Chapter 15

You're My Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 15 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]   2061 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

Na Mi had never been this serious and focus on her studies, but today, she seemed to do it well. Why not? She was so eager to win the bet that she had agreed with Kyungsoo although honestly, she was willing to be Kyungsoo's girlfriend if she lose. 

But no. She was eager in winning as she really wanted to find out what was Kai's happiness.

So starting from today, Na mi worked hard in order to win. She started doing research, revisions and gave high concentration in class. No more sleep. 

Since this morning, Na Mi didn't even speak a word or disturb Kai like always but she just focus on the lesson instead. Although it was Physics, the subject that she hated the most. It was surprising that Na Mi was not included in the sleepy group during Physics. Kai could have included in that group too if it was not because of Na Mi's unnatural behavior.  He didn't know why, somehow it bothered him so much.

Because Na Mi didn't disturb him like every usual day.

Because Na Mi was so serious.

Because Na Mi was not talkative like always.

Because Na Mi didn't even give him her motivations like she did every morning.

It bothered him to be honest.

 

'Is she mad because I'm being cold to her yesterday?'

'But she herself told me that she won't expect me to be all nice,'

'What if she likes Kyungsoo?'

'Kyungsoo is a nice guy, cute, sweet, not like me,'

'NO WAY'

 

Kai looked at Na Mi who was jotting down some important points on her tiny notebook. Kai decided to disturb her. He stretched his hand and poked her waist to distract her. Unfortunately,  she was too focus to notice his touch. Kai blinked in disbelief when she was not reacting. Was she just pretending not to notice or she was just too focus?

Kai did not give up and poked her waist again, which was harder than previous one. Na Mi finally flinched at the touch and turned to look at Kai. She threw Kai a 'what?' look. Kai just replied the look with a blink of his eyes.

Shrugging her shoulders, Na Mi turned to the front and focused back on the lesson. 

Two seconds later, Kai poked her waist again but she wasn't reacting. So he poked, poked, poked, and poked over and over again until Na Mi turned again, feeling annoyed. 

"Yah, Jongin. What do you want?"

He blinked at that question. Right, what did he want actually?

Receiving no replies but a blink again from him, Na Mi pretended to be mad by showing off her tiny fist to him with a glare before proceed to her studies. 

Well, do you see something is over-turned here? Basically Kai was being Na Mi and na Mi was being Kai.

Five seconds later, Kai did it again. But this time, he poked her arm instead. Na Mi decided to ignore the continuous pokes as she huffed in annoyance.

'Seriously, what is wrong with him? Don't blame me if I lose the bet. It's hard to see me serious, you know? It is once in a while,'

Kai still did not give up on her ignorance. Truthfully, her ignorance somehow made him evenmore excited to disturb her. This time, her cheeks were the one to be his victim. Kai was having fun poking her soft milky cheek repeatedly.

'MOMMY!!' NaMi was literally screaming inside.

This time, Kai flicked her arm and Na Mi winced in pain.

"Jongin. Please. Stop. I want to do well in this upcoming exam," Her tone was no other than the stern one which made Kai was taken aback.

"Okay. I will stop," Kai rolled his eyes and distant himself from her before turning to the front. He picked his mechanical pencil and started breaking its lid. Na Mi couldn't be any happier than that and focused back on the teacher.

Meanwhile Kai was running out of the lid and he replaced with a new one before he started breaking the lid again. And being his sulky self.

'Oh, she can disturb me anytime she wants but I can't even do that?'

'When she's with Kyungsoo, she can be all nice but me? Huh!'

'I wonder what she did with Kyungsoo that day,'

'She didn't even tell me to smile today,'

'Usually, every morning she will tell me to smile and give me motivation,'

'But today she didn't'

'Is she has gotten bored with me?'

 

Na Mi spared a glance at the quiet Kai beside her. She then giggled quietly seeing his sour face. Like seriously, his face looked like a sad emoticon.

:(    

She didn't know why she found him cute in that sulky face.

Instantly, she grabbed her yellow sticky note and her pen which were inside her green pencil case before scribbling down something on it. Then she distracted Kai's sulky thoughts by sticking the sticky note on his book.

 

 

Before everyone saw it, Kai hid his smile that had crept on his face.

 

◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶

 

It was the end of the school for today and the students dispersed out from the front gate of the school happily while thinking of what they could do after this. And there was Kai, who was dragging Na Mi out of the small gate that he used to go everyday as he looked around as if he had done a crime to make sure people or to be specific, Kyungsoo didn't see them. He was sure if Kyungsoo sees them he would want to tag along. For him, Kyungsoo would ruin everything. Na Mi was proned to Kyungsoo more than him though.

"Yah, we should wait for Kyungsoo though," Na Mi spoke.

Kai really started to believe that Na Mi can read his mind.

Kai didn't reply as he continued to drag Na Mi far away from the school gate until he was sure Kyungsoo wouldn't find them. After he was confident enough that Kyungsoo couldn't find them, he released his grip from Na Mi. 

"Kyungsoo, will be searching for us," Na Mi said realizing that they had ditched Kyungsoo when they were supposed to walk home together.

Scratching the back of his head, Kai tried to find an excuse.

"Uhm-uh.. A-actually I-I want to ask you for help, can you help me?"

Na Mi nodded vigorously,  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter