Dense

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo

He was her brother''s best friend. She was his best friend's sister. They will often out together to catch a movie or a have a meal. When her brother had a girlfriend, they would become a foursome.

But as her brother and girlfriend wanted time for themselves, the foursome slowly become just the two of them. They still hang up together, going for movies, updating each other what is happening in their life.

Slowly, the weekly updates become daily updates, they would call each other each day and talk about anything. Even if their work ended very late, they would still try to talk to each other before they slept.

They were not a couple and yet they were closer than most couples. They didn't interlock fingers, that was not what friends would do but they understood each other perfectly even without looking at each other. they were in sync.

Sometimes the brother and his girlfriend would join them. They would observe in amusement how could two person that is so perfect together but still trying to act like friends. The brother once told his girlfriend both of them never have another half before, maybe that's why they hadn't been able to figure out their feelings. He can't help but wonder should he helped them along.

Finally, the brother did. He couldn't stand it anymore. He purposely introduced a boy to his sister and saw his best friend's eye flare with jealousy. He doubted his best friend knew what the feeling was. And his sister even agreed to a date in front of his best friend. Both of them were so dense, he had to stop the urge to roll his eyes.

That was the first night, his sister was not on the phone with his best friend. Apparently, his best friend had some urgent matters and could not talk. His sister looked so sad.

The next day was the date. His sister had been excited for her "first date". She wore something pretty and left for her date. She came back looking deflated. It was disappointing she said, she had nothing to say to the boy and she was totally not interested in what he said. She wanted to update her best friend during the ride home but he just wouldn't pick up the call. She seem to be hurt by his act. 

For two days, both seem to be depressed and feeling rejected. the brother finally asked his best friend to meet him for lunch. The brother listened to his friend's feelings, feeling his friend never knew he had, feelings he didn't know. The brother told his friend  that he was hurting his sister because of his avoidance. He asked him was he in love with his sister. Love. His  friend's eyes looked lost, his soul was lost. Love, that was some thing that never occurred to him before. His friend asked the brother instead for confirmation, the brother told him to think about it.

When the brother reached home, he casually told his sister about the meeting. Her eyes grew big, then were lost again. She said her brother his friend didn't reply to her message and yet went out with the brother. That hurts she said. The brother asked her, is she in love with his friend. Love. Her eyes looked lost, her soul was lost. Love, that was something that never occurred to her before. She asked her brother instead for confirmation, The brother told her to think about it.

How could two souls that were meant to be didn't know that are meant for each other, The brother didn't know. But he hoped they now knew.

A week after, both of them came home, fingers locking, looking at each other eyes sweetly.  The brother didn't know it was possible to be more in love with each other, but now he knew and envied their love.

Kim Jong Kook and Cheon Seong-Im were finally a couple