I'll Protect You

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I skipped into my house, my cheeks flush with the cold. "Yoongi! Are you in here?"

Suga lazily walked out of the bathroom with a toothbrush out of his mouth. He wore gray sweatpants slung low on his hips with a black hoodie. "How was the party?" He said through a mouthful of toothpaste.

I shrugged and threw my heels off. Plopping down onto the sofa, I massaged my swollen feet. Those heels were worse than any torture device.

Now toothpaste-free, Yoongi sat next to me, his weight sinking the sofa in. "What's with the shrug? Did you have fun?"

I playfully shrugged again and headed towards my room. "It was alright."

I quickly shimmied out of my dress and hung it in the closet. I the soft fabric one more time, smiling at the memories it carried. I put on an oversized t-shirt and pajama pants; much to my relief -- the dress wasn't exactly the most comfortable.

Yoongi needed a place to sleep...The sofa would have to do. I pulled a thick winter comforter out, topped with a pillow. With the bundle in my arms, I bounced back into the living room and threw the blanket on top of Yoongi.

"Yah!" He peeked his head out of the huge comforter, prompting a giggle out of me.

It took me a solid 10 minutes to scrub the makeup off my face. This stuff was potent, like some type of glue. But despite the struggle, I felt a hundred times lighter after all of it was removed.

Back in the kitchen, I poured myself a tall glass of water. As I was chugging it, Yoongi stared at me from the couch.

I put the glass in the sink and wiped my lips with the back of my hand. "What are you staring at?"

Yoongi snorted. "You said it was 'alright.' Is that it?"

I rolled my eyes. "You sound like a teenage girl who wants some juicy gossip."

"Well it's just that your details were kinda sparse."

I smiled and sat in a pretzel in front of the coffee table, across from Yoongi. "Hmm...It was something that I never been through before. I...I was able to forget about who I was."

Yoongi slowly nodded and looked past me at the wall. "That's nice."

Something seemed off in his voice. Was it hurt? Anger?

"Uh, thanks." Silence filled the room, so I quickly averted the topic. "How are you liking the house?"

"I'm really comfortable. Thanks a lot for housing me. I'll help out around the house and the bills."

I was relieved to know that he was settled in. I really wanted him to be as happy as possible. Like me, his parents had died, or were killed. You never knew your past in North Korea, and sometimes, we didn't even know our family. The trainees only had eachother in North Korea and Yoongi and I had developed a special bond. Even if the bond was severed for a while, I was determined to rekindle it.

"Yeah, no problem. It'll be nice to having to not be alone all the time." I smiled and got off the ground. "I'm pretty beat, so I'll go to bed, okay? Goodnight Yoongi."

"Goodnight Yuri."

---

"So, do you think you're something special becuase Taehyung oppa took you to the dance?"

I heavily sighed while I grabbed a bagel from the food stand. All I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter