New in Town

Never the Same

 

 

 

Minseok takes in a deep breath of fresh, cool air. He's never felt so free, so light. He hadn't truly thought that moving to a new town would solve anything, it had only seemed like a good idea at the time. But after finally getting here he can already tell that theres a difference. He can feel it, things will be better here. All Minseok needs to do is lay low, stay out of trouble. It should be easy right? Right?

Exhaling out through his nose, Minseok picks up his grocery bags and starts making his way inside his new apartment. 

When he gets inside and looks around, he's pleased with his new arrangements. Although a little small, its nice for as cheap as it is. The entry way opens up to a medium sized living area and kitchenette, the bedroom and bathroom on the second floor over looking it from a loft. The walls are a modest cream color, the floors; a dark wood on the first floor, warm brown carpet on the second, the kitchenette and bathroom are all clean white tile. Over all, Minseok finds he is quite happy with the way it looks.

Most of Minseok's things had arrived via movers earlier that day, so all he has to do was set it up and put it all away. So figuring he has a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it, he starts school tomorrow after all, he gets to work. 

He puts away all of his newly bought food and drink, then starts unpacking dining ware, not that he's exactly expecting guests, and starts plugging in his appliances. He puts a pile of magazines he bought, the covers looked interesting, and a bowl of fruit on the island in the kitchenette. He pushes the bar stools close, so he won't trip over one when he wakes up in the middle of the night wanting a drink. 

Moving to the living room, he sets the TV and his expansive collection of movies and games against the wall to the left. His soft and comfortable brown couch is placed in front of it, a matching chair pushed a little off to the side. Various mismatched pillows and folded blankets get thrown over them. A glass coffee table is set between the couch and TV, and books get piled on it to read later. In a moment of brilliance, he sets his standing lamp nearby; its close enough to reach from his favorite spot on the couch without moving much. 

His bookshelves had been put upstairs, for better nighttime reading, so he heads there next.

~~~~~~Some time later~~~~~~

Minseok finishes putting his last set of clothes away with a sigh. He's exhausted! 

Glancing at the clock on the wall he sees its about 9 o'clock, he wouldn't normally go to bed so early, but seeing as how he starts school in the morning and he's exhausted he starts getting ready for bed. After brushing his teeth and setting his alarm, Minseok sets his uniform aside for tomorrow and climbs under the covers, hoping for a dreamless sleep and an uneventful first day.

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

Okay okay! I know not much happened in this chapter, and its a little boring, but I just wanted to help get a mental image of what his new space looks like, and hopefully get to know a little bit about Minseok to start... But I don't want to give much away yet!!! 

All in good time!

Next Chapter we get to meet Luhan!! YAY! 

So keep reading! If you please! :D

Thanks <3

--- Aya Kay :*