One Team

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I let my feet swing aimlessly off the edge of the rooftop, letting the breeze ruffle my unbrushed hair. The rooftop was the most secluded area of the school, so naturally, this is where I came for lunch everyday. Ripping open a packet of bread with my teeth, I started to slowly chew while observing a tall building in the distance.

General Park Lee, an enormous military official, lived in that apartment building on the top suite, and I knew it wasn't long until I had to go pay him a little visit. He was gaining too much power, and his military tactics were threatening the power of North Korea.

"Whatcha looking at?"

In a split second, I swung my legs back onto the rooftop and landed stealthily on the balls of my feet. "Who the hell are you?"

Taehyung gave you a boxy smile. "I'm pretty sure you know me."

Him again? No one ever came up onto the rooftop except for me...what was he doing here?

"I'll leave." I was shoving my books into my worn-out backpack when his hand grabbed mine, holding it still.

"No it's fine. I just needed to come up here for some shots for my photography class. If you don't mind, I took some photos of you-"

"Delete them. Please." I tugged at the bottom of my mouth with my teeth while avoiding his eyes. I couldn't ever be associated in anyway with Taehyung. Because he's the most popular boy in school, it's obvious that all the attention would be turned to me and that's the last thing I want in this world.

"It's just a picture, and you looked so pretty that uh..." Taehyung nervously chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck.

Pretty? Me? This kid is either blind or has a severe concussion.

"If you just brushed your hair out of your face," He delicately took my ragged hair and swept it behind my ear, "then you'd be able to see it better."

His eyes darted across your face, taking in all my features as fast as he could. His face slacked and he continued to stare into my eyes with a dazed look.

"Use the photos, I don't care. Just...just let me go." I broke his gaze and ran past him, trying to get away from him as fast as possible. Breathe in breathe out. It wasn't working! I could feel my face burning, and all the breathing excersises weren't working.

I could join the Olympics from how fast I was running down the stairs. Why was I even running? I was never taught to run, only to confront. But for some reason, that boy scared me more than any enemy I ever fought.

I crashed into the classroom and occupied my usual spot. I pressed my hand upon my heart and pressed down upon it, trying to steady it's irregular beating.

"Awh is our little Yuri feeling sick?" Sunny sauntered up to me and flicked my nose.

"No." I flinched back from and resisted the strong urge to snap her finger.

"C'mon! I just want to help. Here, maybe this will cool your temperature a little?" A small group of people had formed around my desk. Their eyes were hungrily taking in everyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter