Chapter 1

You're My Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 1 [/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2] 3209 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] 

 

An old pink yet useable bicycle with a basket in between the handle sped down the road causing the water of pothole splashed away. Her mesmerizing, dark brown orbs rolled down to her silver watch to check the time, afraid that she might be late to school for her first day. Knowing that 5 minutes more left, she fastened her cycle until she felt both of her legs were about to break.

She —Jung Na Mi— thought her grandfather would send her to school with his old car, but only to leave her jaw dropped in disbelief when her grandmother told her to cycle the old bicycle to school instead. Being a not-so-obedient grand daughter, she complained for a moment before she obeyed the eldest because she knew her grandparents were old. She would be a burden to them for sending her to school when she was big enough to go by herself to the school that only a few blocks from her grandparents house.

She started living with her grandparents since the last two weeks because her father had to go to Japan for his business for three years. It was not a big deal to her because his father was always busy with his business since the death of Na Mi's mother until she didn't find any differences anymore. Her father started occupying himself with loads of work in order to forget her beloved wife until he didn't realized he had abandoned his only daughter.

She was okay with it. She was used to it.

 For her, as long as her father cared and loved her, that was enough. When her father announced she would be living with her grandparents and transfer to the school nearby, she couldn't help to feel happy although she would be missing her friends in her previous school because at least after this she had someone nag at her, cook together, watch television together and eat together.

She missed that. 

Being in her grandparent's small house with no internet and only a small curved screen television was better than being in her big mansion alone, stucked in her room and snacking on junk food while her eyes were sticking on her laptop screen.  

She pushed the brake to stop the bicycle wheel and put down one of her feet on the ground when she finally arrived in front of her new school gate. Her hands started sweating in nervousness since this was her first time stepping in this school. She looked up at the school building that was standing high in front of her before she gulped, swallowing her fear.

 "It's okay Na Mi. You can do it." She mumbled to herself.

She got down from her bicycle. She gave a polite smile to the students around her who were walking into the gate.

Tucking the strands of her hair behind her ear, she adjusted the stripes of her bag and started walking into the gate as she pushed her bicycle along. She had to admit that she was quite embrassed with that old bicycle because the students were staring in a weird way at her and her old bicycle. Some even holding their laugh.

She had no choice. She would rather cycling to school instead of walking.

After she had placed her old bicycle at the garage in front of the field, she followed where the students went until they stopped at their locker to take out their books. She finally realized that she hadn't register herself yet and she didn't have her locker number nor class. She mentally scolded herself for not realising it. 

 Ding Dong 

The school bell rang and the students retreated to their class respectively. Seeing that, Na Mi quickened her pace to the administrative office to report for her first day.

 

▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀

 

The entire class laughed hard at Mr. Lee, the Literature teacher's jokes. He was loved by the students because of his spontaneous and jokes. His jokes had never failed to make his students laugh their heads off.

Unfortunately, there was a strange boy sitting at the back who was looking at Mr. Lee blankly. He did not even smile at Mr. Lee's jokes which succeed in making the students crack out. His face was expressionless as if he did not hear anything but the fact was he wasn't deaf. So he could hear anything.

A student noticed his expressionless face looked at him in a weird way. No wonder everyone called him 'The Statue' because he was just same as a statue. An alive statue to be exact. When everyone was laughing at some jokes, he only stared ahead with the stoic face of his. They had never seen him smiling even once. All they had seen was his famous cold glare which sent shivers down to their spines.

No one even dared to neither approach him nor talk to him because he would give a death glare even their eyes met his. The entire school had known Kai, as 'The Statue'. The geek student who had no friends, who was lack of reaction, who was still as statue, who only talked when necessary, who was always being mean to the students, who would snap in if someone got into his way, who would shout at the students face if he felt being disturbed.

Feeling a pair of eyes were on his, Kai looked up and the student who was looking at him just now flinched instantly. Before Kai could send daggers to him, he quickly turned around, regretting what he had done.

Indeed, everyone was afraid of him.

 

 ▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀

 

She swore she didn't hear wrongly from the office staff just now that it was that level, however the more she walked the more she felt lost and further away from the classroom block.

'Am I at the wrong block? How come there isn't any students around?'

She looked around, hoping to see some students passing by so that she could ask about the route.

Should I ask that boy? She thought when she saw a slightly tanned boy with fluffy hair was walking towards her direction. Probably he was back from the toilet and was heading to his class. The tanned boy looked up and met his gaze with her. She thought that this was her opportunity to ask him. She curled up the corner of her lips into a polite smile and cleared ,

 "Excuse me, can you show me—"

Unfortunately, the tanned boy just walked passed her, brushing his shoulder with hers before she could finish her sentence. She was speechless at his rude behavior.

"Wow! He gave me bad impression for the students in this school," Na Mi stared at the walking boy in disbelief. She turned around and sighed in disappointment. 

 "Look like I have to search by myself then." She mumbled and started her pace again. She walked soulessly not knowing where to go. She took a look at her watch and she confirmed the students had already started their lesson. She felt like she wanted to give up and just enter any class but she knew she wouldn't do that. 

"Hey, why are you here? Are you ditching your class? Go back to your class before I write your name."

A cute boy, with prefect uniform warned her to write her name as he was ready with his pen and notebook. She was startled and her eyes widened at that. Oh god.. What now? I'm starting to hate this school. 

"No! I'm a new student and I've been searching my class until now..." She lowered her head.

"Oh I'm sorry! I didn't kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter