Accident

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo

It had been a year since running man ended, and God he missed her. He and she had somehow missed the chance to see each other this one year. Either he was busy and could not make it to the gathering or it was her that was busy. He missed her smile, laughter, voice, actually everything. He had resorted to watch her serials when he couldn’t bear it anymore, silly isn’t it? He laughed at himself. This one man was not brave enough to call or meet her. There was simply not a good enough reason, other than the fact he missed her.

He was determined to attend the gathering tomorrow, he heard she will be there as well. He had managed to reschedule his appointments and kept his schedule free the next two days. He would get to see her in person, talk to her and find a damn good excuse to see her again, he promised himself.

Jong Kook took the whole day to decide his wardrobe for the day, one that make him looks good yet causal. He hopped onto his car, and started his drive to the restaurant, singing along with the radio. What he didn’t anticipate it’s the red car dashing it’s way towards him when it was green light on his lane. He tried to avoid it but he couldn’t. The red car when straight at his, hit his car rear, caused his car to spin and knocked into another car before coming to a stop. He could hear horns all around him and people hitting the window asking was he well, but he was slowly losing conscious, only remember he had to make it to the gathering.

All of the sudden, he was at the restaurant, it felt kinda strange. He felt light but that was not the most important thing on his mind. He rushed in and saw the running man at their usual table, he called out to them but strangely all of them ignored him. Ji Hyo was looking beautiful today, in her usual tshirts and jeans. He wanted to sit down beside her and talked to her but there was no empty seat beside her. He asked Kwang Soo to move over but Kwang Soo pretended not to him. He wondered was this a joke the rest of them were playing on him. Jae Suk’s phone rang, he picked it up, then he looked worried. “Jong Kook is in an accident”.

Ji Hyo grasped, “Is Oppa all right?” she asked.

“No idea, Gap Jin is still on the way to the hospital. Let’s go as well” Jae Suk suggested. The rest of running man quickly stood up and rushed to the hospital.

“Ji Hyo, why don’t you take my car. You don’t look well enough to drive” asked Jae Suk.

“Ok, Oppa” Ji Hyo agreed, her hand trembling. What if something happened to Jong Kook, she will regret for the rest of her life.

Meanwhile, Jong Kook was shocked to hear that he was in an accident, how could it be, he was here and then he remembered. In a flash, he could feel all the pain cycling though his body, his head hurt, he slowly opened his heavy eye lids and stared at the white ceiling before he passed out again.

Ji Hyo stood outside the operating theatre, she couldn’t think, she had purposed reschedule so she could meet with Jong Kook. One year, they had missed each other for a whole year and she wanted to re-establish where they left off. This was definitely not it, please please let him be ok.

The operating light blinked off, the doctor declared everything went well. Jong Kook would not wake up for another 8 hours since he was on sedation. Jae Suk suggested everyone go home and rest and visited Jong Kook again tomorrow. He practically led Ji Hyo back to his car and sent her home, asking her to rest well. He could see the restlessly and concerns in her eyes. He told Ji Hyo he would come and pick her up and visit Jong Kook together. Ji Hyo didn’t say a word but obey her oppa.

She didn’t know what happened through the night, but just remember getting ready for Jae Suk, the moment he called, she dashed downstairs to wait for him. When they reached the hospital, they were informed he had stablished and switch to a normal ward. She finally lifted a stone off her chest. All of them were now staring at the sleeping Jong Kook, he was all bandaged, yet he looked peaceful.

Suddenly, he stirred and opened his eyes. He stared at the seven strangers who were looking very concerned at him. There was one beautiful woman and six guys, the woman big eyes were filled with tears, he wanted to remove the tears from the beautiful eyes. He finally found his voice, “Where am I and who are you”, he asked. The seven of them stared at him. One of the man with small eyes and glasses reassurance him “Jong Kook, you will be ok, Haha is calling the doctor now.”

Doctor, why there a need to call doctor and who is Jong Kook? He wondered and his head hurt. Another man in white, He presumed the doctor rushed his side and started to examine him. Then the man who spoke to him went out with the doctor, before returning again. The doctor said “Jong Kook ssi, I think you have a temporary loss of memory.”

"ME? I was Jong  Kook I presume and I had a loss of memory?" He thought. He saw the tears dropping of the woman big eyes and now his heart hurt as well. He tried to reach out to her but his arms felt too heavy for him to lift. It as if she had read his mind and she rushed to his side, held his hand up with hers. Her hands felt warmed against his and he experienced a sense of relief. He refused to let go of her hands and she volunteered to stay behind with him.

“Are you my girlfriend?” He asked innocently after all of them left.

She frozen then she nodded her head. “Yes, Jong Kook Oppa, you had pledged your entire love to me”, she said and smile. He was totally mesmerized by her smile. “You promised to marry me but you ran away on the eve of the wedding and you got into an accident.” She continued, a tear was forming in her eye. In her heart, Ji Hyo stuck her tongue out, that for making me missed you for a year and making me worried for you. She couldn't help but wanted to tease the injured man, it was a rare opportunity to be able to tease the smart and quick man.

“Oh no, why would I run away from marrying such a pretty and gentle girl like you”, He gasped. What a terrible person he must have been. He held her hands closer to my heart. “My heart told me I still love you, there must be a mistake”

Ji Hyo’s heart skipped a beat. She didn’t expect to hear a confession from him and least in this kind of situation. “Ji Hyo, I am very sure I love you. Please don’t leave me. There must be a logically answer to the illogical thing I did, although I can’t remember the answer now, please wait, I am sure I can give u satisfactory answer.” Jong Kook pleaded.  He must have believed their relationship and opened his heart to her.

Ji Hyo wanted to smoothen all the worry off his face but he was holding her hands too tightly. She bent down to kiss him as a promise she will not leave her. She could feel him kiss her back, this was their first kiss but he didn’t know it and she felt him deepen the kiss, his tongue probing her lips and teeth and she let him in.

They both broke the kiss when they ran out of breath. He looked at her and smiled, then he yawned, he was feeling so tried and his eyes closed slowly and he fell asleep. Ji Hyo was still stunned from the kiss. He did love her, why didn’t he tell her earlier, she wondered. This silly oppa, and she stared at him and closely her eyes closed.

He woke up first in the morning, the memory gushing from where they were hiding. He remembered they didn’t have a relationship, at least not yet. Then he remembered the kiss they shared before he felt asleep and he blushed. Ji Hyo loved him, he would tell that much and a spark of happiness ignited his heart. He also felt lucky his parents and brother were on vacation, Gap Jin should have been sensible enough to wait for more news before informing them. Then he saw the Ji Hyo sleeping beside him, he started to observe the sleeping woman, she must have felt anger since she tricked him yesterday and he was glad that she did. But how should they continued from here, he didn’t want to lie to her but …

He saw her waking up from her uncomfortable sleep, he should let go of her hands to make her more comfortable yet he felt reluctant to do it. She was glancing at him, trying to see whether he was in any discomfort. He raised his hand and kissed both her hands. Her face turned red.

“Ji Hyo, what did I call you when we are together” he asked.

“Mmmm … Im?” Ji Hyo finally said. That was the name she like him to call her.

“Im .. that is nice. What do you call me” He asked again.

“Kookie” She answered. This was the name she knew he would like her to call him.

“Kookie” he repeated, he wondered how she knew but hearing that from her lips, make his lips curved up. “Im, I love you, can you please be my girlfriend” he asked not wanting to waste another moment of their time, they had wasted enough.

Ji Hyo looked at his eyes, she saw that this is the Jong Kook she knew and not the innocent man who lost his memory yesterday. She pouted her lips. “Oppa, you really don’t have any sincerity. You made all of us worry sick about you and you didn’t even say you had regained your memory”

“Im, that is not important, we had wasted so much time trying to guess each other feelings and we are in love with each other. I want to value all the time I could with you. I nearly lost you, I don’t want to do that again”

JI Hyo’s eyes were filled with tears. “I nearly lost you oppa” Jong Kook let go of her hands and hug her. He lifted her face and kissed the tears away before he planted his lips on . Their kisses were broken by some voices that passed the door.

“Im, please be mine and let me by yourself as long as I live” Jong Kook asked.

Ji Hyo nodded and promised “Kookie oppa, I love you too.”