Chapter 10: Denial.

The playboy

Myungsoo pushed, once again, away his sheet with anger. He was throwing a fit to say the least, though it wasn't exactly against his sheet. No, he was frustrated against his confused feelings. After the little chat he had with Sungyeol, things have gotten more and more complicated for him. If not impossible to bear. No matter how much he turned the question again and again in his head, he couldn't or more like wouldn't accept such a thing as him being in love. He was still kicking and turning when he heard a weird noise from his window. Was his window suppose to make such a squeaking noise? He doubted. Slowly, Myungsoo rolled over to have a better view of his window and to say the very least, what he saw startle the life out of him.

"Ya, hyung, what are you doing here?" The said hyung flopped heavily on the bed and said

"Give me some room."

"What? What did you said? Ya! Have you lost it? What are you doing here?" Sungyeol simply ignored the younger boy's whining and made himself more comfortable in the small single bed. And Myungsoo's heart was once again made a funny thing in his chest.  He was seriously losing it.

"Ya,  hyung why are you here?"

"I can't go back. I can't go back." Sungyeol repeately whispered, hugging more tightly the pillow he stole from Myungsoo.

"What do you mean you can't go back? Wouldn't your family be worried about you if you don't go back home?"

"What family? What home?"

"Ya what are you blabbering? Have you been drinking?" Myungsoo asked, approaching his face to the older boy's face in search of any sign of alcohol. Fortunately, he didn' t find any. He was going to pull away when he found himself suddenly studying Sungyeol's feature.  He hadn't really notice it before but how come Sungyeol had such a soft looking skin. If he was a girl, he would certainly be a really cute one, Myungsoo thought slowly approaching his hand to the other boy's face. Slowly he moved even closer to the older boy and instantly his eyes fell on Sungyeol's unbelievably pink lips. His eyes linger much longer than it needed to on his lips, making him wonder if his lips were as soft as it seemed. When he realized the train his thoughts were taking he quickly moved away from Sungyeol and mentally slapped himself for his weirdness. Why was he acting this way? He was probably tired, he thought, as he tried to make himself more comfortable in his bed. Unfortunately, Sungyeol was a horrible bed partner. The guy wouldn't stop turning again and again. Hitting him along the way. It was seriously painful and tiring to share the same bed as him. Exhausted, Myungsoo pulled himself off his own bed and laid down on the hard floor. It was of course less comfortable than his bed but at least he wouldn't have to worry about getting hit or anything in that sort. 

Myungsoo was woken up by a tickling soft object on his face. But he discarded it as his blancket and proceeded to ignre it and sleep longer when the same tickling object annoyed him once more. Opening his eyes to have a better view of what was disturbing him in his sleep, a startling sound choked out from his throat as he quickly moved away from the lifeless body now sleeping next to him. Sungyeol whined at the sudden noise and asked tiredly while burying his face in the pillow

"Ya, why are you so noisy so early in the morning?" Unconsciously Myungsoo rested his hand on his racing heart and answered in an annoyed tone

"Are you serious? How dare you ask me that question when you're the one who shouldn't be complaining. Why are you down here hyung? Do you know how badly i slept because of you on the bed? Now you just have to annoy me further down here? Aish, seriously, go back up."

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo unfazed for a sec then turning away,  he said

"Arasseo, sorry."

"Ya, don't say sorry when you clearly don't mean it. My back is killing me for sleeping on such a hard floor and you had to come down here to steal once again my pillow. Seriously you're the worst sleeper ever.  Aish seriously, i'm so tired." Myungsoo was going to go for a second round of complaints when Sungyeol took him by surprise as he pulled him in an awkward spooning position and his face buried in Myungsoo's hair, he said

"Here, now shut up and sleep." Myungsoo's face instantly got warmer as he struggle to get out of the taller boy's grasp unfortunately Sungyeol didn't seem to want to let go of him anytime soon, pulling him further in his arms.

"Ya, let go of me."

"Seriously, Myung just relax and sleep. I won't bite", Sungyeol said. Though Myungsoo didn't quite catch a thing of what he said, since he was more concious about the warm breath of Sungyeol's on his skin to really listen to what Sungyeol said. Just how on earth, did Sungyeol expect him to relax when he was litterally evading his personal space. And to make matters worse his body was reacting weirdly to Sungyeol.

"Do you know what people say about a night of full moon?" Myungsoo didn't quite understand why Sungyeol was suddenly talking about the moon but somehow the sudden change of topic helped him take his mind of the warmth of his body and specially the acrobatic figure his heart was doing in his chest.

"They say that if you're lucky. When the moon's at his peek and you follow where the ray of moon leads to, you'll find the one you're fated to be with. Do you believe in that?"

"What about you?" Asked Myungsoo, unaware that he was slowly giving in into the back hug.

"I do. Althought it's more from the magic behind it. Wouldn't it be nice to find your loved one that way?" Myungsoo slightly smiled at the naif thought and answered in a whisper

"It sure does."

 

Mrs Kim woke up as usual in an ungodly hour to prepare breakfast. Naturally, she made her way to his only son's room to give him his morning kiss. She only allowed herself to do that in his sleep, knowing how much Myungsoo hated to be kiss in any ways. So slowly, she pushed open the door, expecting to see Myungsoo in bed, but was shock to find it empty.

Did he have the guts to sleep outside without telling her?

She was about to call his so call son for an earful lecture when she stopped mid way on her action, her eyes landing upon two silhouettes on the floor. Biting in a scream, she hardly recognizes one of the figure as her son. And the other one to be... Sungyeol?

Somehow it didn't surprise her that much to find the other boy comfortably stretching his limbs on top of Myungsoo. What shocked her though, was the sereine expression Myungsoo had. An expression she didn't think Myungsoo could have. Could it be that there was a part of her son she didn't know. A side that only surfaces when Sungyeol was with him? Smiling knowingly, she fixed the blanket on top of the boys and silently sneak out of the room suddenly in a brighter mood than ever. 

 

Myungsoo woke up again around 9 in the morning and weirdly, even though he slept on the hard floor, with a bed partner as Sungyeol, he actually slept well. Very weird.

"Myungsoo ah, wake up, breakfast is ready. Tell Sungyeol to come down too", his mother's voice came slightly muffle by the door. Myungsoo was more confused by how his mother knew about the clandestin roomate he had to really listen to what his mother asked him to do. Or was it an order? Sungyeol pulled him out of his thoughts though as he sat up and stretched lazily, saying with a yawn

"Good morning dude. Did i hear well? I can have breakfast before i go?" Before Myungsoo can say anything, Sungyeol stood up and proceeded to the bathroom to wash up. When he was done, he came downstair where Myungsoo was already seated at the table. With a smile, he greeted Myungsoo's mother and happily sat next to Myungsoo for breakfast.

"When did you come in yesterday? I don't remember seeing you arrive." Sungyeol smiled shyly at the question and said

"I came in late. I'm sorry i should've said hi first. But i was really tired after working and couldn't go home cause i forgot my keys. So i came here since it was closer. I'm sorry if i'm intruding."

"Oh no, please don't say that. I was just worried your parents might look for you."

"Well that's ok. They... Aren't home that often." Again, there was the nostalgy in his voice, althought this Myungsoo knew the reason why. And that made him feel a bit closer to the other boy though the reason was far from pleasant. Although the feeling of closeness between him and Sungyeol weren't all that bad.

"So tell me Sungyeol shi, do you have a girlfriend?" Myungsoo's mother suddenly asked out of the blue. And somehow the direction where the conversation were heading to, didn't please that much Myungsoo. Just why the hell did they have to talk about Sungyeol's love life so early in the morning?

"No ma'am i don't."

"Seriously? Why is that? You're a very good looking guy after all."

"Thank you, but i don't think that's very important."

"How mature of you to say that. But do you like someone right now?"

Sungyeol looked a bit uncomfortable at the question and that simple reaction allowed Myungsoo to confirm his suspicion on the older boys feeling. That Sungyeol was still in love with his first love Hye mi. And for some reason that thought only pissed him off to no end.

"Mom, leave him alone will you."

"Why? It's just a question?"

Because it hurts to know the truth, Myungsoo wanted to retort, but thankfully he didn't. Why would he be hurt anyway from the thought of Sungyeol being in love with someone other than him. What? Wait, what does he mean by someone other than him? Shaking softly his head t straighten up his thoughts, he turned to the guest sitting next to him, and a smile instantly appeared on his face when the said boy put a mouthful amount of rice in his mouth and said

"It's so good Mrs Kim."

"Call me eomeoni for now on Sungyeol shi. I feel slightly uncomfortable when you adress me so formally. I'm not that old you know."

"I know but..."

"I'll be offended if you don't." Sungyeol looked at the older woman with a soft expression on his face and finally said

"Arasseo, eomeoni."

"Go ahead and eat, both of you", she said with a smile as she, herself, digged in, in a not very feminine way.

And for the very first time in his life, Myungsoo knew what he wanted when he watched his mother caringly fed Sungyeol who took care just as much his mother and Myungsoo himself. Myungsoo then knew now for certain what he wanted but had cowardly denied for so long. He wanted the man next to him to look at him with the eyes of not of a friend or a sunbae but the man, he was. Indeed he was crazy for allowing himself to think that way. But it was the fault it of a certain choding guy that was dumbly smiling at him setting unknowingly Myungsoo's heart in a burning race. Was it really ok for him to call this feeling love? Who was he kidding? He was head over heels for the guy who was sitting in front of him. And even though he knew to be straight because it was Sungyeol, he couldn't care less if he was a guy or a girl. In fact, no one would ever be good enough. If it's not Sungyeol, Myungsoo didn't want them. And it scared the out of him.