Chapter 25: Jeju Island Part 2.

The playboy

Myungsoo was shocked. No, the word shock seem so little compare to what he was feeling as he watched Sungyeol being kissed by none other than Choi Yeona. He knew that Sungyeol didn't seem to enjoy the kiss but he didn't pull away either which enrage Myungsoo to no end. How did he knew Sungyeol wasn't enjoying himself? Well, he had kept his eyes open the entire time so it took no genius to know that when a guy keeps his eyes open when being kissed it meant for sure that he didn't feel a thing at all for the other. And even though Myungsoo tried to stay reasonable, the fact that Sungyeol would allow other people to do touch him like that hurted. Myungsoo knew that Sungyeol didn't seem very into Yeona but being into someone and dating that person were two different thing. He should know. After all, he dated more for the fun of it in the past than because he had genuine feelings. So came the question that immediately had him in need of alcohol. Their relationship was it more than just one of close friends? Frankly, just the thought that they could be an item, left Myungsoo... , can there be another word less corny than him saying that he was heartbroken? Because he was. How could he not when the person he was in love with could be taken? His heart painfully tightened in his chest and Myungsoo couldn't help but wonder just with what miracle he actually managed to remain calm. Well, as calm as someone who was heartbroken could be at least.

"Omo, Director and Choi Yeona ssi, hello. What a coincidence. Are you here to enjoy a vacation too?" Jae hee was the one to speak first just as Yeona clung, much to Myungsoo's dismay, to Sungyeol's arm like a freaking leech. And why was Sungyeol letting her do so? He used to hate people touching him. Was she the exception now? Clenching unconciously his fist, Myungsoo held a moment Sungeol's eye contact before he broke away first just when Yeona happily declared

"Something like that."

"Oh" Jae hee excitedly exclaim as if something really important just dawn into her then she grabbed Myungsoo by the arm and said with a grin

"Well, we'll leave you alone then. Have a great trip."

"What are you doing here?" Sungyeol suddenly said his eyes locked on Myungsoo's. It briefly made Myungsoo wonder if he was actually being annoyed with him. Was it because he didn't expect to see a hated figure while on his "honeymoon" with Yona ssi? Biting back a bitter laugh, Myungsoo said

"On a staff bonding vacation."

"On a bonding vacation? Wow that seem cool." Yeona said but Myungsoo wasn't in the mood to talk anymore. Actually, he was now seriously why the hell posessed him to make such a lame excuse just to be here. It's crazy how pathetic he has become. And all for a man who clearly didn't give a about him. Damn, he needed to get out of here. Pulling away from Jae hee's hold on his arm, he finally said in a tone he hopes controlled

"Jae hee, you and the other get settle."

"Eh? What about you oppa? Where you going?" Feeling even more exhausted for the honorific Jae hee stubbornly stuck to, Myungsoo curtly answered

"Out." With that said, he finally turned away from the group and walked out the door into the warm weather outside. For the first since a long time ago, Myungsoo was slowly starting to have a feeling he had forced himself to never feel again for it was what made him lose Sungyeol. But right now that same feeling was creeping onto him like a second skin. And he didn't know how to get rid of it or if he could. Maybe giving up wasn't such a bad idea. Clearly Sungyeol wasn't going to change anytime soon. He hated Myungsoo, period. And although Myungsoo wanted to change that more than anything, would it be considered as selfish then? Wasn't he just being annoying if he clung so desperately to Sungyeol? But letting Myungsoo go was impossible for him. So what was he suppose to do now?

" Ah! I'm seriously going crazy." He suddenly said, running furiously his hands through his hair, oblivious to the weird stare he received along the way. Or that he was being followed.

 

After Myungsoo disappeared and the team went to their room, Sungyeol turned tiredly to Yeona and asked in a firm tone

"What are you doing here Yeona? Aren't you suppose to be in Japan for your drama?" Yeona walked past him and in his room then said

"I was but the director said we'll shoot first the scenes that we're suppose to shoot here in Jeju then we'll head to Japan. So that's why i'm here. But oppa, don't you think it's an amazing coincidence. I was shooting a scene when i saw you at the pool. I really couldn't believe it. We're really meant to be don't you think? Oh and about it, oppa why are you here?" Sungyeol wrapped the half dressed star in a dress robe given by the hotel and said "I'm here to see samchon. Now shouldn't you go back to your room? It woudn't be good for you to be seen going into a man's room alone. And don't ever pull those stunt again on me. Do it with your boyfriend."

"Oppa, i told you already. I want you to be my boyfriend. Gee, how much more will i have to break my pride before you're satisfied? Do you know how hard it is already for a girl to ask a guy out. Aren't you even a little bit touched?" Sungyeol handed Yeona a glass of prune juice then said, walking towards a chair near the window

"Yeona ah, i told you already didn't i? I'm thankful that you even consider me as a potential boyfriend but i can't. Not with you not with anyone."

"And i told you that i can wait until you change your mind."

"Yeona ah.." Sungyeol exasperatedly whispered but Yeona didn't let him said more. She stood up from where she was sitting then after giving Sungyeol a peck on the cheek, she returned the robe and said

"I'll see you later ok oppa? My 20 minutes break is almost over." Sungyeol stood up and was about to accompagny her out when his phone rang. Yeona reassured him then that she could go alone, so reluctantly, he accompagnied Yeona only to the door before answering his phone, where to his surprise was his prodige IT nerd, Alex. Why was he calling him? He didn't give him any order, right?

"Hey boss, what's up?"

"Shouldn't i be asking you that? What is it?" Sungyeol asked, closing the door behind him.

"Well, i have news for you boss. And it's for free." Sungyeol walked casually towards is balcony and waited for the other guy to talk but seeing as he didn't seem like doing so anytime soon, he asked

"What is it then?" As if Alex had just realised then that he had been silent all along, he said

"Oh right. Do you remember when you asked me to look up Sae Ron ssi and we realized there was nothing beside her adoption paper? Well, at first i thought someone tampered with the police's data base so that's why we didn't find much about her. And so i tried to dig in a little more to find out who was behind it? And guess what i found?"

"The culprit?"

"Boss, that's the thing. There's no culprit." With a frown, Sungyeol was about to ask what the IT nerd meant by that but Alex beat him to it, as he answered enthusiastically

"I checked everything. Even going through the FBI record, i even checked every hospital in which Sae Ron could've been declared in but nothing. There was no record of a baby girl named Sae Ron born, the 21st of October 2008. Nothing. So, i thought she could've been delivered home or somewhere other than a hospital. I looked into then and i found something that just doesn't add up. At the night where Sae Ron was suppose to be born only two midwife didn't show up for work that day. But the one that caught my attention between two was a certain Mrs Jae rim ssi. A widow with no kids, financially tight but an ill father to whom she need to tend to. But weirdly she disappeared for months. And yet, her father got the best treatment money can buy."

"Did you find out how and why she got that money?"

"Besides winning a lottery no, i don't know why she got the money. But i did find out where she was during those months of absence. She was... Boss, this is where thing just doesn't add up."

"What do you mean? Alex, what do you mean by that? Where was she staying at?"

"A villa in Busan xxx." At first Sungyeol was confused by the fact that the adress seem oddly familiar. It was only minutes later when the information actually dawned did he spilled dumbly

"Isn't that..."

"Your father's villa. Indeed." At the words, Sungyeol's mind went immediately blank. He could hear Alex talking but wasn't really following. His mind going back and forth in trying to decipher what Alex meant by the fact that his father had a widowed delivery woman living in their villa. 

"Missing? Is that what they told you?" Fragment of conversation he had echoed loudly in his mind. Conversation he had with Father Rodriguez then Choi Myriong. Even pieces of conversation he had accidently overheard.

"But Father, why are you telling me this so easily?"

"I dont know..."

'"Liar" Sungyeol suddenly whispered more to himself than anyone in particular. Alex who was still on the other line asked him what he meant by that, but once again Sungyeol was back in his own world. A world where he was finally putting the pieces together. From the very beginning, the Father knew of him. It wasn't because he trusted him that he had been so cooperative. It was because of his dad. Reaching for the folder Choi Myriong gave him, he didn't even realize that his hands had began to get sweaty. Opening it, he finally understood what all those exhorbitant expenses finally meant. How did Choi Myriong get his hands on this receipt though was beyond him. Which brought him back to the very reason of why he was here. One thing he knew for sure, Sae Ron was the key of all this mystery. If he was right and he was for sure, Sae Ron didn't leave any record not because they were lost, but because she was never legally declared. To the world Sae Ron was never born. The question is why would his father go to such lenght to hide her away? Because Sae Ron was surely born in that Villa. Otherwise, his father was a serious for buying so many baby's stuff for the fun of it and having midwife for months living in the Villa. Does it mean that Sae Ron could be his sister?

"Alex, i'm going to have to call you later. Thank you again for the great job."

"No need to mention it boss. But are you ok?" No, Sungyeol wanted to say but didn't. Instead, he said in a controlled tone

"Yeah. Thanks again." After hanging up, Sungyeol remained a moment immobile. Can someone blame him? He just find out that his father had more secret than he had initially thought. And not the kind like he had secretely bought a house behind his wife's back but the kind that made him wonder if he even knew his father at all. And did he really want to know? How far was he still able to go now? Sungyeol knew the answer. And it freaking left him cold. Putting his phone against his ear, he waited a moment then when the call went through, he said blankly

"Samchon, we need to talk."

 

Myungsoo had been wandering around for some time now. He didn't feel like going back yet whatsoever. There was still so many things going on in his mind and it annoyed him. So he tried to occupy himself as much as possible to clear his mind a bit but doing it with Dongwoo and Hoya that had just caught up with him seem utopic now.

"Hey, so you really came." Hoya teased, slunging his arms around Myungsoo.

"Aww what a playboy. Are you here to get some with your handsome boss?" Dongwoo added, equally excited. Myungsoo angrily brushed Hoya's arm off his shoulder then said menacingly

"Piss off." Unconscious to the concern look his two bestfriend made when their eyes met, Myungsoo was walking down the paved path leading to the beach when Dongwoo grabbed him by the arm and said in a rather poor attempt to be cute

"Aww, Soo ah are you mad? I'm sorry we didn't mean to tease you."

"Ya, do you want to die?" Myungsoo spat, seriously having goose bump at the disgusting aegyo. How can he so easily do something so outrageous? Dongwoo only laughed in response and pulling him towards who knows where, he said

"Fine, i'll stop. But since you're here, let's play. I heard there's a wedding not far from here. Let's go then."

"Ya, have you two lost your minds?" Myungsoo yelled but was quickly silenced by Hoya's hand firmly clamped on his mouth.

"Come on. It will be fun. Besides free food!" Hoya said which only made Myungsoo even more uneasy. Can those two idiots spare him some peace? Fun they said? What kind fun could those two crazy punk be actually thinking of by attending a wedding uninvited? Gee, did they really grow up or had a reverse growth? Damn them! God, he wanted to go home already. He should've never come here.