Chapter 10

You're My Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 10 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 3403 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

 Kreaaakk... 

The old music room door made a sound when Kai opened it which sent goosebumps to Na Mi. Kai removed his shoes, leaving him barefooted; only with the socks on. The clueless Na Mi did the same, just following what he did. Kai had already entered the dark music room but Na Mi still rooted in front the door frame, feeling doubtful to enter the creepy room. 

"Aish, just come in."

Kai pulled her inside the room by wrist and closed the door. Na Mi's fear replaced with amazement as soon as Kai switched on the light. She was expecting a dusty room with old furniture and some spider webs but she was wrong.

The room gave the feelings of home; warm and cozy. There were mirror wall, sofa, some music instruments, coffee table and even a small refrigerator! It was really clean and neat with good scent. She didn't expect the creepy music room that looked like haunted house from outside was actually a cozy room inside.

Like people say, don't judge a book by it's cover. 

Kai went to the refrigerator before he opened it and took out two cartons of banana milk. 

"Catch," He tossed a carton to her and she caught it easily.

"Thanks," Na Mi thanked him as she took her seat on the sofa. Kai took his seat on the floor instead, gulping the milk down his throat. 

"Do you want to eat?" Kai asked as he got up and looked through the refrigerator. "What do you want? I only have some fruits and salad though. Oh, there's some ice creams too," He turned to look at her with what-do-you-want look.

"Ice cream would be nice," 

With that, Kai took out a container of ice cream with a spoon and handed it to her. She took it, opened the container and dug a spoonful of the vanilla ice cream before she brought it into , letting the ice cream melted in . 

"Are you only eating this during lunch break everyday?" Na Mi asked Kai who was watching her eating.

Kai quickly turned to look at somewhere else. "Not really, sometimes I bring some burgers or black bean noodles."

"Oh... What are you doing here? I mean do you come here just to eat? Why don't you just eat in the cafeteria?" Na Mi asked out of curiosity as she stuffed a spoonful of ice cream into .

Kai took a seat beside her and leaned his back on the sofa comfortably as he stared at the ceiling with both of his hands were behind his head. 

 

"What did I do?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I dance,"

 

"You do dance?" Na Mi bit the spoon while looking at him in amazement.

Kai nodded, still staring at the ceiling. "I do jazz and ballet,"

"Really? Whoa... Show me! I want to see!" Exited Na Mi put the ice cream on the table as she stood up and pulled Kai's arm. Feeling his arm being pulled, he sat properly.

"You really want to see?"

Na Mi nodded vigorously with an anticipate smile. 

No one had ever asked him nor knew that he actually did dance. For him, he felt this kind of tingling feeling when someone ask him to dance. He just loved dance so much. He really wanted to show off his talent to everyone, but he never got the chance. And now, Na Mi had given him the opportunity and he wasn't going to miss it. Even it was just one person, it was enough for him.

"Then, I'll show you,"

Kai got up and went to the speaker to turn on the music while Na Mi sat on the sofa to watch him dance. She never knew that Kai could dance.

The music started; it was a slow music that brought in romantic and historical feelings and Kai was ready to dance. Na Mi didn't know why she felt nervous all of sudden. 

When it reached the certain beat, Kai started dancing following the rhythm, sync with the music beats. His movements looked like rivers winding their way through his bones. Everything matched the music, as if the backbeat was his heartbeat and the melody was his blood. He went through every move with fluidity and ease. It could tell that it took a lot of practice and ample physical ability to get everything down perfectly.

She was stunned. He was really a good dancer. She had never seen someone dance as good as him. She was just expecting some typical moves, but Kai proved her wrong. His movements was just... Incredibly perfect! She didn't know what had gotten into her, but her heart was beating rapidly at every each sharp movement that had made by Kai. 

The 2 minutes and 30 seconds song ended. Kai ended his dance with a y move; ing his hips. 

Na Mi was blown away.

"How was it?" He asked for a feedback as he ran his fingers through his hair. He grabbed the mineral water and drank it.

She admitted that he looked really attractive at that moment, with sweat trickling down his neck, his adam apple bobbing up and down; gulping the water and his messy hair. Why suddenly Kai, the cold famous creep, turned this hot? He looked hotter than Luhan, Sehun and Chanyeol, really. 

 

"Na Mi, I'm asking."

 

Na Mi was  back to earth and blinked repeatedly. "W-what did you ask?"

"I asked, did my dancing was too bad until you couldn't give me a feedback?" There was a hint of disappointment in his eyes.

Na Mi's eyes widened as she vigorously shook her head, denying his false accusation.

"No! Your dance was so perfect, amazing! I was totally blown away you know? That's why I was speechless!" Na Mi told him with confidence. 

"Really?" Though his expression didn't show, but his tone sounded he was indeed really happy hearing those words that come out from . He had never heard someone compliment his dancing before this although he really hope so.

"Yes, really. I'm telling you the truth." Na Mi flashed a sincere smile to him.

Kai was trying so hard to keep his face stay composed seeing her breath-taking smile.

 

"How long you've been dancing?"

 

"Since I was seven," 

 

"Wow! Impressive! Who taught you? Your father?"

 

At the mention of his father, his face turned dark, and his eyes became hard. 

 

"No. I learnt by myself."

 

She noticed the change of Kai's expression so she decided to change the topic. "So, you just come here everyday to just eat and dance? That's all?"

 

"Kind of,"

 

Na Mi stared at him who was sitting on the floor while leaning his back against the mirror wall in front of her. His hard gaze was on the floor. Somehow she had the feelings that Kai was hiding something. Something that was not good to hear.

"I will just sleep, eat and dance here. Dancing made me forget everything. Everything. Including who I am." He ran his fingers through his hair. He added,

"Sometimes... I will talk to my reflection... Asking my reflection, how has he been..." He slowly turned around and looked at his reflection inside the mirror wall.

Not tearing his gaze away from his reflection, he continued, "Asking him, is he happy with his life? Asking him, why he is like this? Asking him, why he couldn't have a happy life like everyone else?"

Na Mi didn't know what to say. Na Mi could tell there was a hidden meaning behind his words guessing by the way he said those words. Though he was expressionless, the way he said those words sounded so emotional. She had never seen Kai being like this.

"But he himself didn't know the answer." He added. "I tried to make him happy, I tried. I laugh at him, but he asked, why did my laugh sounded rather like was forced? I guess I failed."

 

Silence filled the room. 

 

She knew it. She was right. He was hiding something. There was a hint of sadness behind his tone that made she wanted to comfort him but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter