Chapter 9

Sense of Love

Many weeks have past and no one has any progress in finding why they are connected to each other problem. The dead are appearing more and more with human being. Kyungji is starting to see them in broad daylight wondering around the street. Many dead are asking Myunghee help to solve their problem so they can go to the afterlife. Haeji is starting to act different from her normal self. Jungmee starts to see that man more clearly. Youngsoon is getting little and little hint of her twin sister that went missing. Shingi starts to lose connection with Jimin. Yeryung is getting more visitors at night then she would in the day. Every customer wants her to deliver the gifts to the one that is either alive or dead. Chohee starts to invest in the red shoe girl that keeps on appearing in front of her.

Shin’s Restaurant:

“Haeji are you okay, what are you doing standing there? It is busy hours, you know better than this,” say Mr. Shin.

She did not reply or look at Mr. Shin but just stare at the wall in front of her and focus really hard. Her face turns sour and cold just staring at the wall. There was a shadow that was looking straight back at her.

“Haeji, do you hear me or not. I need you to focus. This is not the time to fool around. FOUCS FOCUS…. HAEJI DO YOU HEAR ME!!!!!”

She finally hears Mr. Shin loud voice and turns her head to look at him. She did not say anything and smile back creepy to him. One of her team mate pats her shoulder and she shook her head and looks her team mate.

“Hey are you okay,” says her team mate.

“Huh, oh yeah. What’s wrong?” asks Haeji.

“Mr. Shin is yelling at you and you just ignore him and smile creepily back at him.”

“Really, are you sure? I was working.”

“No, you were not. You were standing there and staring at that wall behind us.”

“Are you sure? Why would I be staring at that wall?”

Haeji turns around and look at the wall and shiver. She shook her head and wonder why she was staring at the wall for. She turns her head and look at Mr. Shin who was boiling mad at her.

“I am sorry, Mr. Shin,” answers Haeji.

“Now you finally hear me,” yells Mr. Shin.

“I am really sorry. I will not let it happen again.”

“GET TO WORK THEN!!!!”

Haeji nods her head and went straight back to work. But she is still thinking about what had happen earlier.

Shingi came into Jimin’s room and check on his condition. She saw that he is getting better and better. She was happy for him. Soon he will be able to leave the hospital. Jimin came rushing through the door trying to scare Shingi. She turns around and walks straight through him. He was shock and wonders why she did not see him standing there. When she walks pass him, she feels a cold breeze brush by her. She did not think much and left the room. Jimin looks at his body that was laying there and Shingi who just walk through him. He went and sits next to his body. Shingi walks out of the room and wonder why she did not see Jimin in the room. She turns back to look at the window and did not see anything.  She did not think much and went back to do her rounds on checking on patients. Jimin walks back and forth thinking hard why Shingi did not see him.

Jimin’s POV:

Why did she not see me? This was never a problem before, why now? When I am trying to understand this situation and now I cannot even communicate with her. What is going on? Who, who will be able to talk to me now?

After he says that there was a dark shadow appears in front of him. He looks at the shadow and notice that it was the same figure that was at the party. He did not see the face of the shadow but the feeling was the same when everyone was facing danger in the game of the party. He tries to leave the room and tell Shingi but something was not letting him go. He was stuck to the ground.  Shingi came back and look at the window to see if Jimin was inside but she did not see him. Jimin tries to call her but him notice that she did not hear him at all.

Shingi decide to open the door and went in. When she looks at the monitor, Jimin heart beat starts to drop rapidly and she got scare. She went to look at his pulse. It starts to weaken. She got scare and hold his hand and say that he will be fine. Once she touches his hand, the shadow disappears and Jimin can move again.

“Shingi,” says Jimin.

She turns to the voice calling her and looks.  She saw Jimin standing behind her. She smile and took a deep breath and look at heart monitor again and it was normal.

“What a slow turtle!” says Jimin.

“What are you saying? I do not understand,” says Shingi.

“Why are you so slow? Did you not see that I almost dead?”

She was confuse why Jimin say that. She looks at him with a puzzle face. Jimin walks up to her and flick her head.

“Did you not sense that I was in danger at all?”

“No, when I came early, your body was fine,” replies Shingi.

“I was here the whole time and you did not see me or what?”

“No, when I came in, there was only your body lying there,” pointing to the bed.

“Huh…. Why is this happening?”

“What is happening?”  Shingi asks with a confuse face.

 

“Youngsoon, we will meet soon. Just know that every second I am with you. Just know that I am here with you all the time. There will be no harm to you. See I am next to you. Do you see me?”

Youngsoon hear Youngmi speaking to her while she was announcing the news on TV. She stops speaking and try to look for her sister. It was echoing in a close distance but far away as well. She stood up and walks away. It seems like her body was taken over by someone else. She did not care what her coworker was saying and walk straight out of the room. When she finally went out of the room, the voice is still echoing in her ear and keeps repeating. She looks back and forth but there was no one. When she finally give up, Youngmi appear right in front of her. Youngsoon took a step back and look at her sister. Youngmi smile and slowing fade away from Youngsoon sight. Youngsoon tries to grab her sister but it was too late.

Youngsoon’s POV:

What is this? You come and go like it is easy for you. Why are you making it hard for me to find you? I know that you are there hiding somewhere and always looking at me. Please just let me talk to you. Why does it always you speaking and not me. Why are you not allowing me to ask you question. Why. Why. I want to know where you are. Is that hard for you to tell me? It is that simple.

She started to have tearing eye.

Youngmi saw her sister teary eyes and try to wipe it. When Youngsoon was speaking, she was still standing in front of her. She heard everything but there was no way she can speak to her sister. There was something blocking her from speaking freely. All she can do was stand there and try to protect her sister.  

Youngsoon start to feel the cold breeze coming nonstop so she starts to shiver.  Out of the blue, someone put a jacket over her. She turns to look and it was Mark.

 “What are you staring so intense that you did not hear me call you?” asks Mark.

“Huh, you were calling me?” Youngsoon replies confusedly.

“Yeah, when I came, I saw you walk out of the recording room and did not care what was around you. You keep on walking. You seem to be daydream in broad daylight.”

“Oh.”

“What were you searching for?”

“Nothing.”

“It did not look like it.”

“What do you want? Why are you here at my work place?”

“To visit, I cannot come.”

“Ummm…. It is my work hours not free time, just so you know.”

“I know.”

Mark walk with Youngsoon to the recording room again. Her coworkers look at her. She smiles and apologizes. Her manager told her to take the rest of the day off and rest. She did not hesitate and take the advice and clock out to go home.

 

“Sir, your coffee is here,” says Jungmee.

“Thank you,” answers the customer.

Jungmee look at the man that she brought the coffee over too. His face was familiar to her but the name did not come to her. She walks away and looks at his back. She keeps on looking. Jung kook notice and call her to come.

“What is your problem? Why are you staring at that man?” asks Jungkook.

“Me,” pointing to herself.

“Yes, you, who else.”

“Doesn’t that man look familiar?”

“Who?”

“The man that I brought the coffee over too. He looks like someone that I know but the name is not coming to me.”

Jungkook look at the man back and cannot figure out. So he decides to pretend to walk around the café and see the man face. He walks to the other side of the café and look at the man in a far distance. He knew right away that it was Minsu. He tries to calculate why a dead person would be able to be in contact with human. He keeps on staring at Minsu. Jungmee saw Jungkook intense look at the man and walk over to him.

“Are you okay?” asks Jungmee.

“Yeah I am fine. Don’t worry. Go back to work,” answers Jungkook.

“Okay.”

“Wait,” pulls on Jungmee sleeve, “you go straight to the kitchen and do not stay in the front, got it.”

“Why, you told me to stay in the front so I will not break anything in the back? Why all of sudden, you want me to go to the back?”

“Just do as I say no question.”

“Sigh… okay.”

Jungmee nod and walk straight to the kitchen. Her happy mood disappears after Jungkook told her to go to the kitchen.

Minsu notice Jungkook and walks up to him.

“Are you scare that I will do something to her?” asks Minsu.

“Why are you here?” questions Jungkook.

“Why can’t I? It is not hard to enter and leave this place. Where ever she is, that is where I will be so you do not need to be so protective of her.  Sooner or later she will know who I am. Just let destiny decide for her. You can protect her now but soon you will not be able too.”

“How are you able to be in contact with the human?”

“That is something you have to figure out yourself. If I tell you then it is too easy.”

“MINSU!”

Jungmee heard the name when she was about to go to the kitchen. She turns her head and looks at Jungkook. There was someone standing in front of him. She looks carefully, the man that is standing in front of Jungkook turns his head toward her. He smiles to her and she remembers who he was.

“It is Minsu,” says Jungmee.

She rushes over to where he was but after he smiles, he walks out of the café. Jungmee runs out to chase him but he was nowhere to be found. Jungkook came back to sense and notice that Jungmee ran out. He rushes out and pulls on Jungmee.

“What are you doing? Didn’t I tell you to go to the kitchen, why are you outside?” asks Jungkook angrily.

“I….I…. saw Minsu. Why did you lie to me? Why didn’t you tell me that it was Minsu? Why?”

“….”

“Tell me why you didn’t say that it was Minsu. I could have figure out some clues from him,” Jungmee replies angrily to Jungkook.

Jungkook did not say anything and pull on her hand and lead her back to the café.

 

“Welcome in,” says Yeryung.

She heard the bell ring from the door and greets the guest. When she looks up she saw no one. She thought she was hearing things so she ignore it and went back to do her paperwork. After a while, the bell ring again. She looks up and did not saw anyone. She decides to walks to the door and sees if it was not close all the way. When she was approaching the door, someone pulls on it. She got scare and jump.

“I am sorry, did I scare you?” asks the grandpa.

“No,” smiles Yeryung.

“I hear that this chocolate place can send gifts to anyone including the love one that left us. Is that true?” asks the grandpa.

“Well,” Yeryung did not know what to say.

“I wanted to send some chocolate and flower to my wife that left me but I never have time and now of day, sending gifts to the one that left us was not very popular.  But I heard that this store does a very good job on sending the gift out. So I wanted to give it a try.”

“Umm….”

“So can you or can you not?”

“……”

“Please tell me. I have been searching and asking around and they say that this is the best place.”

“Ummm…. I can try but do not put your hope on it,” replies Yeryung.

“Okay,” says the grandpa who has a big smile on his face.

He chooses his chocolate and gives the place of his wife location to Yeryung. When she turn around to say that it will be sending out today the grandpa left without any noise. Yeryung got scare. She turns pale. Even though she was scare, she already promises to send out the gift so she decides to send it off.

Later that day, there was an old grandma came asking around the neighborhood looking for Yeryung. She stops by Jaejoong’s office and asks. Jaejoong smile and told the grandma that he is gladly to take her to the location. She smile back and they walk to Yeryung store.

“Welcome in,” Yeryung looks up and smile.

She saw that it was Jaejoong and an old grandma. She took a deep breath and murmur that at least it is not a ghost that came to her again.

Jaejoong smile at her and she ignore him.

“This grandma wanted to come to your shop so I decided to help her.”

“Are you the manager?” asks the grandma.

“Yes, this is my shop. What can I do for you? “Asks Yeryung.

“I received flower and chocolate from here earlier but it was from my late husband. He passes away for a long time so how did you know where I live?”

“Ummm…..” Yeryung did not know what to say. She thought it was the wife that was dead not the husband. But it was the other way around. She cannot answer that question.

“How do you contact my husband if he had died for many years?”

“I….ummm…I….”

Jaejoong decided to help, “maybe it is your grandkids that stop by and told her to send it as your husband so you won’t miss him too much.”

“Is that true, Miss.”

“Yes,” replies Yeryung.

“Thank you. I hope that my grandkids are not giving you a hard time. I was sad when my husband pass away and it was his death anniversary yesterday. Thank you again for making me feels better. It made me feel like he was still here with me.”

“It was my pleasure, “replies Yeryung.

Right when she says that, she looks outside and saw the grandpa that came earlier. Her face turns pale. Jaejoong saw her face and walk over to tap her shoulder to see if she was okay.

“What is wrong? Why all of sudden your face is pale? Are you sick?” asks Jaejoong.

“No, I am fine. Just a little headache.”

The grandpa outside smile brightly and happily at Yeryung for accomplishing his wishes for his wife. He looks at his wife smile that he misses so much. The grandma turns around and saw her husband. The husband knew that she saw him. His sweet and loving smile gives her the life to live longer. She had happy tears. Yeryung saw they situation and smile along with them. Jaejoong was a little lost.

The grandpa disappears. The grandma turns around and bow to Yeryung and Jaejoong then she went out the door. She knew that it was her husband who came back to visit her.

Yeryung was happy and freak out at the same time. But luckily Jaejoong was there so it seems less scarily.  

 

Chohee went to Woohyun restaurant to meet a client since it was close to her office. When she was about to leave her office, the girl with the red show appear. Chohee was not scare but was determine to figure that who was that girl. She follows the girl. It leads her to the staircase. The red shoe girl stops and looks straight at Chohee.

“What do you want? Why do you keep on appearing in front of me? What did I do to you that you keep on bothering me?”

The girl tries to replies but her voice was mute. When she speaks there was no sound. Chohee looks at her and try to figure out the words but it was no use. All of sudden, the lights started to go on and off. There was a strong black shadow appear right behind Chohee. The red shoe girl was trying to tell Chohee to look behind but Chohee could not understand what she was saying. So the red shoe girl point so that Chohee can understand that there was something behind her. Chohee did not really understand what she was trying to say or pointing too. Chohee decide to go closer to the girl but the girl shook her head and waves her hand to show her not to move or Chohee will die.

“What are you trying to tell me? I am confused. What are you pointing to?”

Red shoe girl POV:

Please do not step farther or else she will push you. Stay where you are at. Please do not move. Why can she not hear me? Why? Woohyun, Junsu, please let her hear me or else I cannot protect her. Please.

After she says that, Chohee could hear from the girl was, “Look behind.”

Chohee look behind and there was a figure, right when it was about to push her, the red shoe girl came in time and block. Chohee was shock and did not know what just happen.  The figure disappears. The girl turns to Chohee and smile then disappears in thin air. Chohee shook her head and look around.

Chohee’s POV:

What just happen? Why did she protect me and why is there someone trying to harm me. What is going on? After that weird party, things are going out of control.  Huh…. What is all this? Even my instinct is tell me that it will be more worse if I don’t do anything. Where can I trace this problem?

She took a deep breath and decides to go meet her client instead. It was getting closer to the time.  

She arrives at the restaurant. When she was about to enter, the girl that was at the scene was outside of the restaurant. She closed her eyes and open again, hoping that she was seeing thing. When she opens, the girl smile backs her and waves her hand to tell Chohee to come to her. Chohee have the shiver. While this was happening, Woohyun came out. He was standing next to the girl. He saw Chohee in a far distant. Chohee also saw Woohyun. She looks at him then the girl. They were standing side by side.

Woohyun walks up to her since she was in daze.

“Are you daydreaming or what?” asks Woohyun.

“No, there was someone standing next to you so I was looking at her,” replies Chohee.

“There is no one next to me. Are you hallucinating things?”

“No I am not; there was a girl next to you. She had a pair of red shoe. Do you remember from the party, there was a pair of red shoe that keeps appearing in front of us?”

“I do.”

“Then she was standing next to you.”

“You must be crazy. Did you not get any sleep that’s why you are seeing things?”

“I am not lying. Forget it. If I continue there will be no ending. I have to go. I have to meet a client.”

Chohee decides not to continue and walk into the restaurant. Woohyun follow.

 

Myunghee and Kyungji were together since they have to work closely for the new store that was opening up in Wang’s mall. Myunghee and Kyungji talk a lot about party and trying to figure things out. They figure out each other secret but there seems to be more to it. So whenever they work together with at the new store, they would brainstorm.

“Mommy, mommy, look it is that lady again and she had a new friend.”

Kyungji and Myunghee heard the little boy voice. They both turn their head to see who it was. Myunghee was frightened because it was the same exact boy from before. Kyungji was not too surprise because Myunghee told her already but what scares her was it was daylight and she is seeing them already.

“Honey, why are you giving this young lady a hard time? Don’t you see that they are busy with work,” replies the mother.

Kyungji and Myunghee both smile back awkwardly to the mother and child.

“But mommy, she can be the only one to help us. Why don’t we go ask them for help?” asks the boy.

“You silly child, how do you know that they can help us?” answers the mother.

“BUT…”

“No more buts.”

Right when the mother finish saying, Jackson came in. Myunghee saw Jackson and ran up to him and ask him if he saw a mother and child standing at the door.

“No, “answers Jackson.

Myunghee tugs on his shirt sleeve and ask him to look carefully at the door. When she asks him to turn and look, she looks again and the mother and child disappear. Kyungji was shock that they disappear out of nowhere. She blink really hard to see if she will she them again but they did not appear.

Myunghee sigh.

“What are you two doing? It is work hours and you two have a lot of time to fool around,” asks Jackson.

Myunghee and Kyungji look at each other and sigh from disappointment as well as being freak out.

“You two stay focus, it is almost time for the grand opening and it is still a mess in here,” says Jackson.

They both nod there head and Jackson left.

“Wait, why am I nodding when I am not his employee,” says Myunghee.

“Too late now,” answers Kyungji.

“Did you see where the mother and child disappear to?” asks Myunghee.

“I don’t know. I was about to ask you that question too.”

“When I tug onto your boss sleeve to look at the mother and child then they disappear.”

“Is this the first time that it happens that they disappear out of the blue,” asks Kyungji.

“No, the first time was when I came here asking to see the CCTV with your boss if he saw the boy but when I touch him, the boy disappears.”

“Wait, there has to be something that is preventing you from see them,” asks Kyungji.

“I don’t know but if I do not see your boss then the little boy would follow me and annoy me until I meet your boss and he disappears from my sight.”

“Wait, wait, wait….”

“What is it?” answers Myunghee.

“Forget it, let’s just keep working and forget it or else it will creep us out.”

“I agree.”