Chapter 8

Eye of the Tigress

A bit of a filler chapter, I'm sorry >< but on the bright side, I'm in Seoul right now! How fun :D It's pretty cold and the water heater in my apartment doesn't work which but it's not that bad, it's pretty comfortable!

Will update again this Sunday, take this as an early Christmas present~

I yawned, opening one eye and shutting it lazily as the bell for lunch rang.

I never really got any good sleep at home, since I was always terrified of waking up to his hands constricted around my throat, ever since that time he came barging in.

The classroom was rife with conversation. Mirae was re-applying her lipstick, puckering up to the mirror.

“Oh, I saw your ex a few days ago,” I recalled. “He’s gotten fitter for some reason.”

“Jung Joonhyun? Lee Seokmin? Jang Minwoo? Or that guy from 3-D? Which one?” she murmured, lining her lips slowly to create the perfect look. “Are we talking about those from school or what?”

“No, none of those,” I wrinkled my nose. “Park Jimin.”

Her lipstick ran over her left cheek, her eyes stunned. I cocked an eyebrow, not expecting that strange response.

“O-oh,” her voice was carefully controlled as she took out a tissue and began dabbing at the red mark on her face in small circles. “How is he?”

“He was going to my new tutee’s house…” I cocked my head, eyeing her suspiciously. “Some boy from the school opposite us.”

“C-cool,” she muttered, before giving up on fixing her lipstick and just wiping it off.

I shrugged inwardly. She seemed weird.

Jungkookie cleared his throat and pushed his chair back before taking purposeful steps towards the door.

“Where are you going?” I questioned curiously.

Jungkookie had been disappearing during lunch a lot recently, ever since a few weeks ago, which made me suspicious, especially since he didn’t have anybody else to hang with besides us. Or rather, nobody else dared to touch him because of us.

He looked at me with a deer in headlights look before shaking his head minutely and running out of the door.

How dubious.

Without further ado I pushed myself out of my chair and followed him stealthily.

He seemed to be headed for the roof, clutching his little plastic box of packed food.

Lucky him, I thought sardonically. The only packed lunch my father would ever give me was a knuckle sandwich.

He peered around him cautiously, almost as if he sensed someone following him. I cautiously hid behind a pillar. Thank goodness I was short. The sea of people blocked me from his view, and he shook his head before carrying on.

The two of us headed up the stairs. As expected, he was heading towards the rooftop. As I rounded the corner of the stairs, he opened the doors to the roof, and light flooded into the dark stairway.

I winced and shielded my eyes as a voice I thought I would never have to hear again floated through the open doorway.

“You’re early today,” Superhero-sunbaenim’s voice was full of mirth.

“Did the she-devil release you from her clutches sooner than expected?” a foreign voice chuckled.

I felt a surge of rage. That boy, whoever he was, was going to pay.

“Hey, she’s not that bad,” Superhero-sunbaenim said. “She’s more like… a very mean person?”

“You’ve gone soft bruh,” the foreigner groaned, and an audible thwack was heard.

I sniffed. How dare Jungkook disobey my orders and go find a little set of buddies to play with? Did I ever give him the permission to do so? He was my toy, and my toy alone. Nobody else was allowed to play with him!

“Anyway, I was thinking of some moves after I got home yesterday,” Superhero-sunbaenim’s voice came again. “It’s pretty cool but I’m going to need the whole gang cos the move doesn’t work if the gang isn’t together.”

Curiosity piqued, I tiptoed up the stairs and peeked through the crack between the doors. What gang? A street gang?

Superhero-sunbaenim gesticulated wildly, and he seemed to be showing them holding something up.

“Then Jungkook will be holding Jimin up, and Jimin will run across everyone’s backs! It’s a pretty cool move, but I think Jungkook should be able to handle it,” he explained.

I narrowed my eyes. Why on earth would Jungkookie need to hold this Jimin person up? Were they having a fight?

“Awesome,” the other guy said in English. “It’d look great as a finishing move or something.”

My god, they really were having a fight. Finishing moves, and holding people up…. It was probably wrestling.

I quietly packed this piece of information into my head and tiptoed back downstairs.

Mirae would have a fit if she heard about this.

---

“Okay, more details have been released,” Suga gathered the team around his laptop. “It says judges’ votes are worth 60% and audience votes are worth 40%. So we should try to get more audience support. Maybe get our families and friends to come support?”

“Hyung, you know my parents will never agree to come,” J-Hope groaned. “If they found out I was here instead of studying with Rapmon…”

The room settled into an uneasy silence.

 I can get Hyuna to come!” Jimin smiled brightly, thinking of his girlfriend.

“Hm, I’ll try to get my classmates and my family… Minhye will probably come too,” Suga thought aloud. “Jin? Wanna invite our classmates?”

“Okay,” Jin smiled, crinkling his eyes.

“I can invite my new friend!” V offered, his hand shooting up to the sky.

“Oh, your new tutor right?” Jimin asked curiously. Evidently he had been paying attention the last time. “What’s her name again? Riri?”

“Mimi!” V nodded happily. “She’s super cute and super smart! She’s like this tiny little girl but her brain is huge!”

“Okay, that’s settled. Let’s get back to practice,” Suga announced.

The rest got into position and Rapmon ran to the front and pressed play.

---

V-oppa spun his pen as hard as he could, making helicopter noises.

“V-oppa,” I deadpanned, flipping to the page on his textbook. “If you carry on with this, you won’t pass the next test.”

It was the third week of tuition with him, and I was fast running out of patience. How many things could a human get distracted by? A pen, the whirring fan, the cat meowing from halfway across the house… This kid was… incredible to say the least.

He lay his head on his arms, sighing loudly.

“I’m bored~” he whined. “Can’t we do something else?”

“… Okay, let’s take a 15-minute break,” I let out an annoyed breath.

He sprung out of his seat, cheering wildly before dancing around the room. I stifled a smile. Though this boy was annoying as hell, he wasn’t too bad, I guess.

“You know, I’m curious,” I said, watching as he shimmied on his carpet. “How did you even get to know Club B? You don’t seem like the type of person to hang out there.”

V-oppa stopped dancing and stared at me seriously. His eyes were like lasers, burning me right through the soul. I looked away uncomfortably, unable to take the 180 degree personality change.

“Secret!” he winked and shot me a victory sign before going back to dancing like an Egyptian goddess.

I rolled my eyes, but smiled. Somehow, this annoying head had wormed his way into my heart.

Don’t get me wrong, he was hot definitely, but I wasn’t interested in him that way. He was more like a cute little puppy, and I loved cute little puppies. I was considering bringing some doggy treats for him the next round, but that seemed a little over the top.

“Hey Mimi,” he sat down onto his chair and stared at me with his smouldering almond eyes. “Do you like competitions?”

“Huh?” I cocked my head. “What competition?”

He unlocked his phone and scrolled through a few messages before showing me a screenshot.

“Seoul University Annual Talent Competition,” I read aloud, as V-oppa stared eagerly at me. “25th September 3pm-7pm. Open to public. You’re asking me to join the competition? It’s like, three weeks from now. I don’t even sing.”

“No, silly,” V-oppa patted me on the head.

I adjusted my hair back, shooting him a deadly glare. Somehow he was immune to that, the effect rolling off like water off a duck’s back.

“I’m joining the competition with my friends and the audience votes are 40%! Come down and support us!” his demeanour changed into that of a puppy, complete with wagging tail. “Please~”

“25th September is a Sunday,” I cocked my eyebrow drily. “Don’t we have tuition on that day?”

“Oh, I forgot to mention,” he chuckled sheepishly. “I can’t make it on 25th September.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Ugh, fine, I’ll come…” I said. “If you pay attention for the rest of the lessons until then.”

“It’s a deal!” he cheered loudly, earning a small grin from me.

“Oh, speaking of which,” I recalled. “I can’t make it on the week before your competition. My father’s publisher is coming, so I have to be home to cook dinner.”

V-oppa cocked his head curiously, before deciding that it wasn’t worth probing into.

We proceeded back to the lesson, him finally paying utmost attention.

---

The music thumped loudly. I sat on a barstool by myself as I watched Mirae dance her heart out, grinding against as many people as she could. Somehow she seemed a bit more aggressive than normal, whipping her head and gyrating in tune with the music.

Kyung-oppa slid a glass of apple juice my way and I caught it, the meniscus of the liquid sloshing precariously towards the edge.

“Why do you look so down?” he sauntered over, wiping a glass down with a cloth.

“A toy of mine is going out of hand,” I said, sipping the apple juice.

Kyung-oppa chuckled, setting his glass down onto the bar counter with a thunk.

“I know you’ll make him piss his pants,” he said. “Go teach that boy a lesson.”

I wrinkled my nose. Kyung-oppa was right. Jungkook did deserve to be taught a lesson. I had clearly stated that he was my toy and mine alone, so what right did he have to go frolic with other people, like he had freedom?

So why did I feel so… bad about it? Jungkook was nothing but a toy… right?

I ground my teeth in frustration. He would pay, regardless of how I felt.

With that, I pushed myself off the chair and headed to school to pick Hinsaek up, before heading home.

---

Hoseok traversed through the hallways, looking up and down for that familiar shock of brown hair, which was rather tough seeing as the entire school seemed to comprise brown-heads only. Like, he could only see brown hair and nothing else! He peeked his head into classroom 2-C, the dreaded classroom, but he had no choice, seeing as he had to meet Jungkook to discuss his moves with him.

He felt an impact on his abdomen. Stumbling backwards, he glared downwards to see who had walked straight into him.

“O-oops, sorry,” that familiar voice came sheepishly, before the owner recognised him and the tone switched straight into tiger mode. “Superhero-sunbaenim?”

He blanched. Of all days to run into Lee Youngmi, it had to be today, when he had to discuss things involving his secret with Jungkook.

As if she read his thoughts, her eyes turned understanding as the smirk on her face widened.

“You better hide your secret, sunbaenim,” she purred. “Children as good as you shouldn’t be involved with gangs or fighting.”

With that she flounced off, clearly pleased with herself.

Hoseok stared at her retreating back in confusion.

What the hell was she talking about?

---

I stifled a grin. I’d finally done it. I’d gotten dirt on Superhero-sunbaenim! Oh glory, what sort of things could I do with this information?

I’d already shared my information with Mirae about Jungkook, and she had written it down into her notebook. I didn’t see the point of hiding anything anymore, seeing as we would have to work together if we wanted to rule this school.

This was great. I felt great. Nothing could stop me now!

With a delighted cackle, I made my way back to the courtyard to retrieve Hinsaek, not glancing back and receiving the look of confusion Superhero-sunbaenim was sending me.

Meeeeeeeeeep sorry there wasn't much in there ><