Chapter 21: Part 1: Getting along.

The playboy

The night had stretched into an eternity, in Myungsoo point of view at least. Staring at the mob of hair turned to him, Myungsoo wondered briefly what Sungyeol could, possibly, be dreaming about. For what he can said, it was surely something unpleasant from the way he was frowning.

Unconsciously, Myungsoo, brushed away Sungyeol's hair out of his eyes and wondered briefly just what, besides him, can make him frown that much. Seeing him so tense, worried him. Why? He wasn't sure. Whatever might be the reason,  Myungsoo decided to ignore it, like many other question he had about Sungyeol. Sitting up from the bed, Myungsoo ran a hand through his hair, obviously tired from his lack of sleep. 

1345947507-1796893862.jpg

He was, then, going to get out of bed to get a cup of water to calm himself from the knowledge of Sungyeol sleeping next to him, when he frowned at the sight of Sungyeol transpiring so much.He seemed actually really bad up close, Myungsoo thought, frowning deeper. Running his hand on Sungyeol's forehead, Myungsoo whispered suddenly in evident shock and concern

"Omo. Why is he so hot?" Checking again and again his temperature to make sure it wasn't just due of the room's heat, Myungsoo realized with horror that it wasn't the case. Sungyeol was actually burning up. Myungsoo gently tucked Sungyeol under the blanket but in vain since Sungyeol was still shaking. Although, Myungsoo couldn't say if it was because of his high fever or his nightmare. Myungsoo proceeded in trying to warm as much as he could his love when Sungyeol whispered with difficulty

"Cold...I'm cold"

Wearily, Myungsoo looked at him, pondering at what other options he had, and unconciously ended up wrapping his arms around the older man. In spite of his feeling, Myungsoo wasn't jerk enough to say he did it for his own interest. To be honest, he did it only for the sake of Sungyeol. Although, he wasn't complaining. Sungyeol made him feel exactly the same like the first time they shared a bed together. He was a little bit bigger, and more toned than in his memories though, but the same feeling of warmth and the agonising thumping in his heart was the same. In the end, nothing had change for Myungsoo. 

The wake for Sungyeol was very displeasing. Mainly because, somehow he had the feeling his head was going to explode. And to make matter's worst, Myungsoo was litterally hugging him in his sleep. Wasn't he suppose to be the bad sleeper between them? Shoving Myungsoo aside, Sungyeol sat up from his uncomfortable position, yet briefly froze as he suddenly felt dizzy for no reason. Shaking his head to regain most of his conciousness, Sungyeol walked out of the house, relief to see the sun shining brightly after the intense rain yesterday. Running his hand once again through his hair, Sungyeol let out a sigh, feeling more and more tired. Both physically and emotionally.

"Are you ok?" Myungsoo's voice echoed, startling along the way the dizzy older man. Pushing away his thoughts, Sungyeol blankly said

"Why wouldn't i?" Myungsoo wanted to say more but got interrupted by Eunyung, who greeted them with a warming tone from the door. With a smile, Sungyeol said

"Good morning Eunyung ssi. Uhm, i was wondering if i could take a bath before going. Is it ok?"

"Of course. Your clothes are dry anyway." With that said, Sungyeol headed to the showering room outside the house, glad to be able to relax a little bit of his stiff limbs. Plus, with the agitated night he had, he was even more drain out so a nice bath was more than welcome. When had it been the last time he had had a good night sleep? He can't even recall it.

The cold contact of the water on his skin made him feel instantly better. Although, it couldn't be compare to a good night sleep. Sungyeol briefly closed his eyes trying to reminisce mentally his nightmare, when the familiar voice of the man he was trying so hard to keep out of his head said

"Sungyeol ssi? Uhm, do you need anything?"

Silence.

"Look, i get it. You hate me. But... Just for the day, can you put that aside and get along with me? Just for today." Myungsoo continued, his voice becoming more and more distant. Or rather, sad.

large.gif 

For some reason, Sungyeol felt weird. For one, because he was actually feeling something like sympathy and that was a pretty good reason for him to feel odd. After all,  he thought he had forgotten all about that feeling. Because eventually that feeling led into doubts upon oneself. But what was he doubting exactly? His determination in keeping Myungsoo at bay. Or his feelings? What a joke? He thought tiredly as he let out a sigh so loud that it could've probably been heard by Myungsoo. 

However, he didn't waver on his position. He had sacrificed to much to be having second thoughts now. Pushing aside his dark thoughts, Sungyeol opened the door and was about to grab his towel, when instead someone stumbled into his arms, initiating a rather awkward position, he hated having first thing in the morning. 

"Oh, sorry, i.. i didn't..."

"Get off"

"Eh?" Myungsoo mumbled with difficulty, looking anywhere, except Sungyeol. A reaction that amused Sungyeol just as much as it annoyed him. Pushing him off lightly as not to hurt him, he made a sign with his head towards the towel, in hope for Myungsoo to hand him the piece of cloth. Unfortunately the demand didn't seem to seep in well. Even talking to a wall would probably be more effective. What was he gawking at ? 

''The towel.''

''Oh right, towel here. Please dry yourself fully with it. Every inch of your body i mean. '' Myungsoo said with a bow. Although, Sungyeol was more taken aback by the words uttered by his employee.

And weirded out he was. Even though it was understandable to be awkward in their situation, somehow Sungyeol didn't find the words Myungsoo said right. And he wasn't the only one who thought so. After Sungyeol closed the door, Myungsoo hit his head several times, extremely embarassed by what he said. What on earth possessed him to say such rubbish? He could've also told him to walk outside , it wouldn't have been this embarrassing.

The morning breeze was soft and refreshing. A bonus after the night they had. Sungyeol was honestly quite grateful that they could finally leave. No matter his uneasiness to be left alone with Myungsoo, having to impose much inconvenience to Eunyung ssi and his son was far worst. So after waiting for Myungsoo to take a bath, he shyly accepted eating breakfast offered too courteous to decline. Sungyeol once again thanked the host, mentally noting to find any possible way to repay them for such kindness.

-Thank you so much Eunyung ssi, you really saved us. I'll never forget it, he heard Myungsoo said from afar though he couldn't have said better. After all, he felt exactly the same. There were indeed so many people in this world, yet few good people. Sungyeol could surely, with confidence, said he wasn't in the good people pack. But he sure as hell knew how to thank people he owed a favor to.

-Will you come around again hyung ? Little Min hyuk asked with an adorable pout. Myungsoo ran affectionately his hand through the rascal's boy hair and said

- Of course. And you have my number and adress if you ever want to come to Gangnam i'll be glad to have you there.

-Wah ginga. Omma did you hear that ?

-Yes i did honey. But that's enough, it's not polite to invite yourself like that to someone's home, his Mother softly reprimanded him.

-Don't worry about him. I don't mind. Actually i'll be more than happy to have there. So make sure to visit me and can i come too ?

-I guess. Thank you.

-No thank YOU. If it weren't for you, we would probably be dead by now. Oh now that i think about, Min hyuk, want to have a picture with me ?

- Can i ? Myungsoo softly smiled at the boy and nodded as he unconsciously pulled out his phone from his pocket and asked Sungyeol to take the picture. Something that the other man refrained to rudely decline. Did he forget that his phine was supposedly suppose to dead ? He'll certainly do a poor job as a spy.

- Ok, let's do the peace sign, Myungsoo said, holding up Min hyuk with ease. 

When the picture was finally taken, Sungyeol handed back the phone and thanked Eunyung for the last time, discreetly slipping his card number, determined not to let Myungsoo see it. Walking away nonchalantly, with his hand buried in his pocket, Sungyeol missed the expression of clear horror Myungsoo had when he realized what he had just done. How could he have made such a lame mistake ? Sungyeol was probably thinking the worst of him now.

- Aish, this is the worst. Just why did i use my phone ? I'm seriously the biggest moron ever born, Myungsoo mumbled, unaware of the amused look the older man had, somehow, allowed himself to have. However it didn't mean anything. Or at least that's what Sungyeol thought.