First-Aid Kit

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Climbing up the steep hill, I giggled as my friend struggled to keep up with me. The journey up the hill was easy for me, after all, I trained for 15 hours a day. I couldn't let all that go to waste could I?

"Yuri wait up!"

For the same of my friend, I plop down onto the hill and roll over onto my back. I let the tall grass envelope me as I take in the crisp air.

Bomi collapesed next to me and steadied her ragged breathing. "Ugh, you . Are you showing off that you're better at cardio than me?"

"Bomi comrade. You should really work on catching up to me! When will you ever get a mission if you still can't run up a hill?" I laughed and poked Bomi's side, prompting a snort out of her.

Bomi shifted her body so she was facing me. "Maybe I don't want a mission Comrade. I-I...I just want to be a normal girl."

I froze. With a sneer, I lifted my body off the hill and clenched my teeth. "How dare you Comrade Bomi? You must remain loyal to the country! We must serve our leader, whether we live or die."

Bomi's bottom lip quivered, but because she was trained to hold back her tears, none fell. "I know. But someday, after my mission is over...I dream of living a normal life."

I felt an unfamiliar pressure in my heart. It couldn't be...Did I want the same thing? To live a normal life? But could a programmed killer ever live like the others?

"WOO YURI!"

Bomi and the windy green hills vanished around me as my eyes jolted open. My vision instantly cleared, and I sighed after seeing the all too familiar classroom filled with ignorant students that knew nothing except for what was going on in their little bubble of a world. They all snickered amongst eachother, laughing at my messy appearance.

"Yes Teacher Lee?"

Impatiently tapping his ruler against the board, Teacher Lee sent you a death glare. "I said, solve question 3 on the board."

I wanted to laugh in his face. The questions we were going through were all basic to me. Back at North Korea, I was drilled with questions and I had to get them right. If I didn't, I faced consequences. No meals, beatings, and extra training hours were all familiar to me.

Swiftly walking up to the board, I solved the problem in a few seconds. On the way back to my seat, I clearly saw the foot that was sticking out in the aisle. That witch Sunny found her daily joy in harrassing you. But instead of avoiding it, I let myself trip over it and fall onto my face. I have to keep up my fake identity, and that includes being a clumsy loser.

"Oops! Looks like something got caught in my foot again." The whole class erupted in laughter, and from the corner of your eye, I saw Teacher Lee flash a smile too.

I could kill all of them. It would be like chewing gum for me. But I couldn't, at least, not yet. For now, I had to take their lame forms of entertainment and succumb to their power. My mission was to infilirate the government, not to fight the petty bullies at a highschool.

Shading my face with my hair, I stumbled back to my desk and closed my eyes, returning to North Korea where all my friends were.

-

The walk home everyday is around 15 minutes. Through rain or shine, I walked home. One would think that the officals would give me some money when they sent me on my mission, but nope. They dropped my right in the middle of Seoul to fend for myself. No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter