New in Class

Never the Same

 

 

Minseok wakes up feeling warm and comfortable, but without a real sense of where he is. Then he remembers. And with a sigh, he gets out of his soft and cozy bed to start getting ready for school.

He brushes his teeth in the shower, and lets his hair air dry against his forehead as he dresses in his new uniform. As he heads out of the door he grabs an apple from the bowl in the kitchen and heads out. 

His new apartment is only a short ten minute walk to the school he will be attending, and he left a bit earlier than usual so that he can meet the Headmaster and get the papers he will need for his classes. Minseok munches on his apple as he walks, feeling increasingly nervous. He finishes his breakfast just as he walks up to the gates. 

He's early, so theres only a handful of students filtering in around this time. He heads into the school and wanders around for a minute or two before realizing he really has no idea where the office is. So he stops a passing student who looks nice enough and asks her quietly which way to go. 

Turns out the office had only been down the hall a ways and around the corner. So feeling a bit embarrassed, he bows and goes on his way. When he gets to the office, he knocks on the door quietly. He hears a muffled Enter from the other side, and so he does.

The meeting with the Headmaster goes swimmingly. He's a jolly round old man, who's balding and absolutely loves his students. He gives Minseok a lengthy talk about how happy he is to have such an accomplished new student, and that he expects great things from him. He talks so long, that the bell for classes to begin rings while he's still chattering away.

He stops short after with a, "Oh, don't let me keep you. Here's a map to your class, its accelerated you know, theres only one. You should get along quite well with the other students. Don't worry about being late, just tell Ms. Penelope I kept you. They all know I like to talk. Yes, I talk quite a lot. Oh! Go! Go! Don't want to miss class now! Don't be afraid to come see me if you need anything!"

After all of that Minseok finally exits the Headmaster's office with a sigh. Glancing down at his map, he starts make his way to his class. Late.

When Minseok finally turns into the correct hall, he has to pause at the noise coming from one of the classrooms. As he walks up to it Minseok's heart fills with nervousness and dread.

This is my class?

With a heavy heart, and a sigh of resignation, Minseok gives the door a soft, hesitant knock. Suddenly, he hears nothing. The inside of the classroom has gone completely silent, and then he hears a young and feminine voice calling him to come in. 

Minseok takes a deep breath and opens the door. 

When he opens the door he sees first the woman who will be teaching him for the foreseeable future. She appears to be fairly young, tall and willowy. She's wearing a simple blue dress, glasses, and has her dark hair pulled back into a strict hairstyle. She doesn't look like she would be a very nice teacher, but as soon as she gets her first real look at Minseok she gives him a warm smile. He decides she's probably a lot nicer than she looks, and he is relieved. 

He's taken about three steps into the room when she speaks, "Hello! Minseok is it? I'm so glad you could join us! Would you care to introduce yourself?" 

"No, I would not care to introduce myself," he thinks. But he does so anyway. 

Turning towards his new classmates, he bows deeply and says. "Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Minseok." 

The silence that follows his introduction quickly makes Minseok feel uncomfortable, and he finally looks up from his shoes to see the entire class staring at him. 

Minseok hears a voice from somewhere in the middle of the class say, "Oh! He's cute."

And then a growl of "Baekhyun--" immediately after. Minseok looks to the person who last spoke. A boy with slightly girlish features, and large round doe eyes is glaring at the boy sitting next to him. Minseok assumes that the one who called him cute, a boy with dark hair and mischievous face is called Baekhyun, and he takes a moment to wonder to himself who the person next to him is.

Minseok then notices that he is being glared at; by a boy thats sitting in the front row, with dark hair, owlish eyes, and heart shaped lips. Minseok thinks that he would normally look very cute, except his glare is slightly intimidating and it ruins the effect. Minseok looks back down at his shoes.

The teacher, Ms. Penelope (he must remember that) seems to take pity on him then. "You may sit, Minseok." 

Minseok sits in the only available chair, situated in the front row and closest to the door. Directly in front of the doe eyed boy, and beside the owlish one who likes to give nasty looks.

"We can all introduce ourselves later, we are already getting a late start." Ms. Penelope says firmly. 

Minseok is glad to not be the center of attention anymore, he will gladly leave that to the teacher. 

And then class begins.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________

I know, I know! 

You want the more interesting stuff already! I'll get to it!

 

Keep reading~~~~ :D

Comments are appreciated! :)

~~ Aya Kay :* <333