Photo

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Comrade Woo."

I stared into the souless eyes of Sangjang (Colonel General) Yoo. He towered over me with his immense strength and his starch green uniform screamed intimidation. The long scar that ran from his forehead to his cheek was partially covered by his cap, yet it never failed to make me flinch.

"Sangjang Yoo." I erected my body straight and gave a him respectful salute.

"You have failed your mission Comrade Woo." His hand slowly reached behind his back as he stared intently into my intense eyes.

"No sir. I am forever loyal to our leader!"

He clicked his tongue and slowly lifted a gun up to your head. "Betrayers must pay a price."

I couldn't fight back. No matter what I said, he wouldn't listen. He was probably ordered to kill me, and a order by our leader mustn't be disobeyed.

My eyes squeezed shut as I awaited the shot. My death would be quick...I wouldn't feel a thing. Maybe I'd be able to see my parents, who the officials say are dead. Or maybe I'll be happier anywhere else than here.

A warm hand laced into mine and it gently tugged me away from Sangjang Yoo. I opened my eyes and saw a boy with sandy brown hair, giving me a wide smile.

Kim Taehyung.

"Come with me. I'll keep you safe."

I woke up in a cold sweat, panting at my dream. I stared up at the ceiling with all my senses fully awake. I was my own alarm. You'd be too if you had to wake up everyday at 4:30 for your whole life.

Crawling out of my squeaky bed, I made my way to the bathroom. The walk wasn't long because my tiny house was built for one person, and it could probably pass as the poorest house in Seoul. Flicking on the lights, I looked into the mirror above my sink.

"Well I look like crap."

For some reason, my dreams were getting stronger each night. But yesterday...he appeared. Usually, it ended with a gunshot...but this time, I woke up alive. His presense seemed so vivid.

Shaking off the thought, I vigourously started to brush my teeth. I WILL NOT BE DISTRACTED BY KIM TAEHYUNG!

Back in my room, I swiftly dressed into black athletic pants and a black long-sleeved shirt. After tying my hopeless hair back, I slipped on a black baseball hat and a mouth mask. I was completely unidentifiable.

It was 5 a.m. now, and the sun hadn't even risen yet. It was still dark out, so I needed to act fast. Today was the day where I had to execute my plan. General Lee was at home now with his wife and two elementry school children. You'd let the wife and kids live. But General Lee...he had to go.

I shoved my school uniform into my backpack and sprinted out my house. The chilly air hit my face as I navigated my way through the empty streets of Seoul. The soles of my feet barely touched the concrete ground and before I knew it, I was standing in front of the apartment that I had spent months observing. Now was my time to break through. I already visited once when General Lee was out of town, just so I could get a scope on the interior.

I checked my watch. 5:10 a.m. I'd be done in 20 minutes max.

Stealthily walking on the balls of my feet, I entered the apartment. Grabbing a small dagger, I aimed it at the security camera and threw it, hitting it straight on its lense. I repeated the process for all the cameras, working fast enough so it couldn't capture my face.

To my luck, no one was awake yet. I easily reached the top floor...almost too easily. It was as if someone had done all the dirty work for me, and all I had to do was walk up the stairs.

"What the hell." I halted at the sight of General Lee's door. It was open.

Someone was already here.

"Sh*t." Grabbing my PSS silent pistol, I crept into the door. The spacious house was pitch dark, but I could distinguish the luxurious furniture through squinted eyes. From my observations, his room was located on the right. Holding my breath, I held

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter