Chapter 13

You're My Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 13 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

"But that was inappropriate! "

"So what?"

"You shoudn't just read someone's conversation without permission!"

"But I did,"

"You even replied to Sara's message!"

"She's busybody, ain't she?"

"Oh My God, this guy really crack my nerves."

"Oh really? I should be proud,"

They were on their way to the school as usual but this morning was a bit different. Usually Kai would be quiet while Na Mi and Kyungsoo were talking, but this morning Kyungsoo was quiet while Kai and Na Mi were bickering. Why not? As soon as they stumbled at the usual T-junction, Na Mi went over Kai and started complaining about him assaulting her phone violently without her permission but Kai just played innocent as if what he did wasn't wrong. 

Meanwhile Kyungsoo had been quiet at the back through their walk while observing the two teenagers in front of him. As hard and as he didn't like it, Kyungsoo had to admit that they looked perfect as a couple. Kyungsoo frowned at that thought and quickly brushed it away.

Now what was important was Kai. He had been suspicious about Kai since the day he wanted to walk Na Mi home. Kai was really strange these past few days as far as he noticed.

Firstly, Kai was not a morning person. But look at him right now, even Na Mi was nagging at him, he just played deaf and looked to the front. Wow! This was so weird. If it was Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo sure Kai would just shout in his face to get out from his way.

Secondly, the way he talked to Na Mi. Seriously Kyungsoo had known him for years and even lived with him so he knew the differences. For those who didn't know Kai, they would think their conversation right that moment was just a normal conversation but the thing was it was not normal for the person named Kim Jongin. Six years Kyungsoo had been living with him, he had never seen Kai talked to someone in this way. Even with Kyungsoo's parents, he just talk with manners, not in this way. It was just indescribable way; from the way he talked, his intonation, his word choice and even their topic of conversation. Kai that he knew would never talk about something meaningless; he only talked when necessary.  Mostly he wouldn't reply to some questions but now? He even replied to Na Mi's nagging when he didn't have to. Kyungsoo's frown got even deeper.

Thirdly, Kai checked Na Mi's phone. It didn't make sense at all for The Statue checking her phone! For what? What was his purpose? To call someone? Then why did he read her inbox conversation? As far as he knew, Kai wasn't the type who cared about people's business. 

And Kai told Na Mi to stop texting at night.

There were many strange things he wanted to list, but for now, he had known what it means. He had made five points up there and it was really obvious. He knew what it was because he understood. He understood Kai's actions.

He just had to confirm it.

He cleared his throat which made Na Mi turned her attention on him.

"Oh, Kyungsoo! You have been quiet since just now. Are you okay?" Na Mi asked in concern.

He went beside Na Mi and held her hand. Kai's gaze automatically went to their hands.

 "You're ignoring me," 

"I'm sorry!" Na Mi squeezed his hand lightly with a guilty look.

"It's okay," 

"You seem not okay, what should I do?" Na Mi asked.

"No, I'm okay though. But you have to do something for me," He interlaced their fingers as he eyed Kai secretly. Kai was looking at somewhere else.

"Anything for you, Kyungie." 

Kyungsoo couldn't hide his smile at that moment. He was blushing for real. But that didn't stop him to complete his mission so he did as he had planned in his mind. He leaned closer and whispered in her ears, making sure Kai couldn't hear it

"Ice cream," he whispered before he distant himself from her with a smile.

"Okay! As you wish!" Na Mi said as she returned his smile.

Kyungsoo eyed Kai. His face was hard, and he could see Kai's jaw was clenching. Kyungsoo knew the meaning of the familliar reaction.

It was jealousy.

It confirmed. His thought was true.

Kai liked Na Mi too.

And Kyungsoo was not happy with it.

 

■□■□■

  

The break time was here and Na Mi decided to spend half of the break time at the cafeteria with Sara abd Jaemi and another half with Kai in his music room. Kyungsoo had said to her that he wouldn't go for lunch today because he need to go to the library to do some research. 

"Seriously, that time my fingers were shaking when I was typing," Sara shared how she was when she got to know it was The Statue who replied to her text.

Na Mi laughed, "You're so funny! Why are you so afraid with him? It's not like he eats human?"

"I think he treated you in different ways that's why you didn't afraid of him. You hadn't seen him shouting at people yet. There was last year, he shouted at our previous senior. That was the most tragic moment in our school history. No, it wasn't an ordinary shout, it was... wow! I couldn't describe it." Jaemi told as Sara nodded along. Na Mi gaped. Maybe they were true. She was a new student and she had never seen such thing as they had told her, that's why she couldn't understand their fear towards Kai.

"He's really. He can just talk properly and quit his stoic face of his, though. He's the one who made people hate on him. Then why he cried his eyes out because of not having friends?" Sara  rolled her eyes in annoyance.

The whole school concluded the reason Kai cried that day was he had no friends so the generous Na Mi willingly to be his friend. For them, if he acted nicely, they wouldn't talk bad about him, though. He was just an attention seeker. Perfect match for Min Ah.

Truthfully they were confused why Na mi chose to befriending with him. They couldn't believe Na Mi was so brave to speak up for The Statue. For them, she was just a weirdo. Why not? Everyone didn't even dare to look at him into the eyes, but she went to follow him to the creepy music room. 

Na Mi didn't like it when someone talked nonsense about Kai when they don't even know anything. Na Mi looked at Sara and Jaemi with twitching eyes. "He was affected. Don't blame him. You guys don't know the reason why he did that. And he's not that bad, he is a good guy if you know him closer. So I hope you guys just keep your annoyed feelings, okay? Sometimes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter