True Identity

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think I failed this physics test." Taehyung pouted and weakily shoved his lunch around his plate with his chopsticks.

I looked up from my own lunch. "Why?"

He threw his chopsticks onto his tray and rubbed his face in distress. "I don't know! All this acceleration, velocity, force, and ARGH!!"

I chuckled at how cute he was. Physics was one of my easiest classest. Back in North Korea, the trainees all had to master it in order to understand engineering. It was quite simple, really.

"I wish I could help you Tae." I nudged his chopsticks back into his hands and encouraged him to eat.

"Wait!" Taehyung jumped oout of his chair, startling a few students around us. "You can help me!"

I nodded my head in apology at the poor kid who almost choked on his chicken.

"You can tutor me!"

It was my turn to choke on my chicken. I frantically chugged my water while Taehyung excitedly clapped his hands.

"You're amazing at physics. It'll be a piece of cake for you."

I wiped my mouth with my sleeve and took a deep breath. "I-I'm really not that good. I probably won't teach you anything."

Nervously chuckling, I picked up my food tray and started to walk towards the trash in hopes of Taehyung forgetting about it.

"C'mon, please Yuri? It's not like I'm asking you to plan an assasination with me."

I winced at his last sentence. Placing my tray on the rack, I spun around and folded my arms across my chest in a sassy manner. "No Taehyung. Hire a tutor, not me."

"Did somebody say tutor?" Sunny magically flounced out of thin air in between me and Taehyung.

"Uh yeah. I need a physics tutor."

Sunny smiled and flipped her hair into my face. "Well you're in luck. I just aced my physics test and I'm on an all A streak! I can definitely help you out...for free." She winked and playfully nudged Taehyung's shoulder.

Of course, innocent Taehyung didn't get the flirty hint and thankfully gave her a wide smile. "Really? Would you do that for me?"

My mouth swung open behind Sunny. Hello? Was he stupid?!

I cleared me throat. "Taehyung. Are you SURE you want Sunny as your tutor?"

Taehyung, not taking the hint once again, shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, if you aren't going to do it, someone has to right? And she said she'd do it for free. Where would I ever find an opportunity like this?"

Sunny smirked and gave me a pitiful pout.

This little bish. Who knows what she'd do with Taehyung? That idiot would accidently fall for one of her tricks and get himself into trouble.

I threw my hands up in the hair. "You won't need to tutor him Sunny. He already has one."

"I do?" Taehyung scratched his head in confusion.

"Yes you idiot." I yanked on his backpack strap and dragged him out of the cafeteria. "Me."

---

Dating Taehyung was natural now. It was a part of my everyday life, and I thought little of it. Or, well, I refused to think of it. If I thought too hard, I would think of all the reasons I shouldn't be dating him...reasons I shouldn't be happy.

Sometimes, I break out into random cold sweats. Flashbacks of my kills come back to me. It's strange how I feel emotion when I was trained to do the complete opposite.

"Yuri!"

Taehyung's face focused in front of mine. "Oh, yeah, sorry." I rubbed my eyes. "What were we talking about?"

"I swear Yuri, you always zone out." Taehyung slipped his hand into mine. "We were talking about where we should go to tutor."

"Ah, that." I sighed. "We could go to that cafe we always go to."

"Yeah, sounds good."

The sun was already setting, an indigo sky replacing the red and orange streaks. It was nice, just walking down a street with Taehyung's hand in mine.

On the way to the cafe in Seoul, we had to pass by a few clubs. It wasn't a big deal; they were everywhere in Seoul. But today, the clubs were especially bustling. Maybe because it was a friday?

There were a few drunken men already swaying around, trying to flirt with all the girls in short skimpy skirts.

Taehyung's grip on my hand tightened. "Maybe we shouldn't have come down this way today."

I rolled my eyes. "Were fine Tae. We're not the only one's walking around here."

Taehyung pursued his lips and briskly nodded.

"Hey, pretty lady!" A bunch of hyena-like laughs erupted behind me.

"What the hell-"

I held onto Taehyung's arm and continued to drag him forward. "Ignore them Tae. We're almost at the cafe."

"Where you going girl? Is that your boyfriend you got there?" The voices got closer, and I sped up my walking. "You mind if we borrow her for a bit? We'll pay for the ."

Taehyung froze next to me. He was going to stir up trouble. I just knew it.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND?"

I squeezed my eyes shut. He really shouldn't have done that.

"You mad son? Just let us have your girl. She doesn't look at all that special anyway."

I slowly turned around and faced the ignorant beasts. Two were short and portly, while another two were lanky. They looked like the ultimate douches.

"Go home boys. And we'll be on our way." I shooed them with my hand, my face expr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter