Tears

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo

He was very late. She had messaged him saying she would be waiting for him at the garden in the hospital. She had been feeling sickly lately and he had arranged for a checkup in the hospital. He supposed to be there but his appointment had him run late.

The moment Ji Hyo saw him, her tears flooded uncontrollably. Jong Kook was flustered, what had been the result of the checkup, she was crying so badly. He quickly hug him, her crying didn’t stop, in fact, it got worse. His shirt was getting wet. No matter how much he coaxed her, her tears just flowed continuously.

Finally, her breathing began to slow down and started to become rhythmic. Jong Kook guessed she must have fallen asleep from too much crying. He gently carried her to the car, help her put on the seat belt and drove her home. They reached home and she was still sleeping, he carried her to their bed and let her sleep more comfortably.

He quickly washed up and lay beside her. He afraid she might wake up and became depressed again. All kind of bad thoughts had run through his mind, maybe she had suffered from some incurable illness or she met a handsome doctor and wanted to break up with him or …

She stired, he broke his thoughts and concentrated on her. She slowly opened her eyes, Jong Kook looked at her lovingly, “Are you ok?” he asked.

“Yes, Oppa” she smiled. “But I am thirsty now”. He helped his wife sat up, he took the glass of warm water he had prepared and handed to her. She drank it in one slip. “Oppa, I had the greatest news! I am 2 months pregnant.” She announced excitedly.

It was his turn to fill his eyes with tears. The happy tears left his eyes like waterfall. He was going to be a father!