Chapter 14: 6 Years later.

The playboy

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.

Myungsoo's alarm sets off at 7 in the morning. Lazily, he tapped on the machine to shush it, before pulling himself out of his bed for a shower. A routine that he had slowly slipped himself into about a couple of years ago. In his 24 years old, Myungsoo had everything. A stable professional life as a famous photographer (thanks to Someone) and living in a luxurious apartment while providing for his mother's every need. He had changed a lot to say the least. He had abandon his stupid games, and rebellious image, and adopted his natural hair color back,  which was black. He had, in brief, everything to be happy. But he wasn't. Needless to ask, it was all due to his first love. Lee Sungyeol. It had been six years since he had last seen him. And there was still no news of him. He still tried to get Woo hyun to tell him how to contact Sungyeol but the stubborn guy still refused to tell him anything. If he was the old Myungsoo, he certainly would've threaten him about his job. He was after all the photgrapher and Woo hyun the model. He had all the authority to fire him but he wasn't like that anymore. No, he wasn't.

695a0835jw1e5cf9sdw2ej20xc18g481.jpg

Myungsoo let out a sigh and walked out of his apartment towards his studio. The drive there lasted for about 45 minutes or more since he had to stop by his favorite coffee shop to have his usual order of hot coffee, preferably black. Ignoring on the way the stare of admiration of the feminine client, he greeted the old man behind the coffee expresso and ordered his usual. When he was done, he headed to his studio where to his surprise he realized that he was the first to arrive. That was certainly something new. Taking the opportunity to straighten his material and check his camera, he didn't even notice Woo hyun arrive until the older man said.

"Sorry boss. I had some... Things i had to attend to."

Myungsoo simply nodded in response and said

"It's ok, the rest of the team isn't here yet anyway."

To avoid the awkward tension between them, Myungsoo busied himself with his camera when Woo hyun took him by surprise and asked

"About it. Do you perhaps still have Sungyu's number?" With a frown, Myungsoo looked up from his labor and answered back instead with a question

"Why do you want it? I thought you hated him."

Woo hyun cleared awkwardly his throat and continued

"I was jus curious. I heard he was a successfull business man."

Myungsoo only shrugged in response unwilling to continue further the conversation, The team had finally arrived at that very moment anyway so he took it as cue to end the pointless conversation.

 

"Look over here, Woo hyun shi", Myungsoo professionally asked while ordering around his staff with an iron hand, like the boss he was suppose to be. In the end, no matter how much the model could hate him, no one can't really complain about his work. He worked diligently and rarely did any mistake. It's probably the reason why he got himself the nickname of Wizard photographer in the industry. Not that he cared. It was after all just a name. What really mattered to him was how much effort he invested in his work. That was more important. To him at least. 378605-infinite-myungsoo.jpg

"Ok, it's a wrap", Myungsoo finally said after an hour. With a happy sigh, the team hurriedly finalize the last detail of the shoot, as well as preparing for the next shoot Myungsoo will have later that day. Myungsoo was exhausted to say the least. Of course, he loved what he was doing but that didn't make it any less stressful. Viewing carefully and with a laser focus the pictures he had taken on his laptop, he didn't even realize that he had been call several time by his assistant, Song Jae hee until he's been nudge by one of the workers next to him. 

"Oh, Jae hee. What is it?" He finally said.

"Oppa, do you want to go out and eat lunch with me today? I know this great place that do delicious shabu shabu."

Without taking off his eyes from the screen, he said

"Jae hee, how many times do i have to remind you not to call me Oppa. I'm not your Oppa, so quit it already, and no thanks. Go with your boyfriend."

"Ah Opp.. I mean Boss, you know that i don't have a boyfriend."

"Then find yourself one", he retorted in an uninterested tone. Jae hee was a nice girl and a very beautiful girl at that. She was probably the best assistant so far or at least she would be if she quit caring so much.

"Boss, come on, you don't have anything scheduled until later today so why not?" Myungsoo ignored the brunette's whining and asked to one of his staff

"Excuse me. Where's Woo hyun shi?"

"At the changing room, i think."

"Good", he said more to himself than anyone in particular as he pulled out his camera attached to his laptop and walked to the lodge to have the model's point of view of what picture he favored the most.                                                                                                    

He was mid way to the lodge when his eyes caught view of a familiar figure with his back profile, talking actively with Woo hyun outside the lodge.

"I'm working on it, but it takes time Samchon."

"I know. But he'll be back soon."

"Arasseo, i'll work harder then."

The man gave Woo hyun an affectionate tap on Woo hyun's shoulder and said in a warmer tone

"I'm sorry Woo hyun ah. For putting you on the spot like that."

 tumblr_m9a04aPOfu1r5ik6no1_r2_500.gif

"What are you saying Samchon? Even if you didn't ask me i'll still would've done it."

Myungsoo didn't quite understand what they were talking about and honestly he felt like he shouldn't even know. So silently, he was going to walk away when the man suddenly turned to him. And for some odd reason, Myungsoo didn't look away from the man. Probably because somehow he had a feeling that he needed to remember who that man was. But why? Just why did the man seem so familiar to him? Where could he have met him before? Politely bowing his head towards the man, he watched him respond with a nod before leaving in a rather hurried pace. Something that made him look further suspicious from Myungsoo's point of view.

"What are you doing here? How long have you been there?" Woo hyun suddenly said pulling him out of his reverie. Myungsoo looked at him unfaze for a moment then feigning indifference, he said

"Can you have a look at the pictures and tell me which one you like better?" He then was about to show him what he has taken so far when Woo hyun interrupted his gesture as he asked dryly

"How much did you hear?"

"What do you mean?"

"It means what it means. So tell me, how much did you overhear?" From the way Woo hyun was glaring at him, Myungsoo guessed that whatever he was talking about with the man had to be important for him to want to keep it a secret. And that just fired up Myungsoo's curiosity towards the subject even more.

"I've heard enough to know. So he's coming back. When will it be?" Myungsoo pretended to know in a rather convincing tone which only succeded in irritating further the other man. Myungsoo inwardly smiled at his achievement in annoying the older and pressed further

"Tell me when he's coming so i'll welcome him too."

What happen next was something Myungsoo didn't expect at all. Normally the older man would simply brush him off or retort with an equally sarcastic tone but this time it seemed different. Whoever that was coming back must be really important for him to react so violently like that. Who could be that person to make Woo hyun react so violently?

"Don't you dare go near him. This is the only time i'll warn you Myungsoo shi. So stay away", he said as he grabbed Myungsoo by the collar. Myungsoo let out a heavy sigh from the turn of event and asked in an unimpressed tone

"Do you mind?" Woo hyun glared at the other man but eventually lets go and storms out of the studio. With a frown, Myungsoo wondered out loud

"What's up with him? Why is he so fired up?"

 

In line with his schedule, Myungsoo was preparing himself for the afternoon shoot when he had a last minute call from his model, who wanted to do her shoot outdoor. At the beautiful scenery in Gangnam, she said. A last minute request that had Myungsoo in a foul mood all the way to the location. If it weren't for the respect he had for the model's father, he would've cancel the contract without hesitation. Just what was wrong with those bratty celebrity? Just because they had a few fans, they act as if the entire world had to revolve around them. What a pathetic view of life. Honestly this day just couldn't get any worse.

"Choi Yeona, huh. Pfft. Just who does she thinks she is, making us run around like this? Doesn't she know that you're a busy photographer? Aish what a pest", Jae hee complained while Myungsoo drove to the said location. Thankfully it weren't too far from the studio so it took them about a couple of minutes before arriving there. As soon as they arrived, Myungsoo got out of the car and asked  at the staff already present to help him unfold the material.

"Excuse me, but can you help me install the material?"

With that said, the entire crew, along with some dudes from the actress entourage helped out to set everything in place. Luckily, it was spring so the scenery were just right for the concept chosen for the actress although what worried Myungsoo was the weather. Even though it was sunny, by experience he knew that that could change, especially at times when they least expect it.

Myungsoo was fixing his camera when Jae hee approached him with a summer dress and asked

"Oppa, would Choi Yeona shi be wearing this?" Myungsoo gave her a stern look from the noun used to adress him but overlooked it anyway and said in a blank tone

"Let's start off with the jeans first."

"Got it", Jae hee obediently answered before rushing towards Choi Yeona to help her dress up. When the actress was done preparing, Myungsoo throughly studied every angle that could put her best asset forth. From what he could see, Choi Yeona wasn't very tall. Probably 5 ft 3 at most. She had her hair cut in a bob style that actually looked prety good on her, especially with her jaw line. Her pale complexion was pretty good too. So the best for her would be for her to face the camera at all time. With that in mind, Myungsoo then begun the photo session, making sure that she kept her eyes fixed at the camera.

"Choi Yeona shi, lower your chin a little bit", Myungsoo half heartedly instructed though he wasn't sure why the result seem to displease him. The said girl, however, smiled seductively at him and said

"As you wish." Myungsoo repressed an eye roll and focused once again on his job, already use of getting hit on by his female model.

tumblr_inline_noucg6lcgH1qb5trn_500.gif

It's not good, Myungsoo suddenly thought as he looked once again at Yeona. The girl was of course perfect but there was just something missing with her outfit, resulting in her looking too plain, in his eyes at least. With an exhausted sigh, he glanced briefly at the clothes brought, then he asked

"Ya, Jae hee ah. Do we have a hat?"

"What? A hat?" Jae repeated sceptically but searched for one anyway.

"Mr cute, why are you stopping?" Yeona suddenly asked in a childish tone that instantly embarrassed Myungsoo though not for the right reason.

"Have you found any yet?" Myungsoo asked ignoring his model. His assistant was about to say something when she was interrupted by a man that walked pass her towards Yeona. From the way he was walking, the guy seemed very confident. Unfortunately, Myungsoo didn't have time to clearly see the guy's face although from his built and the way the girls present on set gasp at his arrival, the man must've been very good looking.

"Wear this, Yeona ah", the guy said as he put a wide brim hat on Yeona's head. Strangely, in line with what Myungsoo had in mind. Just who was this guy? Myungsoo wondered. But instead got curious about his relationship with his model when the said brunette's feature instantly brighten at the sight of the guy. Could he be her manager? No, it can't be. He seems way to young to be her manager, Myungsoo thought perplexe. A blush suddenly spread over his cheek when Yeona suddenly, out of nowhere, leaps into the guy's arms screaming happily

"Oppa!!! You're back." A display of affection that instantly got Myungsoo conclude that the guy was probably her boyfriend. A more believable explanation if you ask him. Putting aside his need of answers for after the shoot, Myungsoo walked up to the duo and with a blank tone, or at least he hoped it to be, he said

"Excuse me sir, but can you move aside for a bit until the end of the session. But thank you for the hat though. It's exactly what i was looking for."

Oddly, the man remain motionless and that made Myungsoo wonder if he, somehow, didn't hear him. So he was about to repeat himself when the guy finally turn to him. And frankly, Myungsoo felt like he was being run over by a truck or a train. Or maybe was it both. His heart has also never beated so fast and so loud, that he was worried that it could be heard by the others. Was he dreaming or had gone insane? Because how else would he be seeing... tumblr_inline_nird2mNRk91qbir0s.gif

"Sungyeol....", he unconciously uttered the name, completely losing foot. 

687474703a2f2f6939392e62656f6e2e72752f64

(1) I know.