Chapter 15

Sweep Me off My Feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sigh pleased watching my literature paper finally finished on my laptop, I take off my glasses and rub my tired eyes, it took longer than I expected but I couldn't help but get carried away with my analysis. Joy's right, I'm a nerd. I turn on my chair and meet Seulgi's sleeping figure on my bed, she got bored of waiting, in my defense I told her to not come over today but she insisted saying she would watch me study. “Liar.” I smile watching her peaceful face.

 

I go over to sit on the bed and lightly poke her cheek, I giggle when she scrunches her nose and turns to the other side. “Wake up.” I shake her a couple of times. “I'm sorry I took so long to finish.” I peck her cheek and hear her sigh.

 

“Are you done now?” She mumbles with her eyes still closed.

 

“Yeah.” She sits up leaning against the headboard rubbing her eyes. “Got bored?”

 

“No, I was just waiting with my eyes closed.” She says making me giggle.

 

“Really?” She leans in and gives me a quick kiss. “We can go out now like you wanted to.”

 

“I'm too drowsy to go out now.” She grunts resting her back on the headboard again. “You should do your homework on a Sunday night like a normal person.” She complains rubbing her eyes again while fighting a yawn.

 

“I can't afford to do that.” I fix her hair enjoying the look of her sleepy face. “I have a scholarship remember?”

 

“Right... But it's Saturday.” She sulks a little bit, she hates when things don't go her way, like a spoiled kid. “Saturdays are for having fun and having dates with your girlfriend.”

 

“I told you I was busy.” I say poking her sides. “ And I told you to hang out with your friends.”

 

“Wendy bailed on me too.” She catches my hands in hers. “She's pretending to be a good kid in case her parents go away next weekend.” She explains.

 

“Right, the party.” Now she smiles. “You two are such a jock stereotype.” I joke, she gasps pretending to be offended. “Please, having parties while your parents are away and flaunting about it on the school's halls.” I roll my eyes. “I've seen this movie a thousand times already.”

 

“You still haven't told me if you're coming with me.” She mumbles lying down on the bed and bringing me to lie on top of her. “I need to know when to start my begging.” She wraps her arms around me keeping me secure in place and gives me a kiss on my forehead.

 

“I'm not a big fan of parties.” I say relaxing under her embrace. “Honestly you're going to have more fun if I don't go.” I hear her laugh and feel another kiss on my forehead.

 

“You're such a weird girlfriend.” She sounds amused. “Most of my friend's girlfriends are all, why don't you want me to go? Are you hiding something from me? And then if they don't invite them they still appear anyway.” I feel her chuckle. “Then here you are giving me away.” I playfully hit her chest.

 

“I'm not giving you away.” I mumble a little embarrassed. “But your team's parties are starting to sound shady all of the sudden.” I pull back to look at her in the eyes. “Why won't they want their girlfriends to go? What exactly do y'all do?” I squint my eyes in a suspecting manner.

 

“Now you're sounding like a normal girlfriend.” She says amused and grinning like an idiot.

 

“Why are you smiling?”

 

“Because now you don't want me to go to the party alone, am I right?” She suddenly switches our positions making me gasp surprised. “Because you got a little jealous just thinking about it.” She takes off my glasses and puts them aside.

 

“No, I didn't.” I mumble in a not very convincing way turning my head to the side feeling myself blush, dammit, she kisses my cheek repeatedly lingering every time, I entwine my hands behind her neck and shudder feeling her hot breath on my ear.

 

“You're a terrible liar.” She says trailing kisses on my jawline, I tighten my hold on her and close my eyes getting lost in the sensation of her lips on me. She makes me face her turning my head delicately with her fingers. “To be honest, I wouldn't let you go alone either.” I blush under her heavy stare, she closes our gap pressing our lips together, I tangle a hand on her hair bringing her closer to me gladly accepting her advances.

 

Now that we have two months of dating under our belts I can sense her becoming more insistent when we're alone, luckily she always knows when to stop herself from going any further, it doesn't stop her from trying though. I tighten my hold on her feeling a hand sneak under my shirt lifting it up just a little bit and our kiss turning more heated, sometimes she needs a little help to stop.

 

I bite her lower lip and detach our lips, I giggle feeling her grunt not able to contain her disappointment, I give her lingering pecks and embrace her tightly, I can feel her heartbeat through her shirt. “The door is an, open dummy.” I say to her caressing her hair.

 

“Can I close it?” She asks making herself comfortable resting her head under my chin.

 

“You can't.” I giggle hearing her whining. “Not yet.”

 

“Got it.” She huffs.

 

“Are you mad?”

 

“What? No.” She says sitting up and running a hand through her hair. “I just like you a lot and I like kissing you.” I know it's more than that but I'm glad she isn't mad at me for always slowing us down. “But...um, I can wait all you want.” She mumbles embarrassed scratching her cheek with a finger.

 

“You're really cute.” I say pecking her lips feeling a little embarrassed myself. “I'll go to the party with you”

 

“Really?” She grins. “I didn't even have to beg.” She says nodding her head pleased.

 

“If I don't who knows in what kind of trouble you'd get yourself into.” I joke making her chuckle.

 

“That's right you have to keep an eye on me through the whole party.” She leans in. “So I can get in all kinds of trouble with you instead.”

 

“Cheesy.” I smile against the kiss resting my hands on her shoulders, we hear a knock on the door, making us quickly detach from each other and sit up straight.

 

“At least close the door?” My mom says watching us amused.

 

“I'm sorry, Mrs. Bae.” Seulgi says completely embarrassed.

 

“No biggie. I need you girls to go to the grocery store and pick up a few things.”

 

“Of course, Mrs. Bae.” Seulgi says standing up. “What do you need?”

 

“Whatever you want me to cook, buy it.” My mom smiles. “You're staying for dinner, right?”

 

“Yeah sure.”

 

“Home cooking, yay.” I say with fake enthusiasm making my mom roll her eyes and leave the room.

 

“I like your mom's cooking.”

 

“I know you do.” I peck her lips, she told me once how she never has home cooking at her place since both of her parents are always busy working, if it was my decision she could have dinner with us every night. “Should we go now?”

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

We walk around the store pushing our shopping cart, Seulgi being herself decided to push the cart while also hugging me from behind, very unpractical, but fun nevertheless. “We're never going to finish if we keep going like this.” I say amused, she nuzzles her face against my neck making me giggle with the ticklish feeling.

 

“I like it like this.” She doesn't know much about cooking so I end up choosing everything for her, we stroll around slowly enjoying our time, I notice people looking at us amused by our behavior but at this point, I'm already used to Seulgi's public displays of affection and nosy people. “We should get some snacks.” She mumbles when we get to the candy section, she let go of the cart and goes over the sweets, her eyes shine taking a hold of a package of cookies. “You like these?” She shows me the package.

 

“You are a spoiled kid, aren't you?” I say watching her eyes shine taking a hold of another set of candies.

 

“I'm a loved daughter yes.” She corrects me putting the cookies in the cart. “Can't a girl love her snacks?”

 

“I was talking more about the cute skipping and shining eyes.” I comment as she takes a hold of the cart again and gives me a kiss on the cheek. “Remind me to bake you something someday.”

 

“Really? Don't worry, I won't forget about it.” She gives me another kiss. “I'll pester you every day until you do it.”

 

“I believe you.” I say between giggles. “You need to tell me what you like though.”

 

“Anything you make is fine.”

 

“Seulgi?” A girl who I recognize as one of her classmates calls her over. “Hi.” She says walking towards us.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter