Chapter 9

You're My Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]

CHAPTER 9 [/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2] 3288 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] 

The cold breeze hit her face when she stepped out from the house. It was raining heavily last night concluded the reason of the cold weather that morning. Now that she had friends to walk with, she decided to just walk to school everyday with Kyungsoo and Kai, completely ignored her old pink bicycle.

She yawned tiredly and muffled her yawn in her palm. She had been staying up all night revising the chapter of Physics since the teacher told about having quiz this week. Well, she actually a bit in her studies so she had to put a little bit more effort on it. Especially Physics. Even how hard she revised the chapters, she still couldn't scored in her test. Don't blame her for having an average IQ level. 

She started her pace and walked while enjoying the beautiful nature. Before this she couldn’t do such thing because she was living in the city which didn't have these kind of feeling; the feeling of being surrounded by nature. She went to school with her dad by car back then.

The feelings was sure different. 

After a few minutes, as expected, she bumped into Kyungsoo and Kai at the same T - Junction and they walked together.

"Kyungsoo, why do you look cuter today?" Na Mi tilted her head, observing Kyungsoo who was somehow looked different from usual.

Kyungsoo blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Really? Nah, I don't think so. I've changed my hair style that's why I look a bit different, though."

"Really? Whoa...You look good with it!" Na Mi awed, observing his new hair style. 

"I'll take that as a compliment, then. Thank you." He smiled shyly, feeling good all of sudden.

"Yes, really. I feel like I want to squeeze you into a ball." She made an action of squeezing something with her small hand.

Kyungsoo laughed. "Enough, Na Mi. You made me blushed. "

"You're blushing? Aw, that's really cute of you."

Out of sudden, Kai cleared his throat loudly and probably dilebarately making both of them turned to look at him.

"Oh, hi Jongin! How are you today?" Na Mi beamed at him widely.

Unfortunately,  Kai was being his statue self again, not even responding and replying her but only stared ahead like she didn't exist in this world. Na Mi's eyes twitched at his 4D charms.

"Bipolar," Na Mi rolled her eyes.

"It's okay, Na Mi. You have me to talk with." Kyungsoo assured as he slung his left arm on Na Mi's shoulder.

"I know right? You're way more fun to talk with." Na Mi grinned and put her right arm on Kyungsoo's waist, pulling him to walk a bit far from Kai.

'Wow! Massive skinship.' Kai thought as he stared at both of them in indescribable way or it was more like a glare? Almost, maybe. Somehow his stare maybe could penerate through their heads, creating holes. He tried to remove his stare away from them, but he just couldn’t.  He even faked a cough several times but they just ignored it as they were immersed in their own conversation. In the end, Kai couldn't help to huff in annoyance.

"You know, you're so popular with guys." Kyungsoo said, still not breaking their skinship.

Na Mi laughed, somehow finding it funny. "I don't think so." 

He had got to be kidding her. She wasn't smart like other girls, she didn't have those long and slender legs which were boys' favourite, she was a stupid and a weird girl. Impossible what Kyungsoo had said was true.

"No that's the truth. I know because I'm a guy. Even the Student Council likes you."

She still could not take his words seriously. "Suho? " 

"Yeah, my bestfriend,"

"Haha! I didn't ever bumped into him once, though. Impossible he likes me."

"Maybe love at the first sight? Really. He told me that he likes you. He was planning to treat you lunch today at the cafeteria."

"Really?"

"Yeah.."

"Can I not go? He is kind of creepy."

Kyungsoo laughed loudly, finding her face right now amusing. "Lunch with me, then."

"If it is you, I'm on!" Na Mi pumped her fist on the air and Kyungsoo ruffled her hair while chuckling. 

Really. Even Kyungsoo admitted that he liked her too.

 

■□■□■□■

 

Kai was taking out his books out from his lockers when he heard a group of boys were talking something that caught his attention. He eavesdropped their conversations as he slowly took out his books.

 

"Okay, that's it. If she fell for the bait, the winner gets 100$, deal?"

"Wow! Okay, deal!"

"Wait, wait, wait. What are you guys talking about?"

"Aish! Such a busybody don't you?"

"What? I just want to know, can't I?"

"Aish! Do you know Na Mi? The new student?"

"Oh, that cute but wierd girl?"

"Yeap. We made a bet. If she wants to lunch with one of us is the winner,"

"But not that easy. We're not just going to have lunch with her~ We've to do 'something' more. The one who is able to make her fall for the bait is the winner,"

"But why her? Min Ah is hotter, though. Just look at her s,"

"Oh man, I know right? But you know how she is, she will kick our balls off if she finds out about our bet!"

"But still, why Na Mi? There's many girls that way more smart than her,"

"That's why! She's noob so we can fool her!"

"And stupid,"

"But she's cute,"

"Wait. Can I join too?" 

"Just--"

 

BAMM!!

Kai slammed his locker loudly making their conversation abruptly stopped and the students around him also flinched in surprise at his sudden action. Kai strode to his class with fuming heart. 

"What the heck?"

"I know right?"

"Mentality disorder,"

"Ugh, I hate him,"

"Same here,"

 

Kai saw Kyungsoo was walking down the hall before he pulled Kyungsoo roughly by his wrist. Kyungsoo's eyes widened in shock.

"Are you joining the bet too?" His tone was dark which creep Kyungsoo's out. 

 "Bet? What bet?" He frowned in confusion as tried to pry his wrist from his tight grip but he failed because Kai tightened it even more.

"Don't you dare lying to me. Then, why did you asked Na Mi to lunch with you?" Kai's glare penerated through Kyungsoo's eyes. Kyungsoo really had no idea what he was talking about.

"What? I was just asking for a lunch. Nothing else. Why would I lie to you? I don't even understand what you're talking about," Kyungsoo frowned. There were times where Kyungsoo despised him although he considered Kai as his friend and this was the time Kyungsoo despised him. The time when he mad out of nowhere.

Kai looked at him a bit too long, still trying to comprehend Kyungsoo's words before he spoke, "The bet. You know, ain't you?"

"What bet?!" Kyungsoo's frown was getting deeper and deeper as he tried to pull his wrist from his grip. 

"Na Mi. Using Na Mi for the bet,"

This time, Kyungsoo snapped his hand away from Kai's grip and with his ears suddenly turned colour.

"I don't even know about that bet and even if I know I won't give a damn about it because I won't do such things to a girl like Na Mi," Kyungsoo said through his greeted teeth.

"And one more, why are you so bother to care about her? It didn't make sense at all. You don't even care about other people all these time though," Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows and Kai rolled his eyes before he walked away.

 Even Kai himself wondered Kyungsoo's question. Right, why should he care about her? It wasn't his business either. He didn’t have to so bothered and mad about that, though.

'Stupid, mind your own business, Jongin.'

 

■□■□■□■

 

Na Mi was confused. From the moment she entered the school gate until she was heading to the cafeteria for breakfast, boys kept looking at her direction, smiling, cooing and some even gave flirtatious smirk. It was so strange because before this they did not give a for her. Ignoring the stares, she headed towards the cafeteria for breakfast after she took out her books from her locker since she hadn't take her breakfast yet. 

Suddenly, she bumped into a cute boy, with chubby cheeks and single eye-lids but yet his eyes were so beautiful.

"Hello, I'm Minseok." He introduced himself. "Sorry for getting in your way, but can you lunch with me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter