I grimaced at the thought of being paired up with her annoying fangirls.

 

“I'm worth the bragging.” She had joked making me laugh. “I don't mind really.”

 

“Well, I do. It makes me look like I'm dating you because you're the captain.” I explained to her invading her space and playing with her collar shirt, just to make my point across and end this without upsetting her. “When that was more a con than a pro on my list really.” She enveloped me in a hug after that saying how much she likes me. Then the next day when she came to pick me up she brought a jean jacket and said it was so I wouldn't miss her too much when we aren't together, I couldn't refuse this time around.

 

We've only been dating for a short time and still, she has managed to smite me, the more I know her the more I regret thinking all of those things about her, she's the opposite of that, the vibration of an incoming message brings me out of my thoughts. I smile when I see a picture of Seulgi pouting looking bored on my screen. “Pay attention in class.” I text her back even though I'm doing the same thing.

 

“I miss you.”

 

“We see each other every day.” I reply pressing my lips together not wanting to be the weirdo sliming on history class.

 

“To study! I want to do couple things! Couple things without books.” That's true, with her math exam around the corner and the assignments given to her in other classes we haven't had much time to do stuff together, but it's for her own good, I want her to succeed in everything and prove to everybody they're wrong. It's not fair the adults in her life don't trust her, it bothers me so much.

 

“We'll do something together very soon :)” I type quickly, she has been working hard lately, I should humor her for a bit. I press send and put my phone down to pay attention to the lesson but another message arrives minutes later interrupting me again, I try to ignore it but curiosity wins me over.

 

“But I want to kiss you right now :(((“ I rest my head on the table hiding my blush, this idiot.

 

“We just made out in your car 20min ago!!” My blush deepens remembering the scene, this idiot, we aren't on school's hours yet she had said unbuckling her seatbelt and pulling me in for a kiss almost making us arrive late to classes...again.

 

“Not enough, the stick shift is my enemy :(” I suppress an incoming laughing fit covering my mouth with the sleeve of her jean jacket. When she was trying to get close to me earlier she kind of bruised her leg with the stick, adorable idiot.

 

“I won't kiss you for a week if you keep on slacking.”

 

“D:

 

Nooo.

 

I'll behave!

 

:(“

 

I read the chain of replies amused, finally, I put my phone down and get back to pay attention to my lesson. I look over to Joy's seat who mouths me a cute before returning to her notes, she's so going to tease me later. I can take it, I don't mind, maybe it's because we just started dating but I feel really good lately, dare I say happy? Maybe that's too much but I do feel really good which is funny looking back at my reluctance to give her a chance.

 

The rest of the day went by in a flash, she didn't text again which I take as a sign of her finally paying attention in class, hopefully. I say goodbye to Joy and go wait for Seulgi by her car, I look down to the floor avoiding the gossipy eyes around me, we just starting dating so I understand the curiosity but I can't wait for the novelty to finally fade away.

 

I check my phone to pass the time and open the picture she sent me earlier, I should be mad she was taking pictures in class since I'm in charge of her but I really like the photo, and scolding her for doing it when I'm setting it as my background seems rather hypocritical.

 

Looking up to the corner where Seulgi is going to appear my mood instantly drops when I spot Krystal Jung walking to her car. Ever since Seulgi told her her story I can't help but get mad when I see the cheerleader happily walking around, Seulgi might be ok with taking all the heat but I don't agree with her decision, like at all. I was surprised to find out that in everybody's eyes Seulgi was the bad influence over her, like Krystal is the victim here, but of course, the true victim never said a word about it and happily took the blame.

 

I watch her happily talk with her friends, she makes eye contact with me for a second and I see her smile flatter, she quickly avoids me and continues her stroll like nothing. Joy firmly believes she still has feelings for Seulgi, I don't disagree but I'm not sure what kind of feelings she has for my girlfriend.

 

“Waiting for someone, hot stuff?” Seulgi's voice brings me back to earth, her big grin puts me at ease right away, she quickly makes her way to her car almost skipping. She grips to her backpack's strap with a hand preventing it from falling down, I feel the butterflies in my stomach starting its usual ruckus like they do every time she comes near me. “Sorry for the wait.” She says pecking my lips before I can say anything about it. “I was copying Wendy's notes.”

 

“Why were you copying her notes?” I ask eying her with suspicion, she opens the car door for me grinning bashfully.

 

“Um, I kind of slept through my last class?” She says grimacing. “But I took notes at the end!” She justifies herself and I stop her rambling running a thumb under her dark circles.

 

“Extra practice again?” She leans into my touch closing her eyes.

 

“I'm just being lazy.” She mumbles taking my hand in hers.

 

“Really?” I know it isn't that, she's assisting to all her practices, her father keeps doing the extra practices and adding out tutoring lessons. It's no wonder she's so tired. “Alright then.” I peck her lips and enter the car not pressing the matter any further.

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

“Seulgi sweetie, are you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter