chapter 3

Sense of Love

The sun is going down and the moon is coming out. Everyone is rushing home for different reasons.  Youngsoon just finish her recording and about to leave her company.  She walks outside and sees the city light that she only see from the internet and now she is living just like the picture that she had in her room in her hometown. Shingi did not get to go home since she is taking the overtime looking after the special patient that she just got assign to. She was looking at the patient file to see if there is any special treatment that she need to do or anything that she need to know before doing her routine.  Chohee actually gets to go home early since she is done with all her paperwork. Myunghee look outside the window and see that the sun is setting and she is barely starting her work. She took a deep breath and went back to work. She still doesn’t know why she always has to help them before she does her work. Haeji just finish her shift and was about to change her clothes so that she can go home and rest. But her head boss called her into the office. She went in and her boss asks her to stay until 1 am because one of the managers just called in last minute and no one can cover the closing shift. Haeji did not want to say no so she end up staying double shift and help the employee close the store. Kyungji was happy that she gets to get off work early while the sun was still up. She rushes out to clock herself out so that no one can tell her to stay later. She walks out and walks straight to the bus stop. Jungmee was excited that she found another job but it did not go so well again. She passes by a small coffee shop and saw a sign say “help wanted.” Yeryung decided to close her shop early since she did not want to see certain people.

Yoogsoon waited for a taxi so she can just go straight home rather taking the bus. While she was waiting, a sport car pulls up to her. The window roll down, Youngsoon ignores it and look straight ahead. The car honk and she look to see what the owner wants. She looks and sees it was young man. He winks to her with a smile. She was confused. He walks out of the car and walk toward her.

“Hey girl, I can take you home,” smile with a smirk on saying that he is lucky today.

“No, thank you. Someone is already coming to pick me up,” Youngsoon replied back while ignoring as much as she can. She was worry since she was the only one there and no one is with her.

“Hey, don’t try to play hard. I know that you like me. Why don’t you just go with me?”

“Um… sorry but I don’t know who you are and I do not like you,” walk away and wondering when her taxi will come.

“I know you want me so stop playin’, you and me, come on. Every girl wants me and you don’t. I know that you been looking at me for a long time. And now I give you the chance, and now you are saying NO.”

“Sorry, sir. I have no clued what you are saying. I have never seen you before or talk to you before.”

“Never seen me before or talk to me before, are you kidding me. I am Mark Tuan, the club owner of Ace. You (pointing to Youngsoon) work with me.”

Youngsoon was confuses. She feels a cold wind blown toward her and she looks in that direction and saw her sister.

“Youngmi!”

“That’s right. Youngmi. You are Youngmi. The girl that always likes me.”

“Me liking you.”

“YES!”

“Oh, it must be….” Youngmi shake her head telling Youngsoon not to tell Mark anything.

“Be what…,” Mark questions her.

“Nothing.”

The taxi finally came, Youngsoon run to the taxi and closes the door and tells the driver to leave before Mark stops the car. Mark was surprise that the girl that always wanted him to date her is avoiding her. He smirks and walks back to his car so he can head back to his club.

“Shingi, are you ready to meet your new patient in 1205. I think the patient cannot wait any longer,” say Sunny.

“Of course, I am really. Wait I need to grab my paper work that dealt with the patient.”

Shingi walks over to grab the paperwork and walk with Sunny to the room. She enters and saw a body lying in the bed with many wires monitoring the patient. She walks closer to the patient and notice that it was the same guy that was from yesterday that was pacing back and forth in the hallway.

“Oh it’s him.”

“Who are you referring to Shingi,” saying Sunny.

“Him (pointing to Jimin) He was the gentleman that I saw yesterday when you ask me who I was talking too.”

“Shingi are you okay. He was brought to the hospital like this already and also he is in a coma. His doctor does not guarantee that he will be back to normal and does not know how long it will take him to wake up,” replied Sunny while patting Shingi on the shoulder.

“But… but… I clearly see him yesterday perfectly fine.”

Sunny nods her head and say that Shingi must be tired and need to go home and sleep. Shingi clearly knows that she is not tired at all and she clearly see Jimin walking and talking normal yesterday. Sunny walks out and left Shingi there alone. Right when Sunny left, Jimin came into the picture.

“I musts be crazy but I can’t be because I did see him yesterday. What is going on in this brain of yours Shingi.”

Shingi say out loud and did not notice that Jimin was right next to her. When she feels the chill, she looks and saw the perfectly normal Jimin next to her. She jump and scream. Jimin cover .

“Do you want everyone to come in here and think that you are crazy?”

Shingi walk back. She looks at Jimin on the bed than to the one in front her of. She was scared to death. She run out and did not even look twice at all. She runs straight to the nurse station and was out of breath. Sunny saw Shingi and ask her if she was okay. Shingi nod her head and then shook her head saying no. Sunny started laughing. Shingi glare at her then she saw Jimin was behind Sunny and was also laughing. She closes her eyes tight and wishes that Jimin would disappear when she opens her eyes. When she opens it, Jimin was still there looking straight into her eyes. Sunny was standing there in confusion.

“Go away, why are you still there,” says Shingi.

Sunny look at Shingi, “You mean me. Okay, I’ll go. I still have things to do anyways.”

“No not you.” Sunny just say I know you didn’t mean it but still we are just working. Sunny left.

Jimin told Shingi that she cannot avoid him because she is the only one that can see him. She was confuse and do not understand why. Then Jimin say that due to her accident she can see people that are in the same situation like her as well as the dead patient that are still in the hospital.

Chohee was surprise that she can actually leave her work place early. She walks out and feels that someone is following her. When she turns around, there was no one. It kind of creep her out so she rushes her car. Her phone ring and scared her.

“Chohee, we are having dinner at Infinite so come here,” say her mother.

“Why. Why are we even eating out for anyway? Why can’t we just eat at home?”

“Stop arguing with me and just come.”

“FINE. I’ll be there in couple of minutes.”

She heads to the restaurant. When she arrives at the location, she saw a big dark cloud above the restaurant and does not feel comfortable at all when she park.

“Chohee, over here.”

Chohee walks over to where her parents sit. She sat down and asks her mother if she feels like this restaurant has some bad spiritual things going on. Her mother hushes her to be quiet. She looks around to see if there was any suspicious about the place. She can’t find anything but that won’t stop her. The waiter came to take their order. When she was looking at her menu a women’s face appear in her menu. She jerks back a little and her mother saw her.

“Are you okay, Chohee?”

“I’m fine.”

She just went back and looks her menu and just picks out something to eat. After her order, she told her mother that she needs to use the restroom. She walks toward the restroom and bump into a man. She replies with a sorry. She looks up and saw that the man was smiling very cheesy at her. She got goosebumps and shiver all over her body. She ignores him and walk to the restroom.

“Chef, we need help. There is a mess in the kitchen,’ yells Hoya, one of the chefs in the restaurant.

“What is it?” says Woohyun.

Woohyun walks into the kitchen and notice that one of the stove was about to start on fire. He yells and tells the worker to bring the fire extinguisher to prevent the fire from becoming bigger. All six chefs in the kitchen all gather together. Chohee walk out of the restroom and walk toward the kitchen. She looks and the direction was different from earlier. She just keeps on walking since her instinct is telling that there is something that she needs to see. She reaches the destination and saw the fire and the man that she bumps into. She walks up to them and asks them if they call the fire department yet.

“No, our boss says do not call anyone yet,” says Sunggyu.

“Why is that.”

“It has always been like that and this is not the first time.”

Chohee did not understand one thing at all but when she looks closely, the fire was not even big to where it needs to a lot of attention. She focuses more on the fire and saw the same face that was on her menu. She screams out of the blue and all six chefs including Woohyun look at her. She notices that they were looking at her. Woohyun walks up to her.

“Are you okay.”

“I’m… I’m…,” no words was coming from because she was staring straight at the face that was appearing in the fire. She was examining it.

“So are you okay, miss,” asks Woohyun.

“I’m fine. Sorry to interrupt you guy.” She walks out and was nodding her back and forth. She cannot figure out why she sees that face.

Woohyun runs after Chohee. Chohee’s mother came after her since she was gone for too long.

“Mom.”

“Chohee where did you go.”

“Sorry, mom. I accidently went to the kitchen and saw that it was on fire.”

“Did you call the fire department?”

“No. But mom the weird thing is that I saw a women’s face in the fire and it seems like she wanted me to do something. I can’t get her message at all. It looks like she wanted revenge from someone in the kitchen.  But was scared to tell me for some reason, I can sense that it was some that will interfere with my life partner and I do not life comfortable at all.”

“Honey, I think you are thinking too much. Let’s just go eat and go home. You might be too tired from working all day.”

Chohee took her mom words and went back to their table. Woohyun was listening to Chohee and her mother talking. He hears something about a woman’s face. He knew right there that it has to be his ex- girlfriend. He took a deep breath and walk back to the kitchen to see if everything went back to normal.

“YES… I AM DONE…,” yelled Myunghee.

She was so excited so some reason that she cannot stop her happiness. She looks at her watch and it was just 4 o’clock. She can finally clock out and go shopping since she never has the time for it anymore. She arrived at the mall. She can’t believe that she isolated herself from the mall for so long. She told herself that she is going to shop until she have no more money to spend for the next couple of days. Right when she walks out of the store, there was a little boy sitting on a bench crying so loud that she cannot just ignore. She walks to the little boy.

“Are you lost?”

The little boy wipes his tear and pointing finger at himself.

“Yes, you.”

“My mom and dad left me here and never came back to pick me up. I want to go home.”

“Okay, I’ll take you to the information station so they can call your parents.”

The little boy was happy and walks with Myunghee. She went to the station and saw there was no one there. When she bends down to the boy, someone pop out of the blue and say hello which scare her.

“OH MY GOSH,” says Myunghee.

“Did you need some help?” say the gentleman.

“Yes, there is a little boy that is lost and he wants his parent. Can you call on the intercom and tell his parents to pick him up.”

“Of course and where is the little boy that you are talking about?”

“Here,” Myunghee pointing to the little next to her.

The man did not see the boy and was confuse. He thought that she was little crazy when there is no one beside her and him.

“Um.. I am sorry but there is no little boy next to you? Are you sure that there is one? Did he run away?”

Myunghee answer, “No, he is right here. Can’t you see? He is standing next to me. He is wearing a brown tee shirt with jean. Are you kidding me that you do not see him?”

“Miss, for the last time, there is no little boy with a brown shirt and jean standing next to you.”

Myunghee was a little annoy so she told the man to call the manager. The man told her that he is the manager of this mall and if there is any issue, he can handle it. Myunghee try it one more last time and told him slowly but the man still did not see the boy. Myunghee gives up and bend down to the boy and say that the man will not call his parents. The little boy laughs and she was confused.

“Miss, are you sure you are okay? Do you need me to call an ambulance for you?”

“I’m sorry what did you say,” Myunghee was a little offend by his words, “First, you can stop calling me miss. I am Myughee and you are…”

“Jackson. Wang Jackson.”

“Okay, Mr. Jackson.”

“No, that is not my last name it is my first name.”

“Okay, okay, Mr. Wang. I am not crazy and I do not need to go to the hospital.”

Myunghee was piss off for being called crazy when she is trying to help a little boy. She storm off and Jackson tries to stop her.

“Why are you stopping me?”

“I really think you need to go to the hospital for a checkup.”

“I do not need to. Thank you for worrying.”

“If you do not believe me that there is no little boy with you. I can prove to you.”

He pulls on her hand and takes her to the security office to check the camera. He told the security guard to rewind to where he and Myunghee were at. Myunghee was looking at it. Then she notice since when she was taking to Jackson, there was no little boy in the camera expect for her and Jackson. She got freak out and told Jackson to stop playing the video. She did not want to see it anymore. Jackson told the guard to turn it off. She walks out with all her energy drain out and then the little boy pop out of the blue and scared her causing her to scream. Jackson came behind her and tap on her shoulder and she turn and hug him tightly. Jackson was a little taken back but he did not told her to go. When she came back to her sense, she let go of Jackson and apologize.

“Haeji, thank you so much for staying. You are the best,” say the manager.

“No problems.”

Haeji went back to her work since she did not get to go home. She walks to the lobby where many guests are arriving and waiting to be seated. She rush herself to help get as much guests seated.

“Hello, welcome. How many people today?” asks Haeji.

“Just two, please,” answer the gentleman.

“Your name, please.”

“Kim Junsu.”

“Okay, Mr. Junsu, your seat will be ready in a bite.”

“Thank you.”

Right when Haeji finish clearing the lines, her boss call her to help serve the guest in the lobby. She did not hesitate at all and went straight to the kitchen to bring out food to the guest. Junsu looks at Haeji while she was working. He can’t believe that she is capable to do so many things at once. She just hops from station to another. While he was thinking to himself, one of the waiters calls him. He went with the waiter. He sat down and then his boss came in right after.

“Junsu”

“Sir.”

They greet each other. Haeji came to Junsu’s table.

“Oh, it’s you again,” says Haeji.

“You two know each other,” say Junsu’s boss.

“No,” Junsu replies, “We just meet earlier, she was the waitress at the door earlier.”

“Sorry for interrupting your conversation but what can I get for you two,’ says Haeji.

Junsu and his boss place the order and Haeji left. His boss mention about Haeji again.

“You know that every time when I come here to eat. She is always working like crazy just like you. She goes from one station to another. She is a hard working young lady. It is sad that she is all by herself.”

“Why is that,” Junsu was curious.

“Her parents both left her when she was young so she basically works to pay off her bills. She always keeps herself busy.”

Wow was all Junsu can say. Their food finally came. They left after finishing. Haeji was off earlier than she was supposed to. She did not argue and change her clothes. When she was walking out of the back door, she feels like someone was walking right behind her. She quickly turns around and the person hides. She walks at a faster pace. Without knowing, she bumps into a body that was similar to her. She looks and saw that it was Junsu from earlier. She apologizes and walks away.

“You seem to be rushing. Are you oaky?” ask Junsu.

“I’m fine. I just feel like someone was stocking me so I was trying to rush out of the alley to where there are light. That’s all.”

“Oh. If you don’t mind, I can walk with you.”

“Oh, no you don’t have too. I don’t want to waste your time also you are busy.”

“It is fine. I just got off work just like you. I am a detective so if I walk with you, I can help solve your problem.”

“What problem do I have,” Haeji was confused.

“The person that is following you.”

“Oh.”

Haeji did not say anything and let Junsu walk with her. She finally arrives at her house. She told Junsu to leave. Junsu nod and left. While he was walking, there was a grandma coming back from the store stop Junsu. He was surprise.

“Young man, do you know that young lady that just enter the house?”

“Yes, I do. Is there any problems?”

“I told her before that she is has to be careful because she is her soul is becoming weak and many spirits are waiting for that perfect moment to enter her body. She is in danger. Young man if you can help. Please look after her. I always watch her work and work to the point that sometimes I just want to help her. I might be old and you might think that I am talking nonsense but trust me young man. She needs you the most now. I hope you can help her and she can help you also.”

After that the grandma left and Junsu was still thinking about what was the meaning of the words. Junsu keeps thinking it over and over again and still can’t figure it out.

“Young miss, can I ask you a favor please.”

Kyungji look at herself and then back to the lady.

“Me.”

“Yes, do you by chance know where this place is at?”

The lady shows her the location. Kyungji look at the location. It was not far from where they were at so she decided to take the lady the place. They reach the location. Kyungji was surprise that there is a really luxury company in a location that is creepy and the surrounding area is really poor. The lady looks at Kyungji and thanks her and walks into the building. Kyungji forgot to ask the lady something and went into the company. Kyungji enter and the place was super cold and the lighting was very dim. The lady in the front desk asks Kyungji if she needs anything.

“Did you see an older lady came in here?” ask Kyungji.

“No,” replies the front desk lady.

Kyungji got scared and told herself that hopefully the person that she just helps is not a ghost. Right when she just finish her thought, someone yells from above and say “Yes she is a ghost.” Kyungji’s goosebumps all came out at once. She looks up to see who the person that just scares her to death was. When she looks up she saw a tall and cold person. The lady in the front greets the man when he walks down the stair. Kyungji walks over to him.

“You see her too.”

The cold man ignores her words and turns straight to the front lady and told her to leave the area for now. “Okay, Mr. Kim.”

The front lady left the area and went somewhere. The ghost lady reappears and thanks Kyungji once again. This time Kyungji was scared and close her eyes and did not response to the lady ghost. The ghost looks at the cold man and thanks him also.

“Mr. Kim is the ghost gone yet,” ask Kyungji.

He ignores her words and walk away. She slowly one her eyes and saw him leaving. She runs to him and hold onto his suite blazer. He turns around and shook her hands off of him. She looks at him and asks him what type of business he is doing and does he see ghosts too. He ignores her once again and just walks toward the stairs. She was leave alone in the area. The front lady came back and Kyungji if she still need help. Kyungji shots many questions to the lady and she just smile and say slow down for a minute.

“He is our boss and he can see ghosts. He sees them since he was a little kid that’s why he is so cold and does not talk much,” says the lady.

“Oh. Okay. I’ll be leaving now.”

Kyungji walk out and it was dark. She curses at herself for not being able to tell the different between human and ghost. Now she has to walk to go home in the dark with many more waiting for her. Right when she was doing cursing at herself, she saw Mr. Kim walking out. Kyungji just ignore him like he does not exist. He did the same and she feels hurts.

“MR. KIM….” Yells Kyungji. Right after she finish yelling his name, she saw many dead people walking toward her and him. She got scared and run behind to hide herself from the ghost holding onto his white collar shirt. He tries to shake it off but she keeps on grabbing onto it so he just ignores her. She hides her face into his shirt so that she will not see any faces.

“When are you planning to let go?” ask Mr. Kim.

“Um…um… did they all left already?” asks Kyungji.

“YES.”

She took a deep breath and look and there was no one expects him. She let go and say thank you and run as fast as she can so that she won’t see any one.

Jungmee runs straight to the shop. She walks to the front counter and say that she saw the sign say help wanted and she wants to try. The front counter girl told Jungmee to sit down first and let her go tell her boss. Jungmee went and sit down.

“Hi, I am the manager. One of my employee say that you are interested in working here,” says Jungkook.

“Yes, I am,” without any hesitation to double think what the job was.

Jungkook smile and laugh at Jungmee replies. He looks at her up and down and notice sometime different about her. Her energy is outrageous than looking more into her deeply, she is hurting. Jungkook can’t say no so he told her if she can work right now. She was happy and jump up and down saying yes. Jungkook just laugh and smile looking at her. He does not know why he just says yes to her without any interview or back ground check. Jungmee shake hand with Jungkook and hug him. He was surprise. She apologizes for the hug. He did not take it to heart. He told her to follow him into the kitchen. They enter the kitchen. Jungmee feels like it happen before to her but cannot remember clearly at all. Jungkook look at Jungmee and was wondering what is going on in her mind. He cannot stop smiling when he looks at Jungmee and her silly acts. One of employees came into the kitchen. Jungkook told the employee that he will personally train Jungmee. So the employee went back out. Jungmee hear the door close and turn around.

“Oh, did someone here came to train me,” Jungmee  speaking happily.

“Yes, but instead I will be personally training you. I want you to be the best of the best,” says Jungkook.

“Okay then. Let’s get started.”

Jungkook do not understand why she does not double think about what she is getting into at all. Jungmee was too excited about her job that she did not notice that there was only her and Jungkook in the kitchen. 

Yeryung lock the door and hear a man voice. She turns and hopes that it will not be a ghost. She turns and sees it was actually human being.

“Are you that scare of men?” say the man.

“No, I am not. I was thinking about something else. What can I do for you?” questions Yeryung.

“Well I heard that this chocolate shop has the best chocolate ever so I wanted to try some. If you don’t mind can I buy some?”

Sorry, sir but we are close. Why don’t you come back tomorrow?”

“Huh, I thought I can have some today. I guess it is my luck huh.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s only 4 o’clock and you are close.”

“Yes.”

“Well then, I guess I have to come back tomorrow specially just to see you too then.”

“Sorry, sir. I will have to go now if you do not have any more questions.”

“Oh yeah before I forget. I just open a law firm around the area here also. So I was just checking to see my neighbors. That’s all. It was nice knowing you.”

“Huh…”

“Sorry. I am Kim Jaejoong and I just open a new firm around this area.”

“Oh, okay. Nice meeting you too.”

“I’ll be seeing you around then correct,” question Jaejoong.

“Yeah.”

While Jaejoong keeps asking Yeryung questions. Mrs. Han came back to visit Yeryung.

“Young miss, you are close already. I came earlier than yesterday.”

“I’m sorry. Yes.”

“Oh.”

Jaejoong was looking at Yeryung and was puzzled who can she possibly talking to when there is only him and her. Yeryung notice that Jaejoong was still there. She feels weird. Mrs. Han left so Yeryung focus on leaving so that Jaejoong will not ask her anymore question. Jaejoong follow her. She paces herself to her car.