Favorite Food

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I unconsiously grasped Yoongi's cardigan as I stared at the stone stairs that led to the main entrance of Seoul High School.

"We should go back. Nope, we need to go back. I can't do this Yoongi!" I started to walk backwards but Yoongi grabbed me by my wrist and jerked his head in the direction behind me.

"I think it's too late for that."

I squeezed my eyes shut and swore under my breath. "He's here, isn't he?"

Yoongi nodded and switched his grip from my wrist to my hand. "You agreed to this because you wanted to remember? Forget about your stress for one day...forget that you're a spy and just have fun Yuri. You deserve this. I'll be at our house okay?"

"That's...you're right. Thanks Comrade." I gave him a soft smile and for a split second, his grip got tighter on my hand, as if he didn't want me to go.

Reluctantly, he loosened his grip and stepped away from me. "See you in a bit okay?" After ruffling my hair, I watched him walk away from the school, his lonely back getting further and further away.

I felt absolutely lost and uncomfortable without him by my side. I wanted to sprint after him and go home, where I'd be completely safe. More and more people started to gather in front of the stairs, hugging and taking pictures together. I awkardly shuffled to the side and craned my neck, looking for Taehyung.

I spotted him in the crowd, also craning his neck. Was he looking for me? He was wearing a tailored black suit with a crisp white button-down paired with a black tie. His usual messy hair was slightly gelled up and I felt an unfamiliar feeling in my stomach. 

Ignorning the tightening in my stomach, I squirmed through the mob of people, avoiding the camera flashes and girls squealing in excitement. A few meters away from him, I jerked my hand up and waved, trying to get his attention.

To my surprise, he completely disregarded my wave and looked past me. He was still scoping the entrance, and I swore he looked past me each time. Ugh is he blind?!

"Yah! Kim Taehyung!" I impatiently walked towards him and waved my hand in his face. "Do you not see me? I've been in the same spot for the past five minutes."

Taehyung's eyes darted across my face. He looked me up and down and scratched his head with his mouth slightly agape. "Y-yuri?"

"Yeah. It's me." I kept a poker face, but inside I was jumping around with nervousness. Does he not like what I'm wearing? Is it my makeup?

Taehyung's slackened face slowly transformed into a smile so wide, it filled up half his face. "You look stunning Yuri, like a princess."

"A princess?" I laughed and shook my head. "I'm the complete opposite of a princess Taehyung."

He held out his arm, indicating that I take it. I gently looped my arm into his, and he started guiding me towards the stairs. "Well Yuri, you're my princess for the night."

I almost tripped up the stairs, resulting in Taehyung grabbing my waist. I quickly steadied myself while silently cursing my heels. I'm his princess for the night? It was so revoltingly cheesy, but I had to admit...I didn't mind hearing it.

Right as the doors opened, I heard the pounding music seeping through the doors of the gym. The closer we got, the louder the music and voices became.

"Are you ready?"

Breathing through my nose, I gave him an unsure nod. With that, I was pulled onto the dance floor.

I wanted to butterfly kick everyone on the dance floor that got in a five foot radius of me. Their hot bodies squirmed up against mine as they jumped up and down to the beat.

Taehyung was all smiles as he bounced up and down. About 90% of the girls were battling to get a spot next to him. It was like a survival game of who could twerk and grind up against him the most. With extreme fluidy, he dodged each of the girls and managed to shimmy to my side every time.

"Dance with me!" He yelled over the blaring music.

"I can't! Er, well, I never danced before!" I had to practically scream back at him. The closest thing I got to dancing was martial arts, and I couldn't exactly do that here; especially in these killer heels.

"Anyone can dance!" He took my hands and started to swing them back and forth while shaking his hips. I awkwardly jerked my head to the beat but slowly, I let the music take control of my moves. I jumped up and down with Taehyung while swaying my hips. For the first time, I was genuinely enjoying myself, and with the music and Taehyung, I forgot about my true identity.

The music suddenly quieted down and was replaced with the DJ's cheesy voice. "Ladies and gentlemen. Now's the time to snuggle up real close to your dates as I turn on some sweet tunes for ya'll. Anyone interested in slow-dancing, remain on the floor!"

I started to head out of the dance floor when I was abruptly twirled around. I slammed into Taehyung's chest, my hand over his heart.

"W-what are you doing?"

Grabbing my waist, he pulled me in closer. "Dancing with you, silly."

Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Aloud" filled the room, and the numerous couples around us all started to sway back and forth to the soothing music.

Before I knew it, I was moving in unison with Taehyung too, our eyes locked onto eachother.

"So, what's your favorite food?"

I chuckled at his question. "A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter