Let Him Go

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world around me slowed.

I dug my quivering hands into my skirt, my knuckles turning white from the pressure.

I gazed into Taehyung's downturned eyes, and let out a barely audible whisper. "What did you say?"

He got off from his armchair and cautiously approached me. Kneeling beside my stiff body, he raised his hand to touch my arm.

I recoiled at the speed of light and pushed myself off the sofa. Pacing to the other side of the room, I tried to organize my jumbled thoughts.

President. Son of the president. The last goddamn person I should be associated with. The last goddamn person he would want to be with.

"Y-yuri." Taehyung awkardly stood across the room from me, unable to approach my vivid stature.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What could I have said? 'Hey, guess what? I'm the president's son! Surprise!'"

I bit my bottom lip and took a deep breath through my nose. "Yes. That's exactly what you should have done." Tears were starting to obscure my vision. "You lied to me."

I wasn't crying because he lied. I was crying because I now found a reason why I should stay away from Taehyung...for good.

"I...I let the lie go too far." Taehyung took one careful stride across the room, getting a bit closer to me. "I'm sorry."

Reflexively, I took one step back. "You hid your damn identity from me Tae. From everyone."

He took one stride towards me again, and like last time, I took a hesistant step back. "I did it because I didn't want to be the President's son. My whole life I had all these expectations, all this weight on my shoulders because of my father's business. Then he went off and got elected as the president through his economic campaign, and I thought I was going to snap Yuri."

He took one last stride towards me, and I was trapped. My back hit the cold wall.

He gently took my hand and held it, squeezing gently. "You probably think I'm a selfish jerk right now. And I'm not going to deny it. I am." He sighed. "It was just me and my mother. But after she left, it was just me. I wanted to die along with her Yuri."

Hot tears were streaming down my face as I held in a scream. We did this to him. We killed his mother.

His soft hand held my cheek, his thumb wiping my tears. "Why are you crying?"

I grabbed his wrist and pulled his hand down. I didn't deserve him. It would kill him if he knew who I was. I had no right to be angry...I was hiding a bigger secret than him.

I gave a small smile through my tears.  "I...I don't think we should do this anymore."

"D-do what?" Taehyung searched my face, his eyes wide with concern.

"See eachother."

"Wait what? Why? Because I'm the son of the president? You know this doesn't change who I am, right?" His words flowed out like an open faucet, trying to change my mind.

"It changes everything about you Tae. I dated you because you were...normal. Now I can't handle it."

Taehyung desperatel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter