Chapter 15: The encounter.

The playboy

Woo hyun was exhausted and stressed out to say the least. Not only due to working with Myungsoo but also for the return of his best friend after 6 years away from Korea was taking a toll on him. Of course he was glad that Sungyeol was coming back, but it didn't put his heart at ease. For he knew, the real reason behind his return. Woo hyun breathed out deeply and walking past his car, he pulled out his phone and composed with ease the number he had to memorize. Unfortunately, he was directed to the voicemail instead. With an annoyed sigh, he shoved his phone to his back pocket and wondered out loud irritatingly

"Gee why isn't he answering the phone?"

Putting aside these questions for later, Woo hyun got into his car and after a moment of hesitation, he did Sungyu's number. How he got the number? Let's just say he had many sources. More like threatening but he was cute so who cared. Besides, he had to quickly fullfill his job. After the incident between him and Myungsoo earlier the day in the studio, he was more than sure that to avoid him running into Sungyeol, he was going to have to take care himself of the meeting with Sungyu. To be honest, he didn't really want to meet Sunggyu but for Sungyeol sake, it was a sacrifice worth making. It was actually still hard to believe that Sungyeol, the genius, was actually now a succesfull business man. Though he didn't expect less from him. Althought, he would've thought he would turn out being a a cop especially if he wanted justice but why did he convert himself in the entertainment industry instead? Abandoning his father's company along the way. It was true that after the tragedy the company weren't doing so well but Woo hyun trusted his best friend abilities to turn the tables. So why didn't he try to save his parents legacy? There were so many questions Woo hyun had, yet there were not enough answers in Woo hyun's point of view.

"Hello, this is Kim cooperation of exportation and importation, what can i do for you?" A woman's voice reached his ears pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Oh hello. Can i please talk to Mr Kim Sunggyu please." The woman tapped quickly on what Woo hyun recognizes as a keypad. After a couple of minutes, that seemed like an eternity to Woo hyun, she asked

"Who is asking him?"

"An old... Acquaintance. Nam Woo hyun."

"Just a moment sir."

Woo hyun let out a nervous sigh then when finally he was connected to Sungyu's extention, he said in a more confident tone

"Sungyu shi?"

"Woo hyun shi, is it really you? Wah Daebak. It seems like today i get to meet old friends", came the never changing good vibe from the guy. Woo hyun ignored it though and asked in a blank tone

"I'm sorry if it seems like i'm taking up your time but can we meet? I would like to talk to you about a rather good proposition with your product being exported."

"Is it about the luxury line of clothes?" With a frown, Woo hyun asked

"Yeah, did someone already made you a proposition?" Sunggyu loudly laughed at that and said

"Actually yes. Sungyeol-ah did."

"Sungyeol?" Woo hyun stuttered with evident shock. Shock that didn't go unnotice to the other man that asked

"Omo, you didn't know that he was back?"

Woo hyun ran an frustrated hand over his face then said in a rather dark voice barely containing his anger

"I'm sorry Sunggyu shi but can i call you back?"

And without even giving him the the opportunity to say anything further, Woo hyun hanged up and immediately composed his traitor of best friend's number. Thankfully, his call actually went through. When Sungyeol answered it, Woo hyun litterally yelled in dismay

"Ya! Where are you?!"

"Hyung, why?"

"Don't give me that innocent tone! You're back aren't you? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to but i figured you'll be busy so i thought of making you the surprise. It seems like i've failed."

Woo hyun regain his composure with great effort then he said in a more welcoming tone

"Where are you?"

"I'm heading to Yeona's photoshoot. Now that i'm here, i want to get her to sign a contract at my agency."

"Can it wait? Let's meet up first".

"Sorry hyung but i can't. Hal-abeoji (1) wants me to settle things with her first. So i'm heading there at the mean time. But why don't we meet there?" Woo hyun smirked at the suggestion and said

"Arasseo, text me the location then. About it, do you know what is the company that is taking care of the shoot?"

"No, i didn't check. But it seems like it's a very good company." And with that last note, he hanged up. Not a few minutes later, Woo hyun received a text of the location. And frankly, it couldn't shock more the older man. Was this a joke? He wondered tiredly as he rushed to the site. 

 

After texting the location to Woo hyun, Sungyeol turned off his phone to better focus on his job as he mentally reviewed what he had to do to convince the actress to sign up at their agency. Although, Sungyeol knew it was going to be an easy job, considering how much Yeona and him had an history back at the states. Nothing romantic but it was close. From Yeona's part at least, since she was the one chasing after him. Nevertheless, he never really took it seriously. Love? He didn't believe in that anymore. And that wasn't what was important. What was, was getting her, a newly found talent, to sign up to their agency. Something that would eventually stir the press. And that was what he needed, attention.

Six years ago, he promised himself that he will built an empire far more powerful and bigger than the one of his father. To be in high position was his goal. Because that will allow him to slowly take down those that betrayed his father. It took him years to find who hated so much his family to do what they did, and now that he knew, he wasn't planning to stop until he brought them all one by one to the ground where they belonged. Starting with the rival chairman of his late father's company, Choi Myriong. Mark his word, he will get his revenge. Even if that meant, losing everything in the process.

Arming himself with his killer smirk at the approach of the location, he walked out of his car and discreetly watched the photoshoot from afar. The photographer wasn't all that bad it seem. He knew how to handle the trend and knew enough his job to favor Yeona's best angle. However, he was slightly unpleased with Yeona's appearance. The photographer must've been too. So taking the opportunity to go greet Yeona, he reached for a hat, he bought as a gift for the actress and walked up on set sauntered. Walking past the stylist to Yeona, he delicately put on the hat on the girl's head and said

"Wear this, Yeona ah."

To say he was shock and uncomfortable was an understandment. Especially when a girl threw herself in his arms yelling '' Oppa''. Sungyeol uncomfortably shifted on the spot and was about to walk away knowing how rude it was to interrupt a shoot when he froze on the spot at the sound of a voice he had hope, he'll never come across with ever again.

"Excuse me sir, but can you move aside for a bit until the end of the session. But thank you for the hat though. It's exactly what i was looking for."

No that couldn't be who he thought it was. After all, what was the probability of them running into each other? What? One chance in a million. And at his arrival too. That would be just too cruel from fate. But now that he thinks about it. When had fate ever been merciful to him? With a sigh, Sungyeol pushed away whatever anxiety he felt about meeting the old acquaintance he didn't particularly want to see, and turned to whoever that was talking to him. 

 Somehow, he kind of expected it. Indeed, fate really liked to screw with him. With the amount of ennemies he had made for himself during these past years, Kim Myungsoo had to be the one that he had to encounter on his first day back in Korea. What a sweet welcoming comity, he thought sarcastically as he gave a blank stare to the said man. 

 

"Sungyeol..." He heard Myungsoo muttered in a way too familiar tone for his liking. Thankfully, if there was one thing he had learn these past years, it was how to perfectly conceal his feeling. The first lesson to run a business, had once said his grandfather. So, Sungyeol pushed back all the hateful feeling he felt that very moment as he simply acknowledge his ex friend with a nod before turning to Yeona saying

"I'll wait for you by the car."

Yeona beamed at the words of the older man, so Sungyeol took it as cue to leave. He was then a few steps away from Myungsoo when he felt a hand on his wrist, stopping him on his track. Needless to say, Sungyeol had the itching urge to just pull his hand away from the contact but, for who knows what power, he managed to remain calm as he asked, in a sad attempt to be polite

"Yeah? Do you need anything?"

Myungsoo tightened his grip on his wrist and stared at him with a strange look that instantly got Sungyeol's guard up. No matter what people may say just because he was charming or whatever, he wasn't the same anymore. He wasn't the easy going person he used to be. Frankly, his contact with the world has considerably reduce to important man he had to lure or woman he needed to charm. So when he crossed Myungsoo's expression filled with so much expression, he inwardly wanted to squirm away from it. Mostly because it reminded him, of who he used to be. Or more like, what he had lost. Thankfully, Yeona saved him when she asked completely clueless of Myungsoo's grip on Sungyeol's wrist

"Excuse me Mr photographer, but can we get this done with? The sun is really hot and i'd like to spend the day with my Oppa."

"Ah, De", Myungsoo finally said, quickly dropping the hand he had on Sungyeol's wrist probably finally realizing the awkard position they were. As he slowly made his way back to his initial place, Sungyeol bit back a sigh then walked over to his car where he lazily lean on it, trying to appear casual although, his thoughts were all over the place.

Similar to another man (although not for the same reason), who had completely lost his focus the minute, he met the onyx eyes, he longed to see for six long years. Funny how all the feelings he thought he'll forget with time or get over with just suddenly came rushing back at his sight. Perhaps, even more intense than it had been six year ago. This was just a miracle made in heaven. An opportunity that probably wouldn't present himself again. That meant he finally had his chance to apologize, to tell him how much he regretted what happen, and maybe if he had the courage, he would answer the confession made to him six years. No, he was going way ahead of himself. He was getting too excited alone again. Besides, Sungyeol didn't feel the same anymore. The warmth, he once radiates wasn't there anymore. Or even the innocence in his eyes. He wasn't the same and that was a fact. But how much did he really change? Myungsoo wondered as he dazed off once again, glancing discreetly at the other man that seemed close to falling asleep. God, how much he missed him. When he realized what he was thinking he vigorously shook his head in an attempt to order his thoughts though it wasn't that promising. An second thought, it was probably for the better for him to take things slowly, he decided but then why didn't he stick to the plan when he was once again in front of him. Now he knew, it was a huge mistake to trust his traitorous mouth.

At the end of the shoot, Myungsoo just sort of ended up in front of Sungyeol while Yeona went to change. Meanwhile, everyone was busy clearing the place. Another person that was working hard was Myungsoo struggling with keeping his tongue in check in front of his first love and present love. Although he did a rather poor job with it. 

"Where were you all these years?" Myungsoo finally managed to successfully ask even though he wasn't expecting any answer from the other. Sungyeol took him by surprise though when he answered, in a rather indifferent tone, but still as a response

"LA. My grandfather lived there so i just sort of ended up living there too."

"Oh", Myungsoo whispered pathetically, making him want to kick himself for the lame answer he gave. There were so many other words he could've used, but he chose "oh?". Wah, he didn't realize what a real loser he really was. Regaining his composure, he shoved his hands in his pocket in an nervous habit and asked

"So when did you get back?"

"A few hours ago."

"I see", Myungsoo said feeling more and more uncomfortable as the onesided conversation went on. Though, he didn't want to stop talking. Probably, a desperate attempt to confirm that Sungyeol was really talking to him. That it wasn't some sort of illusion made by his conscious.

"Is it so. I'm glad you're back though. I really wanted to tell you how sorry..." Myungsoo began but was rudely interrupted but no other than the last person he wanted to see that particular moment. Nam Woo hyun. Just why the hell did he have to have such a bad timing ? Myungsoo thought frustratingly, seeing the said man shoving him aside like the child he proved to be. Glaring at Woo hyun for purposely hugging Sungyeol knowing how much it would irritate him Myungsoo eventually, Woo hyun said in a failed attempt to be cute

"Yeollie, it's so good to see you? Come on, let's get out of here.It seems like there's bug here."

Myungsoo let out a scandalized huff then said

"What? Yah, can't you see we're talking?" Woo hyun arroganly scoffed at the younger man and said

"Who? You and my best friend? Please, don't give me that crap. Why would he talk to the likes of you?"

"The likes of me? Woo hyun shi! Can't you leave?"

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2jti5V1Bw1qhmz3lo1_500.gif

" Why would i? Yeollie is my best friend. What would you want to tell him anyway? I think you've already said what you needed to six years ago."

"YAH!!!"

"WHAT?!!"

They both screamed incredibly loud. Just why won't he just get out? Myungsoo angrily thought glaring at Woo hyun that glared just as much.

Unbeknown, that Sungyeol weren't with them anymore. Actually, the prodigal man had gotten irritated by the two mens irrational fight and decided to discreetly sneak out from them and proceeded to do something more constructive. Even at the cost of Woo hyun hyung's wrath falling upon him. He had better things to do anyway then to worry about some ridiculous arguments about him. Why was Woo hyun getting so fired up anyway? It's not like he'll see Myungsoo again.

With that in mind, Sungyeol forced a smile and asked in his charming voice

infinite-man-in-love-d-6-teaser-sungyeol

"Yeon ah, do you have time to eat lunch with Oppa?"

Yeona bit happily her lower lip then nodded enthusiastally

"Of course oppa."

Sungyeol helped her out of her chair and was now leading her to his car where to his surprise, the two other men were still going on with their argument. Rolling his eyes from the scene, he lead Yeona to the passenger seat before walking to the driver's side saying in a exasperate tone to the loud specimens

"Yah, can you guys lower it? People are staring."

"Oh sorry Yeollie, but wait where are you going with Yeona shi?" Asked Woo hyun, noticing the occupant in the passenger seat. Sungyeol vaguely answered at the question and was going to get in the car when Myungsoo unconsciously grabbed him by the wrist, again. A gesture he could only accept once because twice it was really abusing. Annoyed, Sungyeol glared at him and asked dryly

"What now?" Myungsoo immediately pulled away his hand, releasing then Sungyeol that immediately got into the car, but not after saying in a blank tone

"I'll call you when i'm done Hyung."

"Eh? A... Arasseo", Woo hyun answered in a daze. Though it went unnotice to his best friend. When the car was far, Woo hyun let out the breath he didn't know he kept and said more to himself than anyone in particular

"Wah, so scary. I thought he was capable of killing." With a frown, Woo hyun turned to Myungsoo, who remained strangely too quiet, and was taken aback from the facial expression the other man held. An expression he himself held a time of his life. One full of... pain? Was he really regretting his actions? 

 

Woo hyun puts aside his grudge and was about to say some comforting word to the other man, not because he liked him obviously, but he changed his mind at the last minute and watched uncomfortably Myungsoo walk away looking rather dejected by the turn of event. Probably it wasn't exactly the reunion he had imagine. But honestly, it wasn't what Woo hyun had imagined himself either.

"Well, that was awkward."

tumblr_inline_nrl43034eh1sah62e_500.gif