Silence

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't like the silence that eminated through the house. Barely any words passed between Yoongi and I, but that was for the better. The silence, however, left me alone with my thoughts.

The windows were opened. I wouldn't have known they were until I heard the sound of childrens laughter seeping through. It was a nice distraction to the mess that was my mind.

"I thought you would appreciate the fresh air," Yoongi said, his voice low and flat. "I know it's cold, but it'll bring some color back into your face."

I knew Yoongi was frustrated with me. We would probably be able to return to North Korea tomorrow, and this in itself was an event that should be celebrated. I should be on my toes, planning out every detail of the assasination. Honored, is what I should be feeling, because assasinating the president was the most coveted mission in years.

But I couldn't find myself to celebrate because it felt wrong. Every single aspect of my duty felt wrong. Yet silence still permeated the house because I'm a coward. I can't stand up for anything.

"Thanks Yoongi. It feels nice."

Yoongi's fingers tapped faintly on the window sill as he stared outside at the laughing children, excitedly scraping up the thin layer of snow that had accumulated overnight.

"The plan's all written out," Yoongi told me, ignorning my small wince. "General Yoo is unaware of your state. You must keep it together comrade." HIs fingers stopped the rhytmic tapping. "There is only so much that I can do."

"I'm sorry Yoongi."

He closed the door, shutting out the childrens laughter. Silence filled the room again, only to be filled with Yoongi's softened voice. "I'm sorry too Yuri. I'm sorry I can't do anything to fix this."

I wasn't sure what he wanted to fix, but I could only suspect that it was me.

---

15 hours until our mission. 15 hours until we assasinated the president, sending a message of ultimate power and victory for our people. 15 hours until Yoongi and I would be free to go to home. 15 hours until I would kill Kim Taehyung's father.

"The event is for the homeless youth. To maintain his image, President Kim is going to converse and shake hands with the youth while handing out gifts in the banquet hall," Yoongi explained, his hands movin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter